Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

Debt's a Hoot said:
the player can either agree to help, starting the quest, or they can freak out about the talking bird in front of them, causing Hoot to retort that the player is driving around in a shoe.

i am very proud of this sentence which accurately and wholly represents its source

Phew, on a featured article too. :]

The name 'Mario Super Sluggers' may be related to the fact most characters do not move fast, and instead move like a slug.

What is this trivia supposed to be, anyway?

F-777 said:
The name 'Mario Super Sluggers' may be related to the fact most characters do not move fast, and instead move like a slug.

What is this trivia supposed to be, anyway?

What the hell, where did you find that trivia anyway?

Glowsquid said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_knockoffs_acknowledged_by_Nintendo#Era.27s_Adventures_3D

The game features a green dinosaur named Era, who looks almost exactly like Yoshi, whom the player must use to shoot flaming mucus at objects such as boxes and crates.
I wrote that...at least give me credit

(User creation log); 09:08 . . User account Trump2016 (talk | contribs) was created ‎

Oh God. Politics have sneaked their way into the wiki, of all places.

I hate the internet

q7gV3Ej.png

AkpbPiz.png

ahhhhhh christ

Controversy implies that both sides are valid.

I like how one of our sources links to an article that says "Zoe Quinn and Horde of SJWs Enraged at Nintendo Over ‘Paper Mario’ Mushroom Pun"

sounds totally neutral, nonbiased, and valid amirite

Ah, grabbed the site while not looking too deeply into it. My bad.

Striker Mario said:
Controversy implies that both sides are valid.
As if the complaints about occultism were any more valid. Actually, on a side note, the article brings up "transgenderism", but it doesn't say much beyond the fact that Birdo is/isn't a man/woman. Shouldn't it show that Birdo has actually produced any controversy? It doesn't even cite sources beyond an article that lists all of Birdo's appearances.

Yeah, that was more like a general remark. Though I think it should stay there only because Nintendo made an actual response to it and thus acknowledged it. As for transgenderism, I don't see how it's a controversy other than Nintendo trying to self-censor.

If Nintendo's made an official statement about people getting their genderly-ambiguous knickers in a twist, then I wouldn't have much of a problem with including it, but I don't think such a statement exists.

i expected funny sentences coming into this thread

that title has bothered me for a while because to me it seems to imply any transgenderism is a controversy
i think at one point it used to include a bit on vivian but that was removed, so i'd say perhaps just change it to 'Birdo' or something

perfect bjaodn material

Back