Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

my friend got this

i probably won't be getting it for a while

cry

Playing thought Case 2 right now.

I really didn't like that they showed who the culprit was on this one in the beginning, since it more or less took out some of the fun.

But apart from that, it's been fun. I sure miss examining every single room though.

just finished it i was pretty suprised when

Why would you read this? Do you WANT to be spoiled? Come on now.

Guiliant said:

Why post if you have nothing useful to say about the game?

Xpike said:
Guiliant said:

Why post if you have nothing useful to say about the game?
1331061956178.jpg

I'm up to case 3

ARGHHHH KLAVIER HUSBANDO!

So far I have been loving it. The main problem is the fact the investigations have been forced linear because of how we can't examine certain places and I am not the guest fan of Bobby. Plus the POV changes are a wee bit... Schizophrenic, if you know what I'm getting at.

Case 1 was good for a first case, even though they showed the culprit.

I really liked case 2 as even though they did show the culprit in the opening, it was a tough going case and reminded me of 1-2

Case 3 seems interesting and AGHHH KLAVIER. I would have liked him to be the actual prosecutor for the case or at least some of it as I love him and he needs more love and a bit more CD (I still think he is more developed as a character than Franziska before AAI when they beefed her out a bit) but its keeping quiet on the culprit. However, I did stumble upon one spoiler which means I THINK I know who did it. I may be wrong though. Hugh is actually the lovechild of Byakuya Togami and Rei Ryugazaki...

Phantom L said:
I'm up to case 3

ARGHHHH KLAVIER HUSBANDO!

So far I have been loving it. The main problem is the fact the investigations have been forced linear because of how we can't examine certain places and I am not the guest fan of Bobby. Plus the POV changes are a wee bit... Schizophrenic, if you know what I'm getting at.

Case 1 was good for a first case, even though they showed the culprit.

I really liked case 2 as even though they did show the culprit in the opening, it was a tough going case and reminded me of 1-2

Case 3 seems interesting and AGHHH KLAVIER. I would have liked him to be the actual prosecutor for the case or at least some of it as I love him and he needs more love and a bit more CD (I still think he is more developed as a character than Franziska before AAI when they beefed her out a bit) but its keeping quiet on the culprit. However, I did stumble upon one spoiler which means I THINK I know who did it. I may be wrong though. Hugh is actually the lovechild of Byakuya Togami and Rei Ryugazaki...

For some reason I also loved that Klavier returned, at least for one moment (and I loved the mock trail). I wished Trucy was still helping you on investigations too, but at least they gave us an in-game reason as to why that's not happening. Also, it feels good not knowing anything about the culprit in this case, and to top it off it's actually an interesting scenario.

oh my god i suddenly understand why his name is Ted Tonate

sometimes these puns take a while to register in my mind

I think we should start putting what exactly the spoiler is of.

Well, Case 3 was really really good. I loved the ending and Athena doing something awesome that I think neither Wright nor Apollo would ever do. (And that tactical espionage action shout-out at the end).

But holy crap poor Apollo, I hope everything turns out ok for him.

i did it
i finished the game
i really liked how they did the mood matrix, especially how they didn't limit themselves just to making you look for emotions that shouldn't be there, but instead making you also look for emotions that should be there but aren't.

i really didn't see the twist with fulbright coming, although i feel it would've been better if it was the actual fulbright and not some faceless spy, but w/e

i also liked how many references to previous games there were, from smal things like mentioning how phoenix had been hit on the head and lost his memory in a previous trial, to bigger things like the letter from maya and also the black psyche-locks
i loved the music and the graphics, and the story was fantastic
this game is truly amazing and anyone who hasn't got it yet should buy it asap

I also finished the game, staying up until 5:30AM in the process.
I really liked it, I would rank it below Trials and Tribulations, because even if the final case isn't that strong, the whole collection of cases is really strong.

My four days away mean I still haven't completed it yet...
I'm into case 4 now
My ovaries exploded when I saw animated Klavier.

Case 4 seems a good un and I like how everything is connecting together now and I cannot wait to see how the game finishes up. This game is right up with PW and T&T, not sure exