Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

Viridi said:
It happens all the time, actually. Developers often leave bits of code in the game that can't actually be accessed in the game but are leftover from development.

I assume it's because they forgot they were there and didn't delete them, although it's also possible that crafty developers leave some on purpose to produce hype for the next installment. Or they just left them there because why not give your fans (the truly dedicated ones who dive into code) some extra stuff?

Just because it happens "all the time" doesn't mean the files for the SM3DW characters are a likely shot to be in the game. If there is no plans to place the characters in the game (and it's likely it will not), the characters simply won't appear in the game.

Nintendo doesn't really leave stuff in there to produce hype for the next installment, nor to give the game file surfers something to enjoy with. They left a bunch of stuff in Mario Kart Wii like Petey Piranha, Paratroopa, and Hammer Bro. yet those were zero indication for anything in the future.

This is definitely one of my most anticipated games of the year (Pffft, look at my sig). I was shocked when they announced this, the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW were really a game within a game imo, and the amount of requests on the Miiverse page was pretty huge.

I think everyone expected if it were to be announced it'd be an eShop game but nope, full retail packaged game. I ain't complaining. I wonder what they're going to do with Amiibo with this... it's listed in the games supporting that function.... hmmmm....

Anyways, I hope Plessie returns I love him. I'm ready for Adventure!

A Captain Toad level creator can work in this type of game.

I'm not sure how Plessie will work, since I bet Captain Toad can already swim.

I hope they really flesh out the mechanics because what I'm seeing so far doesn't really look like itll be worth 60 bucks

Maᴙio said:
A Captain Toad level creator can work in this type of game.

I'm not sure how Plessie will work, since I bet Captain Toad can already swim.
There could be levels where CT rides Plessie the whole level in an arena-like stage. Or levels that require you to ride him and hop off. It doesn't seem like CT can swim underwater or I missed something, but Plessie could. Levels don't seem to be exclusive to being squares and compact (look at the train stage and Dragon Boss)

Captain Toad can maybe use Plessie as a boat-like animal to shoot water at a fire thing. Or maybe he can ride Plessie over lava.

Actually, yeah, I don't think he can swim. I was thinking about that level with the stupid Hammerhead shark thing and assumed you have to swim in it. My memory is hazy.

Maᴙio said:
Captain Toad can maybe use Plessie as a boat-like animal to shoot water at a fire thing. Or maybe he can ride Plessie over lava.

Actually, yeah, I don't think he can swim. I was thinking about that level with the stupid Hammerhead shark thing and assumed you have to swim in it. My memory is hazy.
Yeah, I think he can only tread in water when he's above a platform and that's it.

DaKid said:
Maᴙio said:

Yeah, I think he can only tread in water when he's above a platform and that's it.
He probably yells "HELP ME! HELP ME! HELP ME!" while he's treading water too.

Toads. Always so helpless.

We don't even know the price or how much content it will have. Man why has this game being retail such a negative, it pretty much guarantees we're getting a bang for our buck.

It'll be something more complex than cubes? Like it'll look like you're actually in an area rather than a cube floating in the middle of nowhere?

Baby Luigi said:
It'll be something more complex than cubes? Like it'll look like you're actually in an area rather than a cube floating in the middle of nowhere?
Yeah like the Train level and the Dragon level. They're not cubes, they're actual locations in their layout and design.

Well that's a good reason to be 60 bucks.

For people saying it doesn't really look like it'll be worth 60 bucks, not everything about it is shown. Reserve judgement until we get some more footage or something. (I guess that includes me: they better show something that'll perk my interest up)

Anyone think there will be more playable Toads? Like Toadette and Toadsworth? That would be pretty neat, but I'm not sure how they would implement unique abilities for them. But a playable Toadsworth would mean a character I actually like is in the game so I don't have to play as the Toad with the annoying voice.

Don't get your hopes too high for more playable characters. Usually what you see is what you get when it comes to characters. Hell we got Rosalina and two freaking recolored Toads playable before Toadette in a platformer.

I'm 98.6% doubting that we'll get playable characters other than Captain Toad.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Anyone think there will be more playable Toads? Like Toadette and Toadsworth? That would be pretty neat, but I'm not sure how they would implement unique abilities for them. But a playable Toadsworth would mean a character I actually like is in the game so I don't have to play as the Toad with the annoying voice.
Would love Toadette, she'd be like the brave one. Call her Lieutenant Toadette.

Baby Luigi said:
Don't get your hopes too high for more playable characters. Usually what you see is what you get when it comes to characters. Hell we got Rosalina and two freaking recolored Toads playable before Toadette in a platformer.

I'm 98.6% doubting that we'll get playable characters other than Captain Toad.
I'll still hope.

Back