What gamers do you hate?

yes, but what point are you trying to make?

Saying you don't like SS and saying it sucks are different, but they're also both opinions.

And people are entitled to those.

I think saying "it sucks" is more likely to elicit stronger defensive responses, so you just have to make the distinction and tread more carefully.

Basically any console fanboy. And people who aren't open to change at all.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I think saying "it sucks" is more likely to elicit stronger defensive responses, so you just have to make the distinction and tread more carefully.
I'll give you that.

Purple Yoshi said:
Basically any console fanboy. And people who aren't open to change at all.

Console wars are always intellectual very stupid arguments

Dankey Kang said:
Sumia said:
people who act like ocarina of time is the best game in the legend of zelda franchise, and then say skyward sword sucks. COUGH JONTRON COUGH
Because heaven forbid someone have an opinion different from yours.
well, saying it sucks is kind of making it sound like the game is really flawed. i mean, skyward sword does have its flaws, but ocarina of time does too. yes, motion controls weren't really necessary, but it did turn into quite an interesting gimmick. what i'm trying to say is that saying something sucks can be really harsh, and is, like, really different than saying something doesn't live up to the standards you have for it.

Altair said:
James Rolfe's cult :/
AVGN
TGWTG
Angry Joe
etc etc...
Are you kidding? TGWTG is hilarious and Angry Joe can be really informative and well spoken in his reviews.

AVGN is hit or miss, but when he hits, oh man he he hits.

Hypochondriac Mario said:

honestly people just need to learn that saying it sucks is basically saying it sucks to them.

people in general need to learn not every body needs to wave an imo flag around.

generally speaking "IMO" goes without saying and is only ever stated out of courtesy

Purple Yoshi said:
Basically any console fanboy.

You will hate me then, I am the biggest Nintendo fanboy alive. I just don't show it on the internet because I am sensitive and can't take all of the heat that comes along with flaunting it.

Baby Luigi said:
You should do what I do: avoid contact with them

but simply seeing them bothers me. Why do you think I try stay away from the Smash Bros. part of this forum, or the Smash community on MiiVerse?

Michell said:
generally speaking "IMO" goes without saying and is only ever stated out of courtesy

yeah but people often go up to other people and say stop saying your opinion is a fact, despite the fact that they didnt show any proof that their opinion is a fact to begin with.

It's really absurd.

chillv said:
Baby Luigi said:

but simply seeing them bothers me. Why do you think I try stay away from the Smash Bros. part of this forum, or the Smash community on MiiVerse?

Then you're simply letting yourself get bothered by it. Just walk away. It works.

chillv said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Basically any console fanboy.

You will hate me then, I am the biggest Nintendo fanboy alive. I just don't show it on the internet because I am sensitive and can't take all of the heat that comes along with flaunting it.

Baby Luigi said:

....so you simply cower down before someone elses opinion?

thats a very tragic life, friend.

Zae Eildus said:

Maybe I have a type of allodoxophobia (fear of opinions) and doxophobia (fear of expressing opinions)

but I also have a fear of disagreements and being called names and stuff (people may call you names because of the way you feel about things or your own understanding of things)... which there apparently is not phobia for. So basically, put all of these together and...

I am afraid to express opinions because I am afraid to hear other peoples opinions because I am sensitive to disagreements, arguments and debate most because of the way I act on them and what it usually leads to. So, I try to avoid voicing opinions at all costs. It does bother me to not be able to voice my honest opinions all the time every day, but I'd rather that than to recieve a counter-argument (which my body responds to in an unpleasant way) or being called names.

Also, on an additional note, my body makes the same response simply to hearing things I don't like and criticism, which I try to avoid too.

Sumia said:
Dankey Kang said:
Sumia said:
people who act like ocarina of time is the best game in the legend of zelda franchise, and then say skyward sword sucks. COUGH JONTRON COUGH
Because heaven forbid someone have an opinion different from yours.
well, saying it sucks is kind of making it sound like the game is really flawed. i mean, skyward sword does have its flaws, but ocarina of time does too. yes, motion controls weren't really necessary, but it did turn into quite an interesting gimmick.
I don't know how people could not like controlling Link's hand/sword directly.

chillv said:
Zae Eildus said:

Maybe I have a type of allodoxophobia (fear of opinions) and doxophobia (fear of expressing opinions)

but I also have a fear of disagreements and being called names and stuff (people may call you names because of the way you feel about things or your own understanding of things)... which there apparently is not phobia for. So basically, put all of these together and...

