So what's with Rosalina recently?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Rosalina was introduced in Super Mario Galaxy. She was a popular character in a very popular game. Then she appeared in Mario Kart Wii. It was interesting to see here. She later cameos in Super Mario Galaxy 2. That was expected. Then she returns for Mario Kart 7. Interesting that she gets in over guys like Waluigi, Birdo, Bowser Jr, Diddy, etc. The she's announced playable in Super Mario 3D World. Very unexpected. Then, she become playable in Smash 4. Totally out of left field! She's also coming back for MK8. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't cram her into Super Sluggers.

So what do you guys think? What's with the Rosalina push recently? How do you feel about it? I personally don't mind it, but I do find it kind of strange.

I don't mind, but I wonder if Nintendo is preparing something huge for Rosalina or they are doing all this for some kind of fan service.

Well, Rosalina IS one of the most complex and unique characters of the Mario series, which is why she kinda reached fan favorite status.'

By the way, Super Sluggers was a pretty early game for her to be coming back. She wasn't in Mario Party 9 nor Mario Sports Mix as well.

you didn't mention Mario Party Island Tour either, but it looks like simple fanservice there

It was after Mario Kart Wii, yes, but far before Mario Kart 7

I wanted other less known characters to get some attention.

I don't like any pushes, though; I just don't like blatant favoritism, I guess.

Unlike most Mario Universe characters, Rosalina's backstory is well-made, and it gives us an idea on why she's a cosmic guardian.

MnSG said:
Unlike most Mario Universe characters, Rosalina's backstory is well-made, and it gives us an idea on why she's a cosmic guardian.
So, why can't other characters get a backstory? The fans love a character with a good backstory, so what's the problem, ninty?

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
MnSG said:
So, why can't other characters get a backstory? The fans love a character with a good backstory, so what's the problem, ninty?

I guess that would be considered "jumping the shark" for some?

We're not talking about full-blown backstories; I was thinking of more simplistic ones. Maybe we can get some better glimpses of Mario and Luigi's parents? :P

We're not talking about full-blown backstories; I was thinking of more simplistic ones. Maybe we can get some better glimpses of Mario and Luigi's parents? :P

instead of just their hands? sure

And maybe we can figure out how or why they got their jobs as plumbers or why they never work as plumbers.

Or maybe we can explain why Metal Mario and Baby Mario exist at the same time as Mario, and the explanation is believeable by Mario standards.

Rosalina got quite a backstory there, and it wouldn't hurt if some characters got small, simple ones.

Or maybe we can explain why Metal Mario and Baby Mario exist at the same time as Mario, and the explanation is believeable by Mario standards.

I think it would be more hilarious for fans to decide for themselves

I like it! Rosie is my 2nd-favorite Mario character (do I need to say my fav?) and she deserves all the attention she gets.

yes, rosalina is more complex, but not nearly so much as characters in the mario rpgs

i think nintendo sees her as another Nintendo Princess and must therefore join her group of Nintendo Princess Friends in every game

i mean, it happened to daisy

And maybe we can figure out how or why they got their jobs as plumbers or why they never work as plumbers.

Rosalina got quite a backstory there, and it wouldn't hurt if some characters got small, simple ones.

As long as we don't go the "supermariofan's SMB movie" route.

(In case you don't remember, the user that had such great casting ideas like Justin Bieber as Bowser Jr...)

Northern Verve said:
(In case you don't remember, the user that had such great casting ideas like Justin Bieber as Bowser Jr...)

Please don't remind me of him

How can it be Year of Rosalina when it's not even Rosalina's 10th anniversary yet ._.

I love it.

Rosalina is just awesome, and from the moment I saw her in Galaxy, I was just like "you need to be just a ton more games than this" and slowly I've been seeing that, and now it has hit that she is a well-known Mario character.

Just damn, her popularity is insane, but you know who else's was as well?

Bowser Jr., as as soon as he made his debut, look at all the games he was in and all the playable stuff he was in, even though he was not even around for that long! It's not like this hasn't happened before.

Northern Verve said:

As long as we don't go the "supermariofan's SMB movie" route.

Even Nintendo's kookiest members know that it's a terrible, insane idea.

Nabber said:
yes, rosalina is more complex, but not nearly so much as characters in the mario rpgs

i think nintendo sees her as another Nintendo Princess and must therefore join her group of Nintendo Princess Friends in every game

i mean, it happened to daisy
Daisy didn't become playable in a platformer or in Smash.

kinda feel bad for daisy as she as literally gotten no great role in the franchise.

Back