What gamers do you hate?

Just because someone spends months creating something doesn't mean it won't suck.
Just because you write comments doesn't mean you are right. Months are more than a week of "OMG THIS IS THE WORST THING "CURSE ASS JOKE!", more to say than any stupid *bleep*ty internet reviewer that has ever lived, that movie "The Room" is good compared to those *bleep*s. So yeah, they suck, beat it :posh:

Altair said:
Just because someone spends months creating something doesn't mean it won't suck.
Just because you write comments doesn't mean you are right. Months are more than a week of "OMG THIS IS THE WORST THING "CURSE ASS JOKE!", more to say than any stupid *bleep*ty internet reviewer that has ever lived, that movie "The Room" is good compared to those *bleep*s. So yeah, they suck, beat it :posh:
...what are you trying to say here?

That he doesn't think comedy reviewers should get payed for doing their job.

The game creators don't make the jokes or the editing, that's all for the youtuber to do and it can easily fail if their jokes fall flat.

But they have so many subscribers because their jokes are consistently funny for the subscribers, hence why they subscribe, watch, and continue coming back for more. Comedy is just really uplifting most of the time, a good laugh can give you a slight reprieve from all your problems.

I like it when reviewers actually review the game, instead of cracking jokes
comedy reviews can be funny, but I think they shouldn't be recognized as reviews

Michell said:
comedy reviews can be funny, but I think they shouldn't be recognized as reviews
So for example, you wouldn't consider Gene Shalit a reviewer (or as they're more commonly called, critic).

If you don't know who Shalit is, he's a movie critic whose reviews were peppered and salted with puns.

Michell said:
You can do both.

Joshscorcher reviews MLP episodes, and both cracks jokes and makes commentary on good/bad things in the episode.

true, and true

but its rare to find someone who does both well consistently

IE everything wrong with "___" in "___" is hilarious, but not an accurate movie review
same goes for honest trailers

while both may address plot holes and other such major concerns they aren't really reviews

Michell said:
IE everything wrong with "___" in "___" is hilarious, but not an accurate movie review
same goes for honest trailers

while both may address plot holes and other such major concerns they aren't really reviews

Well things like those aren't really meant to be reviews.

Altair said:
So, implying from your little speech, you're saying that Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever deserve praise because it took years to make?

Altair said:

you're really not the sharpest cutlass on the rack are you?

Altair said:
I don't agree. Its less informative and more "ME ME ME" moments. If i could pick out any game or movie and moan about things that don't please me, gets followers and boom! A big sack of undeserved cash. Lets see here.
- Developers and directors who make games and movies use hours and days and months in creating a game/movie.
- A smuck sticks on the internet and make videos every week and get cash from it to tell people what to like, and they call that comedy. :/
If you think it's so easy getting followers and subscribers, why not experiment it yourself and see all the easy money you can get? Your claims have no substance whatsoever, and I have the creeping suspicion that you're just pulling crap from your ass.

Like, you really think we should be sympathetic with the developers and whoever else is involved with this ghastly piece of shit called "Ride to Hell Retribution"? And reviewers don't always JUST criticize the material they're covering; they praise the good parts of it as well.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
And reviewers don't always JUST criticize the material they're covering; they praise the good parts of it as well.
well, that's what GOOD reviewers do

not all of them do that

Dr. Javelin said:
And reviewers don't always JUST criticize the material they're covering; they praise the good parts of it as well.

not all of them do that

DouchebagChocolat (yes. yes that is his name) reviews anime, he's honestly a pretty good example of a reviewer that is actually reviewing the content (praising it if it's good but not being afraid to point out problems and cracks jokes but still makes the review of the show his focus) while being humorous at the same time.

Dr. Javelin said:

not all of them do that
That's what reviewers are supposed to do anyway. They're aren't called "angry look-into-gift-horse-mouth ranters".

Crackin355 said:
Dr. Javelin said:

not all of them do that

DouchebagChocolat (yes. yes that is his name) reviews anime, he's honestly a pretty good example of a reviewer that is actually reviewing the content (praising it if it's good but not being afraid to point out problems and cracks jokes but still makes the review of the show his focus) while being humorous at the same time.
Yeah, he sounds like a good example of a good reviewer.

Zae Eildus said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

It's because of what they did to Spyro, right?

that and the fact that you have to pay to use different characters.

game just looks like trash in general though

have any of you actually played it though

the game is surprisingly well written with awesome (if childish) voice acting

the multiplayer is extremely addictive, co-op is awesome, and the fact that you save your data to the toy is pretty cool

Floki said:
Zae Eildus said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

It's because of what they did to Spyro, right?

that and the fact that you have to pay to use different characters.

game just looks like trash in general though

have any of you actually played it though

the game is surprisingly well written with awesome (if childish) voice acting

the multiplayer is extremely addictive, co-op is awesome, and the fact that you save your data to the toy is pretty cool

Earlier post by the person who thinks has liver disease said:
Skylanders isn't even a great game. Yes, I've played it. Yes, I've seen gameplay footage of it. No, I haven't bought the game. Yes, I bought a few figures, admittedly.

