General Discussion

I know. I don't know how Mario even links to there... it's probably a navigation template of some sort.

Sigh... I have to go remove those BS claims like "Mushroom World orbits the sun, which in turn is a part of the Grand Finale Galaxy, located in constellation Icy Dippy Koopster Goomba-bob."

I'm changing "Mushroom World" to "Mushroom Kingdom" to avoid ambiguity.

One of the Spanish names calls it to "Mushroom Planet", btw. I still think there's no harm in saying that referring to the planet as a whole is a perfectly valid meaning of the ambiguous "Mushroom World" term, and then just not bothering nuking all those links. The page is better without all the silly lists and crap, but why must we go to the other extreme and refuse to use "world" to talk about the "world". It's a logical use of the term, and the odd partial-conjectural name isn't the end of the world (no pun intended).

Gusty

The wiki classes them as undead, yet I have't found any evidence that they are, the talkpage for it has also had this discussion and it seemed barely any action was taken over this. Are they ghosts or are they just wind stuff, which I find more likely. I also think Cloud Drop may be in the same boat as well.

Jim McGinn said:
Gusty

The wiki classes them as undead, yet I have't found any evidence that they are, the talkpage for it has also had this discussion and it seemed barely any action was taken over this. Are they ghosts or are they just wind stuff, which I find more likely. I also think Cloud Drop may be in the same boat as well.

Besides just wind, they could be wind spirits (a mix of both) instead, which is what the person who added that category may have thought at the time.

I'd be inclined to call them wind spirits.

I'm calling dibs on making the Wii Punch-Out page, btw (unless someone else is already doing something).

I know anything that can be apparented to "walkthrough-style writting" is frowned upon, but man, this is way less tedious to read than "Mario must [something]... The heroes have to XYZ... etc.". Maybe an halfway point can be reached?

If the imperative form usage is decreased, it'd be a lot less walkthroughy and could definitely work. I.e. something like this:

*To find the first Bonus Level, the Kongs must travel about halfway through the level, find Expresso, and then backtrack to the area in the beginning of the level where two Klaptraps were once found. Jumping off the cliff to the left and fluttering with Expresso will take the Kongs to a hidden platform with a small cave, inside of which is the Bonus Level. The level consists of a circle of spinning letters that must be hit in the right order to spell out "[[Winky]]", which, if done correctly, will reward the Kongs with a Winky [[Animal Token]].

I think the amount of details can really be cut. Also, it's hard comprehending this if you've never played the game, so visualizing this is hard.

It's literally a WarioWare minigame sold separately. Pretend it's a spinoff or something.

It's a stand-alone game starring Pyoro, who's a character that appears in all WW games except Snapped and DIY. Why shouldn't it have a page?

Glowsquid said:
It's a stand-alone game starring Pyoro, who's a character that appears in all WW games except Snapped and DIY. Why shouldn't it have a page?
Per GS on this matter entirely
tho technically he appears in DIY with that downloadable microgame

Dashbot said:
I don't have enough knowledge, so which company owns the Pyoro? Did it first appear in WW?
Yes, Pyoro's debut was in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames, featuring in his own unlockable Minigames (Pyoro and Pyoro 2). According to the [limited] story, Pyoro's basically what inspired Wario to start WarioWare, Inc. in the first place.

These minigames were revamped and sold as a DSiWare compilation later on, which certainly warrants a page given our coverage policy (like GS said, it's literally just an enhanced port of those games)

in short: He's owned by Nintendo.

Argh, post conflict (but I'm gonna post anyway).

Glowsquid said:
Seconded. Nice, straight edges and corners look perfectly nice: no point going to the trouble of changing 'em. Plus, rounded corners would make the stacks of nav templates look terrible.

May we have all the policies with proper case (e.g. MarioWiki:Warning policy instead of MarioWiki:Warning Policy) to match with the articles?
Also the roundy complaint was probably due to me spending too much time on Bulbapedia.

Most policy page names are treated as proper titles and get to stay uppercased, rather than being considered as lowercased phrases like list page names and other such mainspace article things.

Walkazo said:
Argh, post conflict (but I'm gonna post anyway).

Glowsquid said:
Seconded. Nice, straight edges and corners look perfectly nice: no point going to the trouble of changing 'em. Plus, rounded corners would make the stacks of nav templates look terrible.
We also have to rework the appearance of the wiki from the ground up, not just templates, so the roundy can be consistent with the wiki as a whole. MarioWiki is a rather plain-looking wiki, but it should stay like that.

any thoughts on http://www.mariowiki.com/Category_talk:Protectors_of_the_Mushroom_Kingdom?

Back