So what's with Rosalina recently?

MnSG said:
Complain all you like, but you can't really deny that Rosalina makes most other females feel quite jealous.

Princess_Rosalina_by_BladeXD.png

With a face like that, you can't really help but fall in love with her.
QFT
you win.....

MnSG said:
Complain all you like, but you can't really deny that Rosalina makes most other females feel quite jealous.

Princess_Rosalina_by_BladeXD.png

With a face like that, you can't really help but fall in love with her.

Ehh, no, I love who I am

Ok...i love Rosalina i love her character but i can see why Daisy fans can be upset (first, sorry for bad english)

Why Rosalina is so popular?, First, its her OWN existence in the Mario Universe

My theory: Sonic adds new character every game he appears, Crash, Spyro, Zelda, most seires do the same, but Mario series usually add new enemies, bosses, locations...but no characters, the last BIG character they add was Bowser Jr in Sunshine and it kinda falls in the Boss Category, no NEW alies for Mario, so went Galaxy come out WOW a new HUMAN character, and ISN´T A ENEMY, AND IS A WOMAN, AND ISN´T BEING KINDAP, AND SHE´S USEFUL, and that was something that help Rosa popularity.

Second its her Background:

And this one was made because the Director made it in one night without Miyamoto´s permission (yes, we love & hate miyamoto policy "GAMEPLAY FIRST, STORY NEVER" in Mario Games, but usually (paper mario sticker star) its for the better) after do the "storybook" they integrated in the game, the director wanted it to became a child´s sleep story meanwhile Miyamoto feel it distracts the player from the game, the younger player dont care alot, but the older audience, oh, the backstory make people FEEL.

In the Second Game, Miyamoto "banned" the possible sequel to Rosa´s Background, but this only make her more popular, because her Mystery, see, in Sonic Series, "Shadow" becomes popular not only because he was "dark & edgy" but because his backstory, it was left in mystery make him more "interesting", then Sega in an attempt to make a game to appeal the USA audience & Shadow growing fandom, they made "Shadow the Hedgehod" the second worst sonic game in the series, ruining both Shadow popularity AND backstory.

With Miyamoto "banning" the plot in SMG2 only make the mystery around Rosalina more interesting, maybe "the only mystery worth solving" in Mario Universe (extra points if you get the reference)

And last, what make Rosalina popular its the GAME ITSELF

Super Mario Galaxy (both 1 &2 dont matter what you said) its a MASTERPIECE, some glorious, brillant, marvelous platformer, the music, the levels, the characters, the story (yes it has MORE story that any other Mario game to date...maybe) it Nintendo showing to the World they still are relevant, they can beat HD games, they still can make magic, that MARIO its stronger that ever, and Rosalina was part in that big festival, she was a central character in the game, and that´s why she is so popular.

Now, the next question, Why Rosalina and not Daisy?

This one is tricky, see, Daisy was originated in Super Mario Land, and odd little fun Mario game for the GameBoy, where Mario need to recue Daisy from an Alien called Tatanga...weird, well, it turn out, this game along the sequel and the second-ish sequel-ish where made be Gupei Yokoi, Miyamoto´s Mentor & GameBoy creator , this was his take in the Mario Series, an odd take that give us both Daisy & Wario.

There´s a Rumor that Miyamoto never liked to use character he didn´t create, yes, hammer bros count in somewey but i think they mean "main/central/story important characters", some hints can be found in an answer in a NSMBWii interview, went someone question him about, why the toads and not wario?, "because wario need to fart"...it´s too lame to be true, but i think he must be hiding that fact.

Now, Gupei died in a car incident, must be a very painfull lost for his friend & family, as well Miyamoto, this is a theory, because this, Miyamoto never wanted to put Daisy in a MAIN platform, and only put her & Wario as cameos in spin-off as some sort of "in honor to gupei" & adding this to the "don´t like to use character he didn´t create" can the the perfect explanation.

Wario in other hand, he becames popular, so popular that other team took Wario to make MORE games.

Still no proof of this but it my theory, now, i think all this "rosalina in your face" was because 3D World & Smash, and i think it mostly a coicidence, 3D World staff it the same of the galaxy games, they wanted to put her because that "connection" she had with the game that make them proud, & Sakurai maybe saw the possibilities with luma to make a totally new character & that why she is in Smash too, they arent in the same building or helping each other.

Good analysis, KingMario128. By the way, weren't you in the Club Nintendo (the mexican Nintendo magazine) forums a couple years ago?

KingMario128 said:
Now, Gupei died in a car incident, must be a very painfull lost for his friend & family, as well Miyamoto, this is a theory, because this, Miyamoto never wanted to put Daisy in a MAIN platform, and only put her & Wario as cameos in spin-off as some sort of "in honor to gupei" & adding this to the "don´t like to use character he didn´t create" can the the perfect explanation.

Wario in other hand, he becames popular, so popular that other team took Wario to make MORE games.
What I would think be cool if a fifth Wario Land game came out with Daisy in it.

KingMario128 said:
Still no proof of this but it my theory, now, i think all this "rosalina in your face" was because 3D World & Smash, and i think it mostly a coicidence, 3D World staff it the same of the galaxy games, they wanted to put her because that "connection" she had with the game that make them proud, & Sakurai maybe saw the possibilities with luma to make a totally new character & that why she is in Smash too, they arent in the same building or helping each other.
I was actually thinking that too. I was going to mention it, but forgot.

Deku Link said:

Seeing this made me think that Daisy may end up doing what TMNT's Slash would do; hunting down and mercilessly clobbering anyone who she has a big vendetta against. You think Waluigi is bad, you'd hate to make Daisy angry.

MnSG said:
Seeing this made me think that Daisy may end up doing what TMNT's Slash would do; hunting down and mercilessly clobbering anyone who she has a big vendetta against. You think Waluigi is bad, you'd hate to make Daisy angry.

Oh yes...and I've played Mario Strikers Charged for proof

For some reason, I think Sakurai put Rosalina in just to make the fans who were crying for her shut up.

Giga12 said:
For some reason, I think Sakurai put Rosalina in just to make the fans who were crying for her shut up.

If that were true, Geno would have gotten in as well

Yeah, I see your point. By my logic, Toad, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. would have gotten in as well.

at least Waluigi is a trophy, or was in brawl anyway, Daisy, or technically Peach, was only available as Peach in Daisy's colour scheme

Giga12 said:
Yeah, I see your point. By my logic, Toad, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. would have gotten in as well.

Yeah, I really wanted a playable Toad in Smash Bros. :|

To be honest, Toad would've been the most logical choices since the rest of the big eight are already in Smash. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, and Wario. Though the latter two have not yet been confirmed for Smash 4.

if he's used right hes op
my friends theory is that a lot of the younger players will always choose yoshi, so they made him more powerful

you can just spam ground pound and a lot of the times that will win a battle

Deception said:
if he's used right hes op
my friends theory is that a lot of the younger players will always choose yoshi, so they made him more powerful

you can just spam ground pound and a lot of the times that will win a battle

Spamming ground pound would just make him predictable. Besides, it's very punishable.

Back