Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

Can't say I'm a fan of 'em.

Just hold on one more month guys, we can do this!

I'm just sad that it comes out within 12 days of Pokemon and I don't know which one I'm going to choose. D:

On a complete other note, my list of favourites is:
1. Apollo Justice, for an array of reasons. I adore Ema, I adore the characters, I loved the development of Phoenix and Ema, I adore Ema, had so much fun in the cases (I will never understand why Turnabout Serenade is so disliked), I adore Ema, Trucy was easily the most interesting and ballsy of the partners to date (despite Kay actually being a thief), I adore Ema... etc...
2. Tie between Phoenix Wright, Trials and Tribulations and Investigations. Phoenix Wright because it was an amazing introduction and set up for the series and Rise from the Ashes is one of my favourite story arcs in any sort of media ever and is definitely my favourite case of the series. Trials and Tribulations had the best spread of interesting cases out of the three but none of them stood out as much as RftA and I didn't like the characters as much as AJ. Investigations, while I don't think it had the best story arc or is as 'good' as the other two games listed, I really enjoyed the new mechanics they played around with, the development of Edgeworth, the character dynamics (especially the sibling-like ones between Edgeworth and Franziska) and just the overall appreciation of them trying something new. I just wish it had stayed as an Ema game.
5. Justice for All. I don't consider it a 'bad' game. I mean, I like Franziska and the Matt Engarde case is definitely one of my favourites in the series, but Lost Turnabout and Turnabout Big Top really kill it for me. Lost Turnabout because as much as I understand that it is necessary to support new players to a series, it was a very poor way of executing it (though I do like Maggie Bryde). I also didn't like Turnabout Big Top because I just didn't like the characters and, although the series isn't at all realistic, I was completely taken out of the experience when they convicted Max because his hat was there. It was dead from the beginning.

So yeah...

I played through it
As it was a demo, it was fairly simple but I wantedxto carry on.
I think the mood matrix is quite interesting
The cutscene was beautiful ;-;

THE TRAILER AT THE END THOUGH
Did I see a brief moment of 3D Klavier??!!! *fangirls self to death*

So Simon's 'Shut it' has been trabslated to 'Silence!' Seems logical

Not touching the demo or looking at any more trailers. I mustn't spoil any is the things.

Still gutted it's rated M, seeing as there's probably no way I'm gonna slip that rating past my parents if I were to ask for the game. Still going to try, but I haven't got high hopes.

Icemario11 said:
Still gutted it's rated M, seeing as there's probably no way I'm gonna slip that rating past my parents if I were to ask for the game. Still going to try, but I haven't got high hopes.
*Laughs because I am 16 and can buy it anyway*

You know its download only so it is easier to get past your parents.
I knoda of wish it was physical though just so I could whip out my ID and be like YEA I'M OLD ENOUGH 8)

レイチェル said:
Not touching the demo or looking at any more trailers. I mustn't spoil any is the things.
I have done a suprisingly good job at not spoiling
A few bits have been semi spoiled by fanart and such but mostly, I am unspoiled.
I also spoiled a few minor bits myself as well like who you play as in each case because I just wanted to know.

Played the demo yesterday.

I like it. Nice graphics, and relative puzzle to begin with. Bet they aren't all simple though, this was just a warm up.

レイチェル said:
The demo is the same as the first part of the full game. Well, except for the judge saying "There isn't much time in a demo after all."

Phantom L said:
Icemario11 said:
*Laughs because I am 16 and can buy it anyway*

You know its download only so it is easier to get past your parents.
I knoda of wish it was physical though just so I could whip out my ID and be like YEA I'M OLD ENOUGH 8)

It is easier to get by, but I'm lacking any method of getting £20 on to my 3DS' eShop Channel, so it's gonna be tricky.

I actually ended up playing the demo yesterday because I found it impossible to resist. I only know what was in the trailers and that demo now, and that's how I wish it to stay in terms of spoilers.

To be completely honest, as soon as I red that there was a demo, I immediately dropped what I was doing, ran to my 3DS, booted up the shop and just scrambled to download it. I am so excited over this game.

I did too.
Anyway, my opinions on the first case as a case from what I can tell from the demo
Its not bad. Its certainly not as dire as 2-1 but it's too obvious imo to challenge 4-1 as the best tuturial case. I prefer it to 1-1 too as its going to be longer. I hear that in the latter of the trial they find a fatality or something, which should make it interesting... Plus I liked the mood matrix personally. I think as a first case, its pretty decent. Maybe of a simular level to 3-1

Trucy Wright said:
To be completely honest, as soon as I red that there was a demo, I immediately dropped what I was doing, ran to my 3DS, booted up the shop and just scrambled to download it. I am so excited over this game.

i tried to do that, but it wasn't uploaded when i got to the eShop (it is now tho obviously)

so it seemed pretty great, i'm kinda sad that it was so short tho. the mood matrix looks like it'll be interesting, although probably a bit easy.

YES! The costume DLC will be available in other regions, and free if you buy the game during the first week or so. That casual Apollo, dkfhsalidhfvkugrfd, so beautiful.

Apollo_Justice's_new_casual_outfit_DLC.PNG

Trucy Wright said:

This.

Why exactly is the game going to be rated M instead of T? Is the ESRB getting stricter, or is this game gonna be gorier?

the m rating has me a bit unsettled, since i have a weak stomach so i'm worried that there'll be something that i won't be able to handle (i already had trouble with "reunion, and turnabout" at the scene where there's a blood covered dead nurse possessed maya)

i'm trying to convince myself that it won't be too bad since it's rated 16 by pegi and m by acb (which is basically 15 i think)

WolferLufe said:
Why exactly is the game going to be rated M instead of T? Is the ESRB getting stricter, or is this game gonna be gorier?
From what I've seen, this game is filled with blood and gory details.

Back