What gamers do you hate?

Baby Luigi said:
I hate gamers who blindly hate games because said games have a bad fanbase (especially looking at FPS-haters in general)

Yes, I get it you hate Call of Duty and yes, I get it Call of Duty is milked to death. Stop using it as a strawman to defend Nintendo games such as New Super Mario Bros. The Call of Duty hate is overblown and stupid. Yes they have highly obnoxious fans, but don't hate the game or its fanbase as a whole because of its irritating members of it.

I don't play FPS and Call of Duty myself, and I used to hate it because of annoying fans, but the more I avoided them/reflected about it, the more I think it's stupid to hate the game or say everything bad about it. This includes all games ever.

Granted I used to hate something like MLP because of its fanbase but I've changed my views on this since then.

EDIT: I also DESPISE gamers who want you to "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

This on so many levels. I much, much prefer other FPSs to Call of Duty, but they are very well made games in their own right. The hate is pretty unjustified; its like saying that the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is bad because the fandom is so... rambunctious. Its not a bad series.

The Sonic Fanboys.

Ranging from "OMGOMG SA2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE ALL HAIL SEGA"

to "I belive Sonic is a girl because I have read too many fanfics."

and even this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/thehedgehog/

Baby Luigi said:
I hate gamers who blindly hate games because said games have a bad fanbase (especially looking at FPS-haters in general)

Yes, I get it you hate Call of Duty and yes, I get it Call of Duty is milked to death. Stop using it as a strawman to defend Nintendo games such as New Super Mario Bros. The Call of Duty hate is overblown and stupid. Yes they have highly obnoxious fans, but don't hate the game or its fanbase as a whole because of its irritating members of it.

I don't play FPS and Call of Duty myself, and I used to hate it because of annoying fans, but the more I avoided them/reflected about it, the more I think it's stupid to hate the game or say everything bad about it. This includes all games ever.

Granted I used to hate something like MLP because of its fanbase but I've changed my views on this since then.

I honestly feel people hate COD players because they get made fun of at school for playing Nintendo. Oh cry me a river. I've heard that story a million times.

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:

I honestly feel people hate COD players because they get made fun of at school for playing Nintendo. Oh cry me a river. I've heard that story a million times.
That was pretty much how I was two years back and even if you tell someone to get over it, when you're an immature teen that is being made fun of for liking something different, thinking rationally isn't the priority, being hateful of the other person and trying to make them feel the same way I did was what I wanted most. So I can relate to people who say things like that; it isn't logical, it's just finding an outlet for your anger, directing it that way and trying to stitch back together what's left of your pride. When people tease you because you like something, it's easy enough to think you can handle it fine but it does claw at you. If you're not as mentally strong as some, after a while you'll snap and it starts bothering you a lot.

Though I don't hate COD, I played Black Ops and enjoyed it a lot. I guess I just made that paragraph because the 'cry me a river' pissed me off. Now I'm in a terrible mood. Fuck.

Freakworld said:
The Sonic Fanboys.

Ranging from "OMGOMG SA2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE ALL HAIL SEGA"

to "I belive Sonic is a girl because I have read too many fanfics."

and even this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/thehedgehog/
They aren't as bad as Sonic HATERS. Here's my conversation with a Lost World hater:
Hater: SONIC LOST WORLD WAS A PIECE OF $&@%!
Me: I thought it was decent. Why do you hate it?
Hater: ARE YOU KIDDING? SONIC WASN'T FAST ENOUGH! YOU HAD TO PRESS R TO GO FAST!
Me: He's still faster than Mario and Kirby.
Hater: SO WHAT? SONIC MUST REACH THE GOAL WITHIN 30 SECONDS! THE SNOWMAN LEVEL SUCKED!
Me: That one was a dud.
Hater: THEY WERE ALL CRAP! TO HELL WITH LOST WORLD!
Me: Name 3 more.
Hater: THERE WERE... ... ... YOU T**T! YOU'VE OUTREASONED ME IN EVERY POSSIBLE SUBJECT! GO BURN!
Me: Better get out of here before he spontaneously combusts.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm sorry. I previously mistook you for one of those blind FPS-haters.

My apologies.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
I'm sorry. I previously mistook you for one of those blind FPS-haters.

My apologies.

I've never ever stated I hated the FPS genre and even if I did, it was a long time ago.

Shadow said:
Hater: ARE YOU KIDDING? SONIC WASN'T FAST ENOUGH! YOU HAD TO PRESS R TO GO FAST!
That's the Sonic fandom for you. Lots of them are never satisfied with anything. People complained until they were blue in the face about the boost in Unleashed and Generations, then when they finally got rid of it, they whine about Sonic not being fast enough.

Just look at the comments of ign's review of Sonic Lost World, it just shows that the Sonic Fanbase can't put up with critics giving them bad reviews. If ign thought the game wasn't very good, let them think that. I did think the review was a tad flawed but they can't just round saying ign is bad because because one Sonic game a 5.5/10 when most of their other reviews are fair.

Aren't a lot of comments section in general like that?

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Aren't a lot of comments section in general like that?

it's actually worse at ign, i remember batman arkham city got like a 9.5/10 and like almost every commenter sended death threats to the reviewer.

So, how reliable is using comments section from IGN to support fandom claims?

NSY said:
Just look at the comments of ign's review of Sonic Lost World, it just shows that the Sonic Fanbase can't put up with critics giving them bad reviews. If ign thought the game wasn't very good, let them think that. I did think the review was a tad flawed but they can't just round saying ign is bad because because one Sonic game a 5.5/10 when most of their other reviews are fair.

This isn't exclusive to the Sonic fanbase: it's rampant in all fanbases in general. Remember that having an opinion on the Internet is illegal in many places.

So, how reliable is using comments section from IGN to support fandom claims?

not reliable at all.

then again i never really view reviews and the horrible comments that roll with it, if there is one thing ive learned about the world its that reviews are bullshit.

Reviews from "mainstream" sites tend to be poor anyway. I prefer reviews from individuals (like Angry Joe) or smaller sites that can give more detailed reviews.

NitoriAria said:
Any type of purists. Especially Nintendo purists, and those that claim "this game is the only good game and the rest are bad" (especially Pokemon Gen I, Classic Sonic, Mega Man 2, CoD:BO)
well, nowadays gen 2 is more overrated, but i see the point you're trying to make.

people who act like ocarina of time is the best game in the legend of zelda franchise, and then say skyward sword sucks. COUGH JONTRON COUGH

Sumia said:
people who act like ocarina of time is the best game in the legend of zelda franchise, and then say skyward sword sucks. COUGH JONTRON COUGH
Because heaven forbid someone have an opinion different from yours.

Dankey Kang said:
Sumia said:

YES!

Baby Luigi said:

I don't like the Smash Bros. fanbase period, and although they haven't caused me to hate the series, they have caused me to start losing interest in it. Heck, I am not even that excited for Smash Bros. Wii U anymore. I never knew that something so simple can affect so much on you personally. I could go into this more indepth, but I don't feel like starting a fight.

You should do what I do: avoid contact with them

Dankey Kang said:
Sumia said:
Saying you didn't like Skyward Sword is much different than saying it sucks.

Dankey Kang said:
Sumia said:
Saying you didn't like Skyward Sword is much different than saying it sucks.
What's your point, Large Giant Monster?

I'm responding to your sarcasm, which in turn, is responding to an opinion.

Back