General Discussion

The way the page is now is clearly bogus and I agree it shouldn't exist in this form any longer.

I'm not sure what to do with the page though. The "Mushroom World" name is used in SMB3 to refer to TMK + the locations introduced in the game and it's mentioned again in Yoshi's Safari, so it's not a throwaway comment like the "Mushroom Universe" thing and thus may be worth having. On the other hand, LinkTheLefty's research on the talk shows the Japanese script of Paper Mario uses "Mushroom World" and "Mushroom Kingdom" interchangeably. So just what is it, exactly?

i'll support a huge overhaul of the article

People have also noticed why Conker's place isn't listed. >_____________>

This page sucks like really hard.

The only reason I didn't make a talk page proposal is that there isn't much of a discussion.

Mushroom World in its current state is garbage.

Several small galaxies are in orbit around Mushroom World, including the Gateway Galaxy, the Good Egg Galaxy and Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor. Galaxies relatively close to Mushroom World on the map of the universe include the Sky Station Galaxy, Honeyhive Galaxy, the Loopdeeloop Galaxy and the Yoshi Star Galaxy.

Also, the assertion that "Grand Finale Galaxy" is the actual name of the galaxy Mario and his cronies inhabit is billshot.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Several small galaxies are in orbit around Mushroom World, including the Gateway Galaxy, the Good Egg Galaxy and Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor. Galaxies relatively close to Mushroom World on the map of the universe include the Sky Station Galaxy, Honeyhive Galaxy, the Loopdeeloop Galaxy and the Yoshi Star Galaxy.

This made me snicker

How the flax can a Mushroom World have so much gravity to have galaxies (a.k.a. scattered planetoids) orbiting it?

</bogus>

I find it funny that the article tries to tie in the reality of the universe into a video game.

Worse, just look at the diction of this page.

Mushroom World and Earth are almost always believed to be separate planets, though confusion does exist in the form of remarkably similar ecosystems and terrains, several species of animals and obvious human populations on Mushroom World.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Worse, just look at the diction of this page.

Mushroom World and Earth are almost always believed to be separate planets, though confusion does exist in the form of remarkably similar ecosystems and terrains, several species of animals and obvious human populations on Mushroom World.

Is this Wikipedia or Mario!?

When I made my proposal for deleting fan votes on FA nominations, I said that, regardless of whether it's a support vote or an oppose vote, fan votes will be immediately and fully deleted. In practice, though, support votes are not to be deleted for regular FA nominatoins, even if they demonstrate a biased opinion without a valid reason for supporting the nomination, since support votes shouldn't have reasons in the first place and so we just delete the reason and leave the vote. Is deleting the vote completely a practice that should be implemented?

No, since Featured Articles are more based on the oppose votes rather than the support votes. Just one valid oppose vote and boom, featured article nomination can't be featured unless changes are seen.

I bought this up on the wiki, but there's been barely any discussion and a TPP is probably unnecessary.

Can Category:Mr. Blizzards be deleted considering it only contains two pages?

Should we have an article on Punch-Out? In the original game, it's basically agreed on that the referee's Mario, and the more recent game featured Donkey Kong as an opponent. It doesn't exactly feature them as playable characters, like SSX On Tour, but maybe what I mentioned before is enough? It's an errant thought that came to mind, and I'm not really sure what the answer would be.

Heck, I'm for it. It's certainly not a cameo, but it's not an all-out crossover either, so the middle ground would be a guest appearance. As such, we should treat it like a guest appearance.

Walkazo said:
I think calling it a Guest Appearance is more accurate than a mere "cameo", and giving the game a page to reflect that would be fine.
Walkazo said:
It's not like we'd need a giant page.

"This is Punch-Out!, it's on the Wii, it was released in year X, it's part of a franchise with a long history of "Mario" cameos (List_of_Mario_references_in_video_games#Punch-Out.21.21_series). Here's the basic gameplay. This is Donkey Kong's part in detail. Maybe some other filler stuff here. The end."
My thoughts have not changed.

I believe that's enough support. One question, though: should the article be solely about the Wii version, or should we have an article covering the entire series?

I don't think the whole series has references to the Mario series, we could mention it's a series, but it should be solely on this game

I don't think that should warrant the creation of a series page though.

correcting the wicks will be sure a pain, though.

Back