What gamers do you hate?

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
OK, let the naggy negativity begin!

I'll tell you right now. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE genwunners. Not just in Pokemon, but for gaming in general. The most common example is "Super Mario Galaxy is better than Super Mario 64 in almost every way. But Galaxy is nothing compared to 64, because I played it as a kid and it gives me good memories."

Sheesh, this is why I like Fawful's Minion.

Oh, and anti-Sonic fanboys. You know, ones who attack every single Sonic game for some retarded reason? Hate those, too.

I've heard that the Pokemon fanbase can be really bad, especially bickering of the competitive base and the less competitive players.

people that only stick to older games or just one company.

oh and people that say every rpg is the same

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I've heard that the Pokemon fanbase can be really bad, especially bickering of the competitive base and the less competitive players.
I've seen this also in the Smash fanbase.

Yeah, some people play competitive, so stop bitching about it. Honestly, I hate all the posts that say "competitive players take all the fun out". Kindly shut up. In case you didn't know, your standards for "fun" are not the same as everyone else's. Yeah, some competitive plays can be dicks towards casuals, but some people are like that.

The so-called "Hardcore" Smash Bros. players that act like Smash Bros. is only for players like them and denounce other types of fans of the series that play them for an entirely different reasons then them. Including being as blind as thinking something like playable Miis would make the series jump the shark if they were included.

GalacticPetey said:

Yeah, some people play competitive, so stop bitching about it. Honestly, I hate all the posts that say "competitive players take all the fun out". Kindly shut up. In case you didn't know, your standards for "fun" are not the same as everyone else's. Yeah, some competitive plays can be dicks towards casuals, but some people are like that.

i can all but laugh at how people say this.

It's a fighting game peopel, of course its gonna be competitive, get the idea already.

It's even more hilarious for traditional fighters because people moan and whine about how special/supers/etc. moves are to perform if they dont master it within a matter of seconds.

ssb got it kindly though as its one of the most simplistic fighting game series around, and people will actually try to get into it.

unlike other fighting games where people wont even give it a chance at all because they're too lazy to learn how to fight.

The so-called "Hardcore" Smash Bros. players that act like Smash Bros. is only for players like them and denounce other types of fans of the series that play them for an entirely different reasons then them. Including being as blind as thinking something like playable Miis would make the series jump the shark if they were included.

dude its always been like that, i mean i remember people saying if sonic was in brawl they'd murder sakurai for making it a bad game, JUST because sonic was added.

i guess they couldn't go through with it. :lol:

Rocket '3Koon said:
Zae Roles said:
people that only stick to older games
To be fair, I do that mainly because of financial reasons.

well i dont mean like that, i mean the people that are all NEW GAMES SUCK OLD GAMES FOR THE WIN kinda attitudes.

GalacticPetey said:

Yeah, some people play competitive, so stop *bleep*ing about it. Honestly, I hate all the posts that say "competitive players take all the fun out". Kindly shut up. In case you didn't know, your standards for "fun" are not the same as everyone else's. Yeah, some competitive plays can be dicks towards casuals, but some people are like that.
Casuals can be asshats to competitive players as well. I don't know if you're directing it at me or you're just using a rhetorical device towards imaginative anti-competitive jerks... or something like that.

Creating those "casual" and "competitive" labels as if they're homogenous groups is also misleading.

GalacticPetey said:

Yeah, some people play competitive, so stop *bleep*ing about it. Honestly, I hate all the posts that say "competitive players take all the fun out". Kindly shut up. In case you didn't know, your standards for "fun" are not the same as everyone else's. Yeah, some competitive plays can be dicks towards casuals, but some people are like that.
Casuals can be asshats to competitive players as well. I don't know if you're directing it at me or you're just using a rhetorical device towards imaginative anti-competitive jerks... or something like that.

Creating those "casual" and "competitive" labels as if they're homogenous groups is also misleading.

these days though casual is seen as an insult, from various images pointing out casuals are pussies, or some games labeling the easiest difficulty mode being casuel.

and i dont really need to go on about competitive, again.

really i kinda wish gamers would chill the hell out already, seems like most gamers are freaking out over something.

GalacticPetey said:
It was not directed at you. It was directed at anyone who uses the BS arguments I mentioned in my post.
Okay, I just need clarification.

Zae Roles said:
these days though casual is seen as an insult, from various images pointing out casuals are pussies, or some games labeling the easiest difficulty mode being casuel.

and i dont really need to go on about competitive, again.

really i kinda wish gamers would chill the hell out already, seems like most gamers are freaking out over something.

It's not like "casuals" and "competitive" people are forcing you to play the game a certain way, so I agree that the extreme sides of both camps need to fill a chill pill.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

It's because of what they did to Spyro, right?

that and the fact that you have to pay to use different characters.

game just looks like trash in general though

Zae Roles said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

Zae has it on the nose like always. Like, Activison basically killed Spyro. In fact there is this picture out there, but I am not going to post it because it is way to gory.

Any type of purists. Especially Nintendo purists, and those that claim "this game is the only good game and the rest are bad" (especially Pokemon Gen I, Classic Sonic, Mega Man 2, CoD:BO)

小龙怪 said:
Zae Roles said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:

Zae has it on the nose like always. Like, Activison basically killed Spyro. In fact there is this picture out there, but I am not going to post it because it is way to gory.

like always? i feel like we have some sort of connection or something

maybe we're separated brothers.

Back