So what's with Rosalina recently?

That's a better rrason than her voice.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.

Since when was character importance based off of voice acting?

Dr. Javelin said:
it's probably because no one can stand her irritating voice

EXACTLY. That's the main reason why I dislike her so much.

I think people like Rosalina so much because she's got a backstory. That's my case at least. I also think she's very well designed in terms of looks, and the fact that her voice was so freaking awesome in Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Mario Kart Wii helped. I am worried, though, that now Nintendo will start overusing her. I do NOT want to see Rosalina in a baseball game, a Mario Party game (I pretend she didn't appear in Island Tour because that game sucks), a Strikers game or whatever. You want to keep Daisy exclusive to spin-offs? Then keep Rosalina exclusive to main games except for Mario Kart. She will lose that "special" feel she has if she starts being seen so much.

Smaug said:
Disliking somebody because of their voice is a TERRIBLE reason not to like them, whether in fictional things or in real life.

I don't think it is. It's the same as saying that people dislike Birdo because she's ugly (which is the main reason why everyone dislikes her so much). The voice is an essential part of the character itself, and if you don't like it, there's nothing bad with it. In real life, though, it is a bad thing.

Besides, I don't dislike Daisy only because of her voice. It's also because I don't like her attitude and I think her redesign is awful. I liked her original design better.

Anser said:
Smaug said:
Disliking somebody because of their voice is a TERRIBLE reason not to like them, whether in fictional things or in real life.

I don't think it is. It's the same as saying that people dislike Birdo because she's ugly (which is the main reason why everyone dislikes her so much).
I was fairly confident it was the transsexual thing

Fearless Fosdick said:
Anser said:
Smaug said:

I don't think it is. It's the same as saying that people dislike Birdo because she's ugly (which is the main reason why everyone dislikes her so much).

That too, and that's even worse. It's like discriminating someone for being gay.

Anser said:
Fearless Fosdick said:
Anser said:
Smaug said:

That too, and that's even worse. It's like discriminating someone for being gay.
No the Mario wiki community loves gays I mean they love yoshi whose dating Birdo it's transsexuals they can't stand

Smaug said:

It's not at all.

It's like saying hating the flavor of pistachios is a terrible reason for hating pistachios.

Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

It's not at all.

It's like saying hating the flavor of pistachios is a terrible reason for hating pistachios.
Have to agree here, if it is an internet friend, then yes it is a bad reason considering you could ask not to talk in person. But if someone's voice annoys you're not going to like them much because you're not going to want to talk to them.

Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

It's not at all.

Totally different sensories. And taste is not usually a quality to determine the likableness in characters or people.

Smaug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

It's not at all.

Totally different sensories. And taste is not usually a quality to determine the likableness in characters or people.

hmm your skin isnt very tasty i dont like you

Smaug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

It's not at all.

What I'm saying is that saying you hate someone because of their voice is a valid reason to hate someone because it's a freaking opinion that depends on what you personally think. It is, after all, something that definitely isn't objective, therefore, you shouldn't say it's a terrible reason because you can't dispute against it.

Zae said:
Smaug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

It's not at all.

hmm your skin isnt very tasty i dont like you
That's how I lost my last girlfriend
also in all seriousness I like Rosalina although I don't really think she deserves a spot in Smash Bros.

Anser said:
Smaug said:

I don't think it is. It's the same as saying that people dislike Birdo because she's ugly (which is the main reason why everyone dislikes her so much). The voice is an essential part of the character itself, and if you don't like it, there's nothing bad with it. In real life, though, it is a bad thing.

Besides, I don't dislike Daisy only because of her voice. It's also because I don't like her attitude and I think her redesign is awful. I liked her original design better.

Personally, I like Daisy's new design better. The other one made her look too much like Peach. But then again, to be fair, Daisy's really not that much different from Peach anyway. She's suppose to be tomboyish, but she doesn't really do anything that Peach herself doesn't already do.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Personally, I like Daisy's new design better. The other one made her look too much like Peach. But then again, to be fair, Daisy's really not that much different from Peach anyway. She's suppose to be tomboyish, but she doesn't really do anything that Peach herself doesn't already do.

You can still like clone characters more than their original versions. I think Baby Luigi is the enhanced version of Luigi

Baby Luigi said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

You can still like clone characters more than their original versions. I think Baby Luigi is the enhanced version of Luigi

True. I did like Luigi even before he got a personality in Luigi's Mansion. And even now he's not that much different from Mario.

MarioLuigi25 said:
True. I did like Luigi even before he got a personality in Luigi's Mansion. And even now he's not that much different from Mario.

I liked Luigi well before Baby Luigi was in Mario Kart Double Dash

Kleptoad said:
Smaug said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.
I don't know why, but I doubt it is. "Annoying" is subjective.
It's because shes a palette swap of Peach whose stuck in spin offs because the mario series doesn't really have character development

Saying Daisy's a palette swap of Peach is just like saying Luigi is still a palette swap of Mario. There are just as many differences in Peach and Daisy's models as there are between the Mario brothers if not more:

- Daisy's dress has two hoops at the bottom, Peach only has one
- Peach is slightly taller and skinnier
- Peach wears longer gloves
- Daisy has a completely different hair length and style
- Daisy has only two eyelashes on each eye, Peach has five
- Daisy's collar and "sleeves" (whatever those round shoulder parts of the dress are) have a flower petal pattern around their openings
- Daisy's jewels have a flower petal pattern around them, Peach's are just plain round jewels
- Daisy has a rounder face
- Peach has smaller eyes and a pointier noise

FawfulTheSnowman said:

That's not really a good reason, then. If it were true, wouldn't they have fired her current voice actor for Mario Kart 8?

I really hate to see the "Daisy's voice is/is not annoying" can of worms open again, but I think her voice makes her very outspoken. It's too bad that the Mario characters almost never speak full sentences aside from a small phrase, interjection, or their name. I'd love to hear a full-fledged conversation between Daisy and Peach or Luigi.

FawfulTheSnowman said:

If that were true, Yoshi would have been long gone already

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:

Except there's nothing wrong with Yoshi's voice

Depends on what voice you're talking about. His voice in the Nintendo 64 games and New Super Mario Bros. games is fine. His voice in the Smash Bros. games is ok, but his voice in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which apparently is the same as in the upcoming Mario Kart 8 -___-) is annoying as hell. He sounds like an effing cat.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:

You're wrong

Anser said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:

Depends on what voice you're talking about. His voice in the Nintendo 64 games and New Super Mario Bros. games is fine. His voice in the Smash Bros. games is ok, but his voice in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which apparently is the same as in the upcoming Mario Kart 8 -___-) is annoying as hell. He sounds like an effing cat.

I agree.

I think Yoshi's voice became even worse in Mario Kart 8 -_-

Back