Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

Just got Dual Destinies thanks to my older brother.

I've found it kind of interesting how the actual game is completely different from the demo. It's as if the developers did that to make sure that regardless of whether blind players played the demo or not, they were still surprised by the events of the part the demo was based off. It's a pretty nice touch, honestly.

So far, I've gotten to Ted's testimony in game, and so far I love the complete detail, hilarity and fittingness of the character animations. The music tops the past games in the series in my opinion, especially that tension music. Additionally, I love how there's two save files for once. That needed to happen. Generally I'm loving the game so far, but I kind of expected myself to.

If Ema isn't in some DLC then somebody is going to get slapped.

Ema Skye said:
I know for a fact that she isn't in the currently made DLC
However she may appear in future DLC's if future DLC's are made
Also, offtopic but someone on tumblr suggested that this should have been Klavier's Dual destinies voice:
I admit that I laughed pretty hard.

Klavier Gavin said:
Ema Skye said:
I know for a fact that she isn't in the currently made DLC
However she may appear in future DLC's if future DLC's are made
Also, offtopic but someone on tumblr suggested that this should have been Klavier's Dual destinies voice:
I admit that I laughed pretty hard.
Yeah I know, but future, man, the futuuuurrreee...

The only DLC I see is the clothes one, and it's a literal kick to the face how I can't afford that at the moment since when I got the game I became flat broke in terms of eShop money. Thankfully I'll be grabbing myself a £15 eShop card tomorrow to buy those different outfits with.

Just a headsup that apparently this game was the best selling eShop game for the month of October in most if not all regions, so that's a good sign for the series' future.

Klavier Gavin said:
I got the costumes while they were free

same here
one of the perks of getting it day 1

Xpike said:
Just a headsup that apparently this game was the best selling eShop game for the month of October in most if not all regions, so that's a good sign for the series' future.

that's fantastic

So wish I was able to get the game in time to take advantage of that deal.

Xpike said:

That can only mean good things.

I need to get the dlc case...
I really hope they release more DLC cases at a later date, I know chances are slim but still...
Also a Hobonix costume and magician Apollo costume would be p.cool.

so i finished dual destinies

woooo

definitely liked it! thought the new characters were pretty good, they definitely did well with the animations. i did have a few complaints, such as
the relative lack of investigation segments, psych-lock underuse, and hugh in trial 3 feeling too drawn out
but overall it did not disappoint. i'd say my favorite (new) characters were
Athena Cykes, Bobby Fulbright, Jinxie Tenma, Robin Newman, and Yuri Cosmos

fulbright why ;-;

fun fact: this was the first time i ever played an ace attorney game blind! it was a very good experience and i'm going to try and blindplay in the future

I love how they made it so you can have a maximum of two saves, although I'll probably never use the other one so it doesn't really benefit me. I also love how you can speed through text without having to have seen it before. The log feature is also very useful for those statements that fly by you, although there have been several blank spots in it during Case 2's second trial which still puzzles me.

I love what they did with the investigations in this game.
  • The ability to look at a scene from another angle makes examining much more in-depth.
  • The fact that you can access any area from any area makes the investigation segments much less tedious for me.
  • The fact the game ticks things you've already examined so you know what you have examined makes it so much easier to remember what I still need to check.
As for the actual case, the mayor pretending to be "Tenma Taro" actually gave me the shivers of the highest degree because I got to that part in the middle of the night. Additionally, I found Phineas Filch's animation where he runs into you pretty hilarious because it just looked so exaggerated. Blackquil's been pretty entertaining so far, and I love how punny the fact that Simon Says is brought up after several instances of Blackquil manipulating the judge. By the end of the case my mind had been blown away with how clever it was, and that's all I have to say about it.

I honestly expected Edgeworth to appear somewhere when I read the words famous prosecutor. As of Trial 1, I have yet to see any sign of him. Klavier reappearing definitely makes up for that, though. Robin being a girl surprised me to no bounds, especially since he gave off some seriously masculine vibes. I love how the name Hugh O'Conner can sound like You're a goner! I found that revelation extremely clever. Hugh also seems like the culprit both because of that revelation and the fact that he has his own theme apparently. And that ending just confused me. Didn't see it coming whatsoever. Anyway, so far, Case 3 is easily my favourite case because of the aforementioned and several other reasons.

And just for the record, in terms of Objection! themes, I like them all equally.

From the article that I found online saying that, it doesn't seem like you have to beat the whole game to play it without getting spoiled. Could easily be wrong, but that's what it looks like. And apparently in pounds, the DLC Case seems to cost around £3.70.

the DLC case is out (at least in europe and the USA, not sure about other areas)

it's the one with the aquarium, and is apparently set between cases 2 and 3 but playable after case 1

defending an orca is certainly new, even for nick

Just finished the game and...

...I have to say, it's probably my favourite in the series (barely beating AJ). The music was incredible, the character animations were detailed and the cases were all very enjoyable. Wish they actually used the bracelet and Magatama gimmicks more, though.

The cases of the original were good but most of them didn't stick out and were too simple. JfA's cases were pretty meh except the last one. T&T's cases weren't that enjoyable for me and the last one's ending scared the flimflams out of me and made me kind of paranoid of Capcom having something like that happen again. AJ's cases were all pretty amazing, though. This game's were fabulous, and the non-case aspects definitely helped make me find this to be much better than AJ.

The whole Bobby being the phantom was actually something I kind of saw coming because he was one of the characters on the case illustrations, and I didn't feel him being a detective would be reason enough for him to be one of the five case characters. The mask thing definitely caught me off-guard, and the phantom's breakdown was pretty amazing if you ask me. The fact that he actually got shot sent me into hysterics.

Apparently the DLC is £4, so that's incredibly convenient for me and I'll probably begin playing it later today.

I just finished Apollo Justice. I'm a bit confused why people didn't like it, I thought that last case was pretty amazing.

Nabber said:
I just finished Apollo Justice. I'm a bit confused why people didn't like it, I thought that last case was pretty amazing.
I know, I liked it too.
It isn't my favorite but it had some of my favorite characters in it (Klavier and Trucy), the first case was the best first case in the series hands down and the final case was great too(final cases always are though). I know 4-3 was a bit dud but 2-3 is worse imo. I know a lot of people hate AJ but I prefer it to JFA. Plus Apollo has really grown on me as a character after playing Dual Destinies.

i didn't really think 4-3 was bad, and while i wouldn't say it's the best game in the series, that's because it has such high competitors

So in the third case and I thought Robin was kinda cute until...

he became a woman

AA y u do dis?

Also 4-3 in AJ is one of my favourite cases of the series because:
a) music jokes
b) showing some bad aspects of Klavier so that he was no longer a Marie Sue
c) Ema calling Klavier a diva

Alright! Two requests:

1) How is the DLC? Is it worth getting?
2) How many blocks does this take up? I need to know whether I can download another game and still get this.

Nabber said:
Alright! Two requests:

1) How is the DLC? Is it worth getting?
2) How many blocks does this take up? I need to know whether I can download another game and still get this.

1) Yes, it's a really good case, I'd rank it below 5-3 and 5-5 in terms of this game.
2) It takes really few blocks because the case is probably already on the main game, it's just an unlock code.

Back