General Discussion

ewww remove it

"A list of characters that protect the Mushroom Kingdom."

It looks very inofficial and also misleading. My first thought upon seeing this list would be that the people on there are in an organized group that actively defends the Mushroom Kingdom, when actually most people on there just got mixed up in Mario's at that time relevant zany adventure and ended up saving the world alongside him.

The purpose of a wiki is to inform (or sometimes entertain), not to mislead. So the page really shouldn't exist.

D-bot, go ahead. Just don't give advice or anything; be blunt about its location.

There is an issue in Mario is Missing talk page, which is concerning version differences between each "port". I think it's an issue that's worth a look.

There is also some concern involving the usage of "Mario World" in this talk page as well. I hope it can be addressed.

I made a thread about it and the concensus was "yeah".

Now to find someone actually willing to extensively document all versions of Mario is Missing...

I think we need a notice template regarding the preview button.

Kat & Ana's stage in the first WarioWare has a lyrical theme song (that's not about Kat & Ana). Where should the information about it go? Does it warrant a separate page?

I think it warrants its own page. The song is long enough and I think it's as important as say the DK Rap.

Ditto. Gr8 find btw

Alright, it's been made.

Anyone knows if the song plays in Mega Party Games, btw? My computer is all kind of fucked up at the moment so I can't check for myself.

Baby Luigi said:
I think it warrants its own page. The song is long enough and I think it's as important as say the DK Rap.

No comments?

I was here to bring up another issue though: We need to archive this

Baby Luigi said:
Not really. It's just better to give an informal message rather than adding yet another annoying notice template.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Not really. It's just better to give an informal message rather than adding yet another annoying notice template.

Well we do have an aboutfile warning for a very similar purpose.....

Aboutfile usage requires a bit more explanation than "use the preview button instead of immediately saving", so it makes sense to have something prepared ahead of time for that. For this, not so much.

Baby Luigi said:
I was here to bring up another issue though: We need to archive this
Maybe we should wait until the game's released and then start fresh...

I would like to know some opinions on using animated PNGs instead of GIFs, due to the increase in the amount of available colors. However, there is limited support.
Bulbapedia uses animated PNGs just fine, so I'm wondering if we can use them as well.
If an image has proper coloration as a GIF, I don't see why it would need to be converted.

Super Smash Misty said:
I would like to know some opinions on using animated PNGs instead of GIFs, due to the increase in the amount of available colors. However, there is limited support.
Bulbapedia uses animated PNGs just fine, so I'm wondering if we can use them as well.
If an image has proper coloration as a GIF, I don't see why it would need to be converted.
we settled this last year fyi

We've opted to use GIF format because APNG's are too finicky and were seldom used on the wiki even when we had them.

Back