General Discussion

All the animal buddies have them I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of them

I think they can be removed. It's not terribly important and the articles should say where the Animal Buddies can be found anyway.

I agree with you. Plus, having them all static avoid inconsistencies like the M&L3 bestiary, where there's still some static images amongst the moving ones.

It'd also be good to have both static and moving versions of sprites in general, I think, since people might not necessarily want a GIF if they're doing artwork or something and trying to use us as a source of images.

The table HAD static PNG's quite a while ago. Most of them deleted now. Now I have to spend time reuploading them in their static state >_______________>

I'd say leave the animated .gifs for the enemy articles themselves. I'm fine with that. It's not ok when they're all bundled in a list like that though.

I think the check/X chart's interesting, but rather than having a list of all the boards after it, why not use the chart itself to link to them (i.e. "[[File:Check_mark.svg|17px|link=Kamek's Carpet Ride]]", instead of just "link="), which also works as a "hover over with cruiser to see the name" thing. That'll save on a lot of space.

That's a good idea. But basically, This themes thing is not what I would like to keep. I say: burn the table, and organize the list with a gallery or something?

It's best that gets proposed first before it gets removed.

Dashbot said:
That's a good idea. But basically, This themes thing is not what I would like to keep. I say: burn the table, and organize the list with a gallery or something?
I think a gallery would be excessive (series pages are just overviews), not to mention it'd kill loading times - and if we use one for the Mario Party boards, we'd end up with one for the Mario Kart courses and all the sports arenas, and it'll just snowball...

But what's the point of a straight list? Just use templates and categories. Using a themes thing and a chart at least provides some sorta cross-game analysis-type info ("oh look, most games have a Y-themed area, but X doesn't, how interesting"), so it's not just mindless filler.

Do we have enough pages with titles that are supposed to be lowercase to have an "lc" (lowercase) template?
Code:
{{DISPLAYTITLE:{{#if:{{NAMESPACE}}|{{NAMESPACE}}:|}}{{lcfirst:{{PAGENAME}}}}}}

Seems pointless: just use DISPLAYTITLE normally instead of unnecessarily complicating things with a specialized template. Aside from e-Reader I can't even think of any other lowercase names off the top of my head anyway.

Me and GBAToad have been having a mini discussion on this. Wuhu Island is listed as a location on Earth, apparently in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It's a completely fictitious place though, so unless there's a reference confirming this it should be removed.

like I said privately it's completely fictional and we're the only ones who acknowledge it as being in the Pacific Ocean lol

just remove it

There is something that has been bothering me for sometime.

As per MarioWiki:Minor NPCs, we should create pages for Minor NPC with names.. However I feel it's kinda pointless If they really have no effect on the gameplay and/or story. Look at Janbi for an example.. The whole page does not include anything useful about him instead of the quote (which can be moved to Nimbi article if his page was deleted). This applies to many other NPCs. I feel like that some of them should be merged with the Nimbi article. I feel that we can have the Notable Members of the Nimbi article something like this (User_talk:Dashbot/Sandbox). Including a brief description of each member, and adding the whole description of them. I removed the link to some pages, because those are the ones I'd like to delete. And I have to say, there are many other Nimbis still that do not have articles.

The philosophy is that it's good to have lots of articles, even short ones, and pages like "Janbi" are fine: they include all the relevant info they can, and thus, aren't stubs (that page just needs an image and it's all set). Tiny articles are better than half-assing it with lists, at any rate.

I assume as we give Smash full coverage, and we have articles on the Subspace enemies and the ones in Adventure Mode, when Smash for 3DS is released we'll be creating articles on the Smash Run enemies.

Back