Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

Do you think the Mario Party series needs a reboot?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Doesn't matter to me if it's illegal. I judge from my own perspective, not from the law. I am normally law-abiding, but if I have to spend a ridiculous $50 just to play some of the minigames, then I'm opting out.

Do you guys buy your music?

Mario Party X said:
Doesn't matter to me if it's illegal. I judge from my own perspective, not from the law. I am normally law-abiding, but if I have to spend a ridiculous $50 just to play some of the minigames, then I'm opting out.

I don't because we can't buy music here in Venezuela. I mean, you can, but it's difficult because you have to buy it in dollars and we're having a lot of trouble with dollars here. All you can do is buy the full album on physical, which costs around 70 dollars (transformed in Bolivares, of course). I would if I could, though.

Anser said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
might be missing something here, but how can you reboot a series with no continuing storyline?

I was talking about a reboot as in restarting the series all over again. It shouldn't even be called Mario Party, and it shouldn't even follow the concept of Mario Party. I'm talking about a brand-new concept that involves mini-games; not necessarily a board game. It's creating a brand-new saga, something fresh, something unique, something original, and letting Mario Party end for good. I mean, if they came up with the idea of Mario Party 15 years ago, they can do it again, right?
ah, I understand now

NSY said:
I do think Mario Party needs a reboot. Bring back the classic board play where you just pay 20 coins for a star as well as a few gimmick based boards to keep things fresh.
wait

you don't pay 20 coins for stars anymore?

I think they should design Mario Party to be more like the Super Mario series. Like instead of getting coins from Blue Spaces or whatever, you move under Brick Blocks and hit them for coins. You move to get to the flagpole at the end of the board, but there are lots of enemies and platforms that you need to get across by playing minigames.

I enjoy them all but I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot.

I personally didn't mind the car mechanic in MP9, since I can just go back to the 9 mario parties before that (1-8 + DS) if I don't want to play using it or crave the old formula. All it did was give me more choices. But it was poorly executed and is lacking a lot which makes it less enjoyable than it could have been.

I'll let the people who actually care what direction the Mario Party series go decide on this one.

Koopaul said:
I think they should design Mario Party to be more like the Super Mario series. Like instead of getting coins from Blue Spaces or whatever, you move under Brick Blocks and hit them for coins. You move to get to the flagpole at the end of the board, but there are lots of enemies and platforms that you need to get across by playing minigames.

Mmmm... I think this would be way too similar to the New Super Mario Bros. series. I'd have to see how it turns out.

Mario Party X said:

Okay then. From my perspective, I'm not getting paid enough at my job. I should steal money from the bank then.

What? I'm judging from my perspective, not the law.

ゴジラ said:
Mario Party X said:

Okay then. From my perspective, I'm not getting paid enough at my job. I should steal money from the bank then.

I doubt you buy your music either

But regardless, I would rather play this thing on an actual game console than an emulator. My computers are never strong enough to run this thing plus keyboard controls are ass

ゴジラ said:
Mario Party X said:

A better analogy is you download the torrent for a whole album just for one track.

Anyway, this conversation should stop here because we shouldn't be promoting piracy, no matter how stupid copyright laws can be.

Koopaul said:

Eh, I like Mario Party because it isn't New Super Mario Bros., although I did like seeing Wario dying and respawning in a bubble n Skyjinks.

Here's a game I would buy in an instant. I think that a good reboot would actually just be all the games in one. You have every board, minigame, and they could update the look of the 64 games so it looked newer. You would have all the things and instead of forcing it the exact same mechanic, you could set what kind of things you wanted. Like you could play any 8's Shy guy's perplex express with much faster speed, 7's Grand canal with no bowser time, 9's Bowser's orbit with a turn based theme instead of a vehicle, etc. These are options, and even though nothing is added, there is so much replay value and customization that they could make everyone as happy as possible. And when they add online, they could have communities like MK7 so that people who like a specific board/setting can play with others who might like that too.

Possibilities of that happening is like -99.87 though, but who knows if they celebrate mp's 20th anniversary or something

Sweet. I would buy that nice game idea. Just return the costumes (and add more! :O) And plus, they need to add that options to toggle on/off any minigames (Mario Party 4 did that via Custom Pack) that appear during a party. THEN, it would be nearly perfect.

I wish for a Mario Party game where the Mario Party hosts battle, and as a result, Mushroom Kingdom's quality deteriorates.

Thank you :)

And it would be interesting to see all the different toad hosts battle :lol:

And Brighton and Twila disrupts the day/night cycle while MC Ballyhoo is getting chased by Tumble.

You know, I feel they should make a game that revolves around the Card Party mode seen in Mario Party 5. They could revamp it and make it something greater, because I really enjoyed that back in the day.

Card Party is luck-based, though. You'll never know the difference between a Star and a Ztar in Mamar's Card Party.

That's why I said revamp. That was one of the few things I didn't really like about Card Party, and I'm hoping they could improve it in that aspect especially if they did make it into a full-fledged game.

Oh, okay.

My favorite part of Card Part are those character portraits and that Wario gets a Star, only for it to destroy and turn into a Ztar. Priceless.

I love it when that happens to anyone in Card Party. The randomness of Star cards can be hilarious, but at the same time a double-edged sword.

If only Card Party had way more skill factored when it comes to winning, I'd play it more. The reason I don't play it is that I'm afraid I'm going to be the receiving end of the torture rather than that fat yellow target.

Well, the lack of minigames makes it considerably more luck-based than skill-based, since it's really just hoping you get a good number, an actual Star card when you approach a Star space or one of the other things I'm forgetting that are luck-based. Despite this emphasis on luck and the many times I got screwed over, I was able to have a lot of fun with it.

I would suggest they incorporate minigames into Card Party if they actually revamp it so there's some skill involved, although I'm slightly worried that would make it too much like the normal Mario Party for it to be Card Party, especially if the reward is some form of game currency. Although that would work very well if they added shops to the game from which you could buy items to help turn the tide in your favour. It'd somewhat balance the luck and skill involved.

They could also make a way to distinguish Star spaces that are Stars and spaces that are Ztars, although that would remove the climatic feeling when you approach a Star Space. Perhaps they could just distinugish between Star Spaces with 1 Star/Ztar, Star Spaces with 2 Stars/Ztars and Star Spaces with 3 Stars/Ztars, so people knew what they were getting into when they approached a Star Space.

Maybe players can buy an item that helps them distinguish between the spaces, but that can be exploited somehow. Maybe they can buy something that makes the star card a guaranteed star.

The latter sounds like a pretty good idea. It'd have to be expensive like a Magic Lamp, of course, since it's so useful.

And maybe they could add a variety of card boards like most of the other Mario Party games do (rather than the standard board although they could retain that as the first board) that all have one unique trait, such as a board with constantly changing pathways or something.

If they do decide to reboot the series, I hope they make it alot more skill-based and more strategic. It's really annoying and stupid when you get screwed over by luck, which what the vast majority of Mario Party is.

Back