Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Crackin355 said:
Yeah, I know, I was just being a moron. I like the boards of 5 and above more than the ones in 3 but I just can't remember much about the mini-games of the other games like I do MP3. Sure, there were some pretty bad mini-games in the mix but I enjoyed a majority of them immensely in comparison to the newer games where I enjoy about 30-40% of them and don't like the rest.

I just like all the Mario Party's though... eh, except maybe 4, that one really doesn't do it for me. Lackluster boards, boring and unmemorable mini-games, so *bleep*ing slow. I can still play it occasionally but if you ask what the one I hate the most is, then it will be that one for sure... at least until I get my hands on Island Tour.

I guess it's partly your nostalgia getting in the way, but who am I to judge? Back then, I was too young and too scared to play Mario Party 1-3 (partly because those memory minigames like The Beat Goes On, Messy Memory, etc. frustrate me to tears to no end). It's only when I'm much older that I'm able to develop an opinion, especially after playing Mario Party 4-DS (and 9's minigames) previously.

I can't really compare the board speed, but when I played Mario Party 2 and 3, the speed of each turn shocked me. I was also surprised characters don't groan when they land on a red space.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Crackin355 said:
Yeah, I know, I was just being a moron. I like the boards of 5 and above more than the ones in 3 but I just can't remember much about the mini-games of the other games like I do MP3. Sure, there were some pretty bad mini-games in the mix but I enjoyed a majority of them immensely in comparison to the newer games where I enjoy about 30-40% of them and don't like the rest.

I just like all the Mario Party's though... eh, except maybe 4, that one really doesn't do it for me. Lackluster boards, boring and unmemorable mini-games, so *bleep*ing slow. I can still play it occasionally but if you ask what the one I hate the most is, then it will be that one for sure... at least until I get my hands on Island Tour.

I guess it's partly your nostalgia getting in the way, but who am I to judge? Back then, I was too young and too scared to play Mario Party 1-3 (partly because those memory minigames like The Beat Goes On, Messy Memory, etc. frustrate me to tears to no end). It's only when I'm much older that I'm able to develop an opinion, especially after playing Mario Party 4-DS (and 9's minigames) previously.

I can't really compare the board speed, but when I played Mario Party 2 and 3, the speed of each turn shocked me. I was also surprised characters don't groan when they land on a red space.

That's one of the things I liked the most about 2 and 3. The turns went by amazingly quick, so the board games weren't boring at all. 7 and 8, on the other hand... I swear they last FOREVER.

I thought Mario Party 8's board speed was quick though

Yeah, the movement speed isn't really slow. I think Mario Party 4 had the slowest movement speed in Mario Party games. Despite this, movement speed has never bothered me.

Yeah, the movement speed isn't really slow. I think Mario Party 4 had the slowest movement speed in Mario Party games. Despite this, movement speed has never bothered me.

Well it was a bit sluggish in comparison with mp3, since you could move the speed of characters to pretty insane speeds, not sure if you can do that in other games though.

Fighter Zae said:

Well it was a bit sluggish in comparison with mp3, since you could move the speed of characters to pretty insane speeds, not sure if you can do that in other games though.

I had to do something else while I waited for the cpu's to finish their turn. It was painfully slow, after getting the bowser board I haven't picked it up again and don't plan to any time in the near or far future.

I personally loved 7 a lot, but many people don't. I just loved the mini-games in that one, and I thought the boards' themes were really great!

And Mario Party 2...damn, that game...I swear to god, if there was any video game that I've ever played more than the rest, that is the game. And I still suck at Mecha Marathon! I just...whenever I would visit my cousins at my grandparents house, that was the game we always play. Albeit, my cousin and grandparents are my neighbors, so obviously this happened very often.

What sucks is that I would hope that I would dislike the game, but by god, I have it on Virtual Console and I still play it from time to time.

With 4-7 though, I felt like they were all top-notch Mario Party games. I definitely thought that even though they were all very unique and different from one another, they were probably the highlight of the entire series.

I just want Mario Party to have that magic again. They ruined it a bit in Mario Party 8 with the lame boards and stuff, then they go and make Mario Party 9 and just give us the middle finger by changing one of the best parts about Mario Party. Then Island Tour comes out, and it's like they just want to ruin our childhoods by basically destroying what was left in the series.

My family loves playing Mario Party. That was our thing as we grew up. That was my childhood basically. We can't even play 9 together as a family because no one likes it. We literally tried a few times, and it's just impossible since it's so stupid to play since you could literally do nothing and win, or try your best to win and still end up losing. It's like, why play?

Mario Party 9 was decent, and it gets too much hate. Now Island Tour...

"It was a normal and boring day on the so-called Party Islands. No one Everyone was groaning laughing and commiting suicide having fun."

Mario Party 9 had the minigames, no one can deny that

I love you Smash Compactor <3<3<3<3

Shadow said:
Everyone was groaning laughing and commiting suicide having fun."
It's like that in every Mario Party, though. :rolleyes:

The logic in the games is just appalling...

let's all play a weird board game with us as pawns, collect stars and save the world!

That would be typical of a horror movie. Like, Saw.

Not to mention, it's a fight to the death.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Party 9 had the minigames, no one can deny that

I love you Smash Compactor <3<3<3<3
Because of Wario being flattened, right?

Yeah, but also the sheer violence

Hudson finally started making good games in 5-8 and then sold out.
1-4 were not good really.

Dr. Murder said:

let's all play a weird board game with us as pawns, collect stars and save the world!

the plot of mp3 is 8 characters trapped in a hell dimension fighting to the death to become ruler
so it is a horror game already

Niime said:
Dr. Murder said:

the plot of mp3 is 8 characters trapped in a hell dimension fighting to the death to become ruler
so it is a horror game already

The Hunger Games: Mushroom Kingdom.

3D Player 2004 said:
Hudson finally started making good games in 5-8 and then sold out.
1-4 were not good really.
A lot of people would probably dissent that opinion.

I like 2-DS, but 2 and 3 aren't THAT cracked up as some users like to put it.

The next Mario Party should feature a dancing minigame because of this:

Ugh, I don't want to see Wario dancing. It would be too great to do this

ThePremiumYoshi said:

Gangnam style *bleep*

NO.

ThePremiumYoshi said:

Gangnam style *bleep*

NO.

Oh, please, don't be a gank. Let it happen!

Make it happen not to happen, Nintendo.

I'd like it if they danced to Stayin' Alive, though.

By god, dem eyes in Mario.

Back