So what's with Rosalina recently?

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
And maybe we can figure out how or why they got their jobs as plumbers or why they never work as plumbers.
that was all revealed in the various tv shows, if you count them as canon :P

and yes I agree, Yoshi is WAY more annoying than Daisy, plus he looks nothing like a real dinosaur

Deception said:
and yes I agree, Yoshi is WAY more annoying than Daisy, plus he looks nothing like a real dinosaur
And Bowser totally looks like a turtle

Duskull said:
Deception said:
And Bowser totally looks like a turtle
at least he has shell
and nintendo doesn't technically say hes a turtle, but they say yoshi is meant to be a dinosaur
sometimes its lonely actually caring about accurate paleontology

I don't really care much if it's not 100% accurate in a fictional video game

DaisyCrazy14 said:
Kleptoad said:
Smaug said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.
I don't know why, but I doubt it is. "Annoying" is subjective.
It's because shes a palette swap of Peach whose stuck in spin offs because the mario series doesn't really have character development

Saying Daisy's a palette swap of Peach is just like saying Luigi is still a palette swap of Mario. There are just as many differences in Peach and Daisy's models as there are between the Mario brothers if not more:

- Daisy's dress has two hoops at the bottom, Peach only has one
- Peach is slightly taller and skinnier
- Peach wears longer gloves
- Daisy has a completely different hair length and style
- Daisy has only two eyelashes on each eye, Peach has five
- Daisy's collar and "sleeves" (whatever those round shoulder parts of the dress are) have a flower petal pattern around their openings
- Daisy's jewels have a flower petal pattern around them, Peach's are just plain round jewels
- Daisy has a rounder face
- Peach has smaller eyes and a pointier noise

Could've sworn someone had a whole buncha reasons backing up the argument Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are physically are different.

Smaug said:
Disliking somebody because of their voice is a TERRIBLE reason not to like them, whether in fictional things or in real life.
in real life i agree with you, because there is so much more to a real person than their voice

but this is mario, and daisy only does two things: talk and move. she doesn't have a deep personality at all, and so really i can only judge her by appearance and her voice.

appearance is generic princess and voice is annoying, so i dislike her.

I like Daisy, she doesn't have so much back-story as Rosalina, but the fact that shes kind of competitive compared to other characters makes her more fun imo
I mean really, everyone else says stuff like, yay I won, or yay, or woohoo, and she says im the best, or ha-ha

Daisy is my favourite character for Mario kart or party games

Dr. Javelin said:
Smaug said:
Disliking somebody because of their voice is a TERRIBLE reason not to like them, whether in fictional things or in real life.
in real life i agree with you, because there is so much more to a real person than their voice

but this is mario, and daisy only does two things: talk and move. she doesn't have a deep personality at all, and so really i can only judge her by appearance and her voice.

appearance is generic princess and voice is annoying, so i dislike her.

Yoshi's ear cringing voice is the main reason I dislike him so strongly. That, and Yoshi has some intolerable fans, around the same size as Luigi's fans. Both the Luigi and Yoshi fandom has one thing in common: to kill Mario. Yoshi is essentially the darling pet of Super Mario Bros. games.

I, for one, like Daisy because of her loud voice. My ears should be checked.

Anser said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.

If that were true, Yoshi would have been long gone already
Except there's nothing wrong with Yoshi's voice

Depends on what voice you're talking about. His voice in the Nintendo 64 games and New Super Mario Bros. games is fine. His voice in the Smash Bros. games is ok, but his voice in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which apparently is the same as in the upcoming Mario Kart 8 -___-) is annoying as hell. He sounds like an effing cat.

It does seem like Yoshi's voice is getting worse with each new game he's in. Personally, I miss his old voice. The one he had before Yoshi's Story came out.

And as for Daisy, I really do like her. She may be a spin-off character, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad character.

Glaceon said:
Could've sworn someone had a whole buncha reasons backing up the argument Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are physically are different.

That would be me

Duskull said:
I don't really care much if it's not 100% accurate in a fictional video game

I care much when his redesign looks even less like a dinosaur than when he originally appeared

MarioLuigi25 said:
Anser said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:

Depends on what voice you're talking about. His voice in the Nintendo 64 games and New Super Mario Bros. games is fine. His voice in the Smash Bros. games is ok, but his voice in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which apparently is the same as in the upcoming Mario Kart 8 -___-) is annoying as hell. He sounds like an effing cat.

It does seem like Yoshi's voice is getting worse with each new game he's in. Personally, I miss his old voice. The one he had before Yoshi's Story came out.
I like Daisy and Yoshi. But some of their voice clips keep being reused in other Mario spin-offs. Every recurring character in a Mario spin-off should have new voice clips so their voice are not annoying.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Anser said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:

Oh, god, I heard Yoshi's voice in the latest Nintendo Direct trailer and I tried REALLY hard not to cringe.

infinite8 said:
This guy made a good point about Rosalina taking over Mario Games.

"Oh Princess Peach. You have a Kingdom? That's cute. I HAVE A GALAXY B*TCH!" As much as I love Peach, I found that line hilarious XD.

I love BlackNerd. :D I kind of wish he talked more about Daisy, though.

MarioLuigi25 said:
And as for Daisy, I really do like her. She may be a spin-off character, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's a bad character.

I know, but it appears that is the second most popular reason people hate her, her voice being the first, of course. So if Nintendo gives her a proper role again, hopefully most people won't mind. Since this was supposed to be the Year of Luigi, we could have gotten a least a Daisy cameo somewhere down the line (replacing Peach in NSLU, Nurse Daisy in Dr. Luigi), but NOPE. It also would have made way more sense to have Daisy in SM3DW than Rosalina IMO. I can kind of understand her getting in Smash over Daisy because it's easier to give her more unique moves, though. M/L and P/D is the ultimate double date. :P

Meanwhile, I took this comic made by Furboz, one of my favorite Daisy artists on DeviantArt, and changed the text. :P

PuVEyBy.png

"[Rosalina] is like the Elsa of Mario Games.

Mario, Let it go, I'm the new girl for Nintendo.
The Galaxy never bothered me anyways.
♩"

I just fell on the floor laughing at that.

daisy_smash__by_niban_destikim-d6yhacj.jpg

My night turned to looking at Daisy anger pictures to Rosalina comic strips, to a comic about the three princesses having a sleepover with Rosalina being through so much pain from the two other's "sleepover".

Deku Link said:
My night turned to looking at Daisy anger pictures to Rosalina comic strips, to a comic about the three princesses having a sleepover with Rosalina being through so much pain from the two other's "sleepover".

I think I read that one once, I forgot the artists name though.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Deku Link said:

The one about the three princesses having a sleepover is called "The 3 Little Princesses" by The Bourgyman. You should check his gallery on deviantart.
http://thebourgyman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Deku Link said:

I saw that! It cracks me up so much! XD I love how we don't even get to see her facial expression and she's still so focused on the TV.

Complain all you like, but you can't really deny that Rosalina makes most other females feel quite jealous.

Princess_Rosalina_by_BladeXD.png

With a face like that, you can't really help but fall in love with her.

infinite8 said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:
Deku Link said:

The one about the three princesses having a sleepover is called "The 3 Little Princesses" by The Bourgyman. You should check his gallery on deviantart.
http://thebourgyman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thought so. It was either him, nintendrawer or saiiko. I haven't gone back to check their deviantarts in a year or so.

Back