Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Princess Zae said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
"Aaaaa-aaaow!" "Owwwouch!" "Uh uh uh UH!"

You should hear her getting electrocuted in Super Mario Strikers. She sounds like she's dying.

uh isnt that like the point?

Mario and Luigi sound like they're in immense pain, but Daisy sounds like she's flat-out dying.

I think the Mario Party series should have just stuck with the original 6 characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario. I think one of the reasons why it fell down hill is because they're adding way too many unnecessary characters now. Daisy and Waluigi were good additions. Toad was also a good addition, but then they just went way too far with adding more characters

MarioLuigi25 said:
I think the Mario Party series should have just stuck with the original 6 characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario. I think one of the reasons why it fell down hill is because they're adding way too many unnecessary characters now. Daisy and Waluigi were good additions. Toad was also a good addition, but then they just went way too far with adding more characters
Yeah, like Boo. (Gets murdered by Boo lovers)

MarioLuigi25 said:

I...I don't see how this makes the Mario Party series any worse. You can just. Not. Use. Them.

I suppose so. But I still can't help but to feel that they unnecessarily removed DK :dk:. I miss him being playable.

MarioLuigi25 said:
I suppose so. But I still can't help but to feel that they unnecessarily removed DK :dk:. I miss him being playable.

I miss DK too. He has every right to be playable as *coughBloopercough*.

Don't worry, we all loved setting DK on fire

MarioLuigi25 said:

Nah, the core problem is the gameplay. Complaining about characters is like complaining about having three cherries on a cake rather than one.

The gameplay is the main problem indeed. I won't deny that. Nintendo shouldn't have messed with the formula like they did in Mario Party 9.

MarioLuigi25 said:
The gameplay is the main problem indeed. I won't deny that. Nintendo shouldn't have messed with the formula like they did in Mario Party 9.

You mean nD Cube

Mario Party DS felt like the last GOOD Mario Party

ND Cube, you mean. ND Cube messed it up and had their chance to correct their ills. Looks like they didn't.

Shame Hudson can't come back - they split up and can't develop together anymore.

Giga12 said:
Shame Hudson can't come back - they split up and can't develop together anymore.

Yeah, Hudson, even though flopped Mario Party 8, still did a better job than what nd cube can accomplish

I didn't like Mario Party 8 that much, but it was still a heck of alot better than 9 and Island Tour.

@Baby Luigi: Yeah, sis. Remember that match in Koopa's Tycoon Town? Mario Party 8 is one of the weaker games, but at least we can do co-op battles and play as Mario + Toadette.

Why did they do away with that and Toadette? T~T

I can't fathom my mind around that. I guess the new mechanics don't mesh as well, plus there are no 2 vs. 2 minigames.

MarioLuigi25 said:
Giga12 said:
Man I miss Tag Team battles.

I know right? They don't even have 2-vs-2 mini-games anymore =(.

Yeah

Just screw Mario party 9 and Island Tour

Giga12 said:
I think Nintendo should remake one of the older Mario Parties. :lol:

I think they should just make a new one but uses Mario Party 6 formula

Giga12 said:
I think Nintendo should remake one of the older Mario Parties. :lol:

Mario Party 2, but with Mario Party 3 and 6 items, and Tag Team Battle! *drools*

MarioLuigi25 said:
I didn't like Mario Party 8 that much, but it was still a heck of alot better than Island Tour.
Fixed.

Back