Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
I think they shouldn't add a storyline to them. It really just ruins the game, like it did with Mario Party 9.

FoxWolf64 said:
I think they shouldn't add a storyline to them. It really just ruins the game, like it did with Mario Party 9.

I'm fine with the story. I actually liked Mario Party 6's story

Baby Luigi said:
MarioLuigi25 said:
Giga12 said:
Man I miss Tag Team battles.

I know right? They don't even have 2-vs-2 mini-games anymore =(.

Yeah

Just screw Mario party 9 and Island Tour
9 was still fun without them, but Island Tour is unforgivable. I even gave it a bad score on Metacritic!

Anyway, I don't exactly love the stories:
DS: OH NO NOW WE'RE SMALL!
8: OH NO BOWSER STOLE THE STAR ROD! (cheap ripoff of Kirby's Adventure)
9: OH NO WE CAN'T STARE AT THE CONSTELLATIONS ANYMORE!
IT: OH NO SOME RANDOM ISLANDS LOOK UGLY!

Well, this IS Mario Party we're talking about. The stories never really got that good, people just play for the gameplay and whatnot.

The reason I love the story is how cheesy they can get, lol

They just need to remove all the luck-based gameplay that's defined the newest Mario Party games. Add a bit of strategy to it. Not too much, but enough that I can still beat the computer players by over 3 stars if their AI is set to easy.

Purple Yoshi said:
They just need to remove all the luck-based gameplay that's defined the newest Mario Party games. Add a bit of strategy to it. Not too much, but enough that I can still beat the computer players by over 3 stars if their AI is set to easy.

Hell, they should just return the ability to set handicaps at 9 stars, so I could get 9 stars, Daisy and Waluigi 5, and Wario 0

if they can remake the amount of sheer chaos and luck based things from 1-3 again thatd be the best thing
the games either really frustrated you sometimes or make you feel like youre the king of the world. i guess the gcn ones weren't so bad either but they weren't as memorable as the n64 ones
the gba was realy bad imo and ds was ok
8 wasnt so memorable, i didnt really like 9 with the everyone travels as a group, and island tour i dont really know much about but from the looks of it i dont think ill like it

Glaceon said:
Well, this IS Mario Party we're talking about. The stories never really got that good, people just play for the gameplay and whatnot.

The Mario series in general was never really known for story. It was always about the gameplay. You just need to know what your goal is and do it. That's generally what Mario is about.

Minako Aino said:
and island tour i dont really know much about but from the looks of it i dont think ill like it
Trust me. YOU DON'T WANT TO GET IT.

It is one of the worst Mario games. In fact, I don't even really play that much Mario. I really play lots of Zelda, Rayman and SSB.

The boards and minigames are good. That's all. And you just CAN'T say Bowser Tower was good.

Cirdec said:
Come on, Island Tour is not that bad. Its minigames are quite good, at least better than 8.

Yeah, they had only ONE type of mini-game. Where's the 1vs3 and the 2vs2 staples!?

Shadow rocks! said:
The boards and minigames are good. That's all. And you just CAN'T say Bowser Tower was good.

Uh, aren't the boards & the minigames the most important parts of Mario Party?

Granted I haven't played Island Tour myself. But if both boards and Minigames are good in a Mario Party games. Doesn't that kinda count as a good Mario Party game? (I am not saying Island Tour is a good game though, it's just you seem to be saying the two things that make or break a Mario party game are good in Island Tour even though you think it's a bad game. Like I think Mario Party 9 is bad, though I like at least some or even most of the minigames, but I hate the board gameplay which was the deal breaker)

^Y'all need a good item system too, which is why most of the later Mario Party games are better than the first one.

i dont think it really needs a reboot, just need to change the gameplay.

It's not like its a franchise with a deep plot or anything.

Princess Zae said:

They already changed the gameplay with 9 and Island Tour and we all know how bad that turned out.

Anser said:
Princess Zae said:

They already changed the gameplay with 9 and Island Tour and we all know how bad that turned out.

well i mean what it used to be in like 3/4.

Princess Zae said:
Anser said:
Princess Zae said:

well i mean what it used to be in like 3/4.

I agree with this. 3 was to me the best of all the series. It had the most strategic board play with those great items. The Duel Mode was also very cool, and the mini-games were amazing.

For me, 6 was the greatest one. Everything done right.

The first three Mario Parties are overrated. Mario Party 6 is the best one.

well i didnt get to play 3 for very long, most of my favorite moments are in 2 and 4.

Never got much time to play past 4 either.

Back