Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't clarify. How many blocks does the actual game take up? If you include the DLC, that'd be even better.

So it turns out I can't buy this game. Because Capcom decided it can only be a digital download. Because I linked my Nintendo ID, which is aged 15, to the 3DS. Because there's no way to change your age. Because there's no way to unlink your Nintendo ID without formatting the system memory.

santanoice said:
Isn't M 15 and over?

Or alternatively, just get older?
17 and older in America.

All from a game series that's been rated T for the past six years.

I'd hope Nintendo could release a new update that allows you to at least add a new Nintendo ID to the 3DS, but that'd be stupid.

man that sucks

ever since i heard they were bringing nnids to 3ds i was thinking "i hope it doesn't stop me from playing dual destinies" and now it's happened to you

still, it's a huge flaw in nintendo's system. being that you can't remove a nintendo id from a 3ds without factory resetting it

oh well. i'm sure i can find someone to lend me their 3ds and play it eventually

Nabber said:
So it turns out I can't buy this game. Because Capcom decided it can only be a digital download. Because I linked my Nintendo ID, which is aged 15, to the 3DS. Because there's no way to change your age. Because there's no way to unlink your Nintendo ID without formatting the system memory.

That is ridiculous, holy shit Nintendo get it together, it's 2013 having a decent online shouldn't be an issue.

Goodness guys, they're just trying to protect your fragile little minds by barring you from content not deemed appropriate for you.

Well, that was kinda sad.

Initially, I kinda thought the Ringmaster was responsible for Bat's accident because he was being overprotective of Regina.

santanoice said:
Goodness guys, they're just trying to protect your fragile little minds by barring you from content not deemed appropriate for you.
In case you're not being sarcastic, the ESRB sucks as a rating entity since it doesn't actually consider what the game does, but just the quantity of blood and sex,
and for some reason it's even worse when theres kids involved.
in it. This game can be played by anyone above 13 and it wouldn't matter, but nope, blood, so it's rated M.

Now, let's consider this practically. I'm 15 years old. I know what blood is. I've gotten my fair share of paper cuts, I get nosebleeds practically every day now, and I've hurt myself. In the real world, it's unlikely that you'll be 15 years old and haven't seen a drop of blood in your life. So why does Nintendo get to tell me what games I can and can't download?

I was being sarcastic :P but this is a topic worth discussing so...

Nintendo doesn't make the decision, your Government creates restrictions that Nintendo has to comply with them or they will get in some serious trouble (not protecting the children, and such). This concept was a huge thing in Australia (still is) because it wasn't until earlier this year that we had an adults-only rating for video games, so games with lots of violent and sexual content were outright banned because they were not appropriate for the highest rating at the time, MA 15+ (for 15yr olds at the minimum), and this included popular titles like Mortal Kombat and L4D2.

Now, I'm not sure how thoroughly ESRB researches their games before they give it a restriction. I know the Australian Classification Board actually plays the games (just a portion, because they also need to cover movies and television so they can't invest all their time into games) and judge it based on that. Sometimes things have been released and then banned after because of something uncovered after release (GTA 3, for example).

If this is something that actually gets up your goat, it is something you need to speak to your Government about, and if you get enough support, you can actually change stuff. I mean, it took about a decade here in Aus, but we now have our adults-only rating for games, and it's only because enough people complained about it.

But on another note, what's hilarious is that this game is rated PG here, which means there aren't any restrictions at all.

Earthbound got a M rating, it's clear that these things don't work as a method to safely regulate anything.
Also lol at the Australian Goverment telling grown-ass men what they can and can't play, it's ridiculous the extent at which the old values are still ingrained in the mayority of people.

Xpike said:
Earthbound got a M rating, it's clear that these things don't work as a method to safely regulate anything.
Also lol at the Australian Goverment telling grown-ass men what they can and can't play, it's ridiculous the extent at which the old values are still ingrained in the mayority of people.
What's your evidence to show they don't work as safety measures? And like I said, if you don't like it, then do something about it.

santanoice said:
Xpike said:
What's your evidence to show they don't work as safety measures? And like I said, if you don't like it, then do something about it.
If I was an Australian citizen, I would, but for now I can't do anything.

Xpike said:
santanoice said:
Xpike said:
I meant do something about the ESRB (presuming you are American),

santanoice said:
Xpike said:
santanoice said:
Xpike said:
I meant do something about the ESRB (presuming you are American),
Nope.

santanoice said:
I was being sarcastic :P but this is a topic worth discussing so...

Nintendo doesn't make the decision, your Government creates restrictions that Nintendo has to comply with them or they will get in some serious trouble (not protecting the children, and such). This concept was a huge thing in Australia (still is) because it wasn't until earlier this year that we had an adults-only rating for video games, so games with lots of violent and sexual content were outright banned because they were not appropriate for the highest rating at the time, MA 15+ (for 15yr olds at the minimum), and this included popular titles like Mortal Kombat and L4D2.

Now, I'm not sure how thoroughly ESRB researches their games before they give it a restriction. I know the Australian Classification Board actually plays the games (just a portion, because they also need to cover movies and television so they can't invest all their time into games) and judge it based on that. Sometimes things have been released and then banned after because of something uncovered after release (GTA 3, for example).

If this is something that actually gets up your goat, it is something you need to speak to your Government about, and if you get enough support, you can actually change stuff. I mean, it took about a decade here in Aus, but we now have our adults-only rating for games, and it's only because enough people complained about it.

But on another note, what's hilarious is that this game is rated PG here, which means there aren't any restrictions at all.
I don't know about Australia, but in America it's not a requirement to restrict the selling of games. Nintendo doesn't need to comply with anything; they just choose to do so, though whether it's because they want to maintain a family-friendly image or genuinely want to do so, I don't know.

Starting Bridge to the Turnabout

Maya's trapped, Pearl is missing, Phoenix is hospitalized, I get to run around as Edgeworth with Gumshoe, and Womanfred Von Karma's back.

I think I'm gonna like this chapter.

Back