I am afraid to express opinions because I am afraid to hear other peoples opinions because I am sensitive to disagreements, arguments and debate most because of the way I act on them and what it usually leads to. So, I try to avoid voicing opinions at all costs. It does bother me to not be able to voice my honest opinions all the time every day, but I'd rather that than to recieve a counter-argument (which my body responds to in an unpleasant way) or being called names.

Also, on an additional note, my body makes the same response simply to hearing things I don't like and criticism, which I try to avoid too.

....i think you seriously need some sort of counsoling or something.

stuff like that will drive you crazy and you probably wont be able to even stand up for yourself because you're so afraid of whatever other feel.

You should be able to stand up to what you believe, if people dont like it, then thats their loss. It shouldn't affect you, because thats your view, your opinion, which what makes you human.

It's literally like you have given up on any human part of you just because of other peoples taste.

which is a very bad mentality.

Seriously this sucks, prayers to you buddy.

truth be told? laziness. everyone would rather press a button and a directional joystick in whatever direction.

I mean i understand that gaming has literally been used to buttons, d-pads, and joy sticks but disliking a game over that is pretty stupid.

小龙怪 said:

Yeah, especially considering it worked in Wii Sports Resort with the Swordfighting. Heck, nobody said anything about the same type of control in the NintendoLand attraction.

Zae Eildus said:
....i think you seriously need some sort of counsoling or something.

stuff like that will drive you crazy and you probably wont be able to even stand up for yourself because you're so afraid of whatever other feel.

You should be able to stand up to what you believe, if people dont like it, then thats their loss. It shouldn't affect you, because thats your view, your opinion, which what makes you human.

It's literally like you have given up on any human part of you just because of other peoples taste.

which is a very bad mentality.

Seriously this sucks, prayers to you buddy.

Well, I will express my opinions if it is something that everyone or many people are likely to agree with, or if I am agreeing with someone else. An example is what I just said to DragonFreak here

Zae Eildus said:

truth be told? laziness. everyone would rather press a button and a directional joystick in whatever direction.

I mean i understand that gaming has literally been used to buttons, d-pads, and joy sticks but disliking a game over that is pretty stupid.
That is pretty lazy considering you have to move your hands like less than a foot in each direction.

Are you kidding? TGWTG is hilarious and Angry Joe can be really informative and well spoken in his reviews.
I don't agree. Its less informative and more "ME ME ME" moments. If i could pick out any game or movie and moan about things that don't please me, gets followers and boom! A big sack of undeserved cash. Lets see here.
- Developers and directors who make games and movies use hours and days and months in creating a game/movie.
- A smuck sticks on the internet and make videos every week and get cash from it to tell people what to like, and they call that comedy. :/
Here's a fine mock mock.
AVGN is hit or miss, but when he hits, oh man he he hits.
Let me think back.
That "Bugs Bunny" game on GameBoy Color i did happen to try it on a friend's GameBoy, and it was pretty good. I could do the same thing with "Crash Bandicoot" moan why you die in the first one with imprecise jump, but that is not of course the player's fault or is it :). "Well it was just for fun, sure you might disagree with it. But hey when its made for comedy purposes then you are cool with it, right guys?. Why are people gathered with pitchforks and torches outside my house?, hmm :/"
Here's a fine documentary. Furious Famicom *bleep*:)

Altair said:
I don't agree. Its less informative and more "ME ME ME" moments. If i could pick out any game or movie and moan about things that don't please me, gets followers and boom! A big sack of undeserved cash. Lets see here.
- Developers and directors who make games and movies use hours and days and months in creating a game/movie.
- A smuck sticks on the internet and make videos every week and get cash from it to tell people what to like, and they call that comedy. :/
Just because someone spends months creating something doesn't mean it won't suck.

Back