Skylanders has horrible, inconsistent framerate. The framerate drop is noticeable in the Wii version of the game. The music is forgettable. The nonfigure characters are O.K., I guess, but I find the guy who voiced the main villain being the same guy who voiced Billy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to be funny.

The game play is straightforward, but gets repetitive and bland very quickly; buying characters is a very short-term enjoyment that decreases exponentially after each new character you use. The level-up system is simplistic, but even then, the game is horrendously easy. It's very hard for me to watch my friend play the game because it's so dull. I guess it's for kids, but kids can love Mario, Rayman, Kirby, Link, and the old Spyro games. Let them enjoy quality games rather than merchandising ploys disguised as games.

The reviews for Skylanders are just... lying.

This game has such a huge merchandising base comparable to Angry Birds. It's ridiculous for a mediocre game.
It's a novel thing at first, but game after game, it loses its charm rather quickly.

Zae Eildus said:
chillv said:
Zae Eildus said:
....so you simply cower down before someone elses opinion?

thats a very tragic life, friend.

Maybe I have a type of allodoxophobia (fear of opinions) and doxophobia (fear of expressing opinions)

but I also have a fear of disagreements and being called names and stuff (people may call you names because of the way you feel about things or your own understanding of things)... which there apparently is not phobia for. So basically, put all of these together and...

I am afraid to express opinions because I am afraid to hear other peoples opinions because I am sensitive to disagreements, arguments and debate most because of the way I act on them and what it usually leads to. So, I try to avoid voicing opinions at all costs. It does bother me to not be able to voice my honest opinions all the time every day, but I'd rather that than to recieve a counter-argument (which my body responds to in an unpleasant way) or being called names.

Also, on an additional note, my body makes the same response simply to hearing things I don't like and criticism, which I try to avoid too.

....i think you seriously need some sort of counsoling or something.

stuff like that will drive you crazy and you probably wont be able to even stand up for yourself because you're so afraid of whatever other feel.

You should be able to stand up to what you believe, if people dont like it, then thats their loss. It shouldn't affect you, because thats your view, your opinion, which what makes you human.

It's literally like you have given up on any human part of you just because of other peoples taste.

which is a very bad mentality.

Seriously this sucks, prayers to you buddy.

I know I already replied to this, but I want to add something too.

I don't think it is a good idea for me to do something if I know it will most likely lead to things that will hurt my feelings or make me feel uncomfortable.

I do understand what you mean though. However, I am not very comfortable with talking with someone about it in real life because I don't think it will lead to anything.

But I already know what I need to do to solve my problem. I need to learn how to be able to take criticism, debate, disagreements, arguments and counter-arguments and hearing things I don't like. In addition, I need to learn to not be afraid of expressing opinions.

The problem is the fact that this all arised from the internet. More specifically, here, BellTreeForums, Gamefaqs, YouTube and some other forum along with a few instances in real life.

You may wonder how has a handful of experiences on the internet affected me so much exactly. Well, if you don't know, the internet is pretty much my only avenue for socializing. I do know people I can speak to, but I am not able to just contact them often. Also, I never really had that much experience with any of the stuff I mentioned (disagreements, debate etc.) so being exposed to it now is kind of a new to me.

And considering that so many people disagree with me and just bad experiences consisting with several people on the internet period, I have flat-out said this last night...

"Apparently,
My opinions don't matter
Everyone is against me
Everything I know is wrong
and I have many abhorrent things about myself"

And you may wonder why do I feel this way about myself. Well, one time somebody said this

I'm pretty sure if this many people are saying this about you, it's probably true. You're just going to have to accept that.

So, whenever I want to acquaint myself with someone or even talk to them, I always worry about this along with some stuff I worry about them personality wise or future wise.

"What if I later discover something about them I don't like? What if our relationship worsens in the future? What if I later find that we don't have similar tastes? What if they later dislike me a part about me because of something I said or did?"

However, I am working on trying to get rid of all of these worries or fears.

As Zae said, maybe you should go counseling or see a psychologist.

I understand you, Chillv. I have trouble expressing my opinions in real life as well.

However, I can just shrug it off on the Internet. I guess it's because I don't really know the person; but in real life, the bully is right in front of me, laughing in my face, pointing and jerking at me for trivial questions like my atheism, my taste in music and gaming, and my pro-gay rights.

No matter what though, I guess I still need to learn to shrug it off. I guess you need to know how too.

I like skylanders the game, its pretty fun and the characters do actually play differently
that being said, I hate skylanders the branding, its a nasty advertising scheme to suck money out of kids who think they'll be getting a toy and a game character
if you got an actual toy than I'd say fine, but you don't, you get a little figure fused to a base that is only useful for the game

something like legend of nara (currently dead) you at least got a sweet toy (robot bugs)
and they were only different aesthetically in game, akin to buying skin packs on a steam game, no gameplay change

I hate gamers who say that your opinion is wrong and theirs is the only right one. Unfortunately those people are everywhere.

Yoshidude99 said:
I hate gamers who say that your opinion is wrong and theirs is the only right one. Unfortunately those people are everywhere.

It's especially apparent in people who don't understand the concept of tastes in gaming and may like a game you don't like or vice versa.

Yoshidude99 said:

lol id go this route but im so used to people saying my opinion is wrong i simply dont care anymore.

Back