Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

Baby Luigi said:
perfect bjaodn material

No seriously, we need to add this.

Also

AWlSV1R.png

So Black Dudes cross over? I'm confused on how this translation can happen, even knowing Google Translate in inaccurate.

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=MarioWiki:BJAODN/Enemies&diff=2004895&oldid=1973573

Cheers! :new:

But I added a blank space. I don't know what it really means, but it could be some random name. All I could get from translate is クロ = black, though I initially thought it had to do with romanized crows.

Andymii said:
Baby Luigi said:
perfect bjaodn material

No seriously, we need to add this.

Also

AWlSV1R.png

So Black Dudes cross over? I'm confused on how this translation can happen, even knowing Google Translate in inaccurate.

"Kuro" means "black" and I have no idea what "suke" by itself means

Baby Luigi said:
Using my Internet-fu, "karasu" also means crow and "suke" is apparently a honorific, though it might be a pun on another word. The name might be a multi-layered pun that doesn't translate well to English. Also of note is that "Kurosuke" is part of the name for those black soot balls from My Neighbour Totoro. Coincidence, or something more?

i'd second the pun with black and crow but probably not the suke part. its difficult really

The Boo Bell may reference the medieval practice of burying the dead with a bell on a string tied to them (the bell being kept above-ground), so that if someone was buried alive, they could ring the bell so the grave keeper could dig them out.
uh

Found this on a glitch page:

Sometimes, when the character kicks a shell and jumps at a Soopa Striker swifty, it will be spinning and sliding, acting like a shell; however, instead of being hidden in its shell, it will be out of it with a dizzy appearance.

"Out of it" in a whacko sorta way (like being dizzy), or "out of" the shell.... how rare.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Pump_Mario

"Since the ability to High Jump cannot be used by Baby Mario and Baby Luigi alone, Baby Luigi can only hit his brother with his hammer."

Baby Mario does deserve a smack on the head every once and then anyway.

In Star Battle Arena, the winning conditions are to get two Stars in the traditional way (just like Grand Canal from Mario Party 7). But once again, there is no Flutter Orb in Mario Party 8 from Mario Party 6 and Mario Party 7. There is no candy that will take you to the star. Though Donkey Kong can take you to the star in this board, that is not a candy.

http://www.mariowiki.com/DK%27s_Treetop_Temple

Implied Candy Kong reference perhaps?

From 4 June 2006 - 2 January 2007, the Koopa Koot article had an image of said character with the caption, "Who knew such a fragile old person could be such a nuisance?".

I remember"Dancing His Way to Defeat" as a subsection title of the Wario article

Time Turner said:
Baby Luigi said:
Using my Internet-fu, "karasu" also means crow and "suke" is apparently a honorific, though it might be a pun on another word. The name might be a multi-layered pun that doesn't translate well to English. Also of note is that "Kurosuke" is part of the name for those black soot balls from My Neighbour Totoro. Coincidence, or something more?
-suke is a common male name suffix meaning "help/assistance" so its probably a pun on that and the words for crow/black
src: my current theme contains one such name

*"Rrowf, rrowf! (She appears to be in high spirits because she has so many shops.)"

Anything related to the Club Nintendo comics:

Mario and Yoshi violating Brooklyn's new speed limit.

Mario, still wearing his cave man suit, falls from the sky, right in front of his house.

Turning on the TV, which shows the game show Wheel of Fortune having turned to Wheel of Misfortune, supports Mario's fear that the mailman in fact was Dr. Wily. He runs out of the house in order to stop Wily's plans. A falling cactus narrowly misses him. It turns out that the cactus was dropped by Miss Steinbrunnen, a neighbor of Mario's who obviously turned into an evil witch.

Back