Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

Baby Luigi said:
I know there's no problem, as it's taken out of context

thats exactly what the thread was (originally) for

The two Angry Suns encountered in Super Mario Bros. 3 are two of only three genuinely hostile stars in the whole Mario game series, the third being the Dark Star.

Not all Kremlings are bad, though; some, such as K. Lumsy, Krunch, and the Kritter goalies of Mario Strikers seem to be decent individuals.

Not really a sentence, but I love the fact that we have an article called Sacred Cylinder of Cheese.

if that article doesn't get fixed i'll be sorely disappointed with the mariowiki editing team

The Darkening was a time period of the Flora Calendar, invented by the Floro Sapiens, mentioned in Super Paper Mario, happening in Flora years 444 to 496. It was caused by King Croacus I, a once-great ruler, but due to the wilting of his son, he became corrupted, starting the Darkening. The Darkening is never explicitly described, but it can be assumed that it was a period of civil war. The Darkening was stopped by Queen Croacus II by overtaking the previous king.
why does everything """"serious"""" or """"dark"""" in the mario universe always have something to do super paper mayro

GBAToad said:
if that article doesn't get fixed i'll be sorely disappointed with the mariowiki editing team
I cut the cheese.

It's pretty bad, so some of the sentences I have to restructure may lost its meaning.

Old version.
After some stumbling around, Mario and Princess Toadstool found themselves lost on an enormous castle; Toadstool, angry at Mario for his accidental spilling of cheese on her dress, furiously kicked him off of the tower on which they had landed.

My version.
After some stumbling around, Mario and Princess Toadstool are lost on an enormous castle. Toadstool, angry at Mario for his accidental spilling of cheese on her dress, kicks him off the castle's tower.

GBAToad said:
The Darkening was a time period of the Flora Calendar, invented by the Floro Sapiens, mentioned in Super Paper Mario, happening in Flora years 444 to 496. It was caused by King Croacus I, a once-great ruler, but due to the wilting of his son, he became corrupted, starting the Darkening. The Darkening is never explicitly described, but it can be assumed that it was a period of civil war. The Darkening was stopped by Queen Croacus II by overtaking the previous king.
why does everything """"serious"""" or """"dark"""" in the mario universe always have something to do super paper mayro
Soup Paypal Mayro was always a joke to begin with smh.

Also, Soup Mayro RPG articles tend to have the same "quality" writing.

Presumably due to the secluded nature of their existence, the Micro-Dolphins believe cows are extinct, and that the world is not round. They also laugh off Mario's assertion that they live inside a dinosaur.

Why are there dolphins in Yoshi's body? How do they know what a cow is?

This is one of the strangest things I've heard in a while.

GBAToad said:

super paper mario's backstory feels to me like, someone at intelligent systems was butthurt they weren't allowed to do Super Mario: The Mature Epic so they hid their fanfiction in the NPC fluff.

Mario Party Δ said:
Presumably due to the secluded nature of their existence, the Micro-Dolphins believe cows are extinct, and that the world is not round. They also laugh off Mario's assertion that they live inside a dinosaur.

Why are there dolphins in Yoshi's body? How do they know what a cow is?

This is one of the strangest things I've heard in a while.

was that ever featured on Super Mario Facts

it's a keeper.

I haven't seen it in Super Mario Fact. I just stumbled upon it while cleansing "sub-species" from our wiki, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was there and I missed it.

All games involve mostly everyday objects, such as brushing the teeth or plugging a finger into a nose.

has anyone seen this before ???

Bowser, while riding a moving fort, explains that his plan is to use the NES to infect computers with viruses. He proceeds to call out his minions consisting of two green Koopas, two Goombas, one Hammer Bro, one red Paratroopa, and a Spiny. He then sings a rap song about his diabolical nature, riding his moving fort while the Koopa Troop dances around him.

Their animosity started in Bowser's youth, when he would often cause trouble for the Yoshis, ranging from the petty theft of cookies to more sinister plots such as the kidnapping of their Super Happy Tree.

I find this particularly hilarious.

Re: Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences with a massive amount of Bob-ombs

Peach in shock after seeing that Bowser's downed airship contains a massive amount of Bob-ombs.

Wario & Waluigi attempt to get away from Bowser's falling airship loaded with a massive amount of Bob-ombs.

the juxtaposition of these two sentences

Bonus:
This revealed that the airship had an enormous amount of Bob-ombs, and everyone couldn't believe the painful result to come - especially Peach who noticed the "massive Bob-omb explosion threat" firsthand.

If the Mario/Luigi equip the Hero/Legendary Wear Clothing and 3 for Hero or 2 for Legendary turns pass then a similar looking clock will appear over the wearer's head and do 999 Damage to them as the clothing states "KOs you in 2/3 turns."

^What is that sentence.^

The player must alternate between left and right on the Control Pad to brush the teeth.

King Koopa then flies over various parts of the Mushroom Kingdom on his Doom Ship, making everyone "Do the Koopa", even statues and plants.

Unlike other dogs, he has the magic ability to transform into a giant sword which can be used by the ninja sisters.

im just really amused that the author felt the need to specify that this is "unlike other dogs", just in case you were under the impression that this is an ordinary dog ability

Glowsquid said:
As readers of Super Mario Facts can attest, a lot of humour on the wiki can be derived from perfectly accurate and straightfoward description of insane things that happen in the Mario series (and bad writing, but that's not this thread's subject). What are your favourite examples?

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_knockoffs_acknowledged_by_Nintendo#Era.27s_Adventures_3D

The game features a green dinosaur named Era, who looks almost exactly like Yoshi, whom the player must use to shoot flaming mucus at objects such as boxes and crates.

This description of Bowser's master plan in the game book Dinosaur Dilemma. It's the perfect crescendo of insanity.

In Dinosaur Dilemma, Bowser has his minions begin abducting all the dinosaurs in Dinosaur Island, so he can "prove" his theory that the dinosaurs went extinct due to not looking both ways before they crossed the street; once the dinosaurs and all evidence of their existence are gone and his theory is thus "proven" true, Bowser intends to be awarded the Snowbell Prize (feeding the cooked dinosaurs to the committee awarding it) and be named curator of the Mushroom Kingdom Museum of Natural History, conveniently located across the street from Mushroom Palace, which he plans on pelting with garbage.
do you allow sentences from other wikis in NIWA?

Then, colorful fog covers all over London, while Bowser and Dr. Eggman laugh in victory.

At the Tennis Court, Waluigi is looking for a spot to spy on Luigi and learn his weaknesses until Metal Sonic breaks his telescope

Bowser Jr. arrives in England to compete in the games. Unfortunately, he took a wrong turn and ended up in Stonehenge instead of London.

And that's probably not taking into account the pitiful quality of Mario & Sonic branded articles.

It is later learned that Princess Peach "got bored" while Mario was gone and ate his bowling ball from the Bowling for Pasta Tournament

Podley's Place is a bar and inn and one of the few 'pleasant' places in Rogueport.

1st level difficulty: The goal is a ring.
2nd level difficulty: The goal is a window,usually in the top.
3rd level difficulty: The goal is a moving goat head.

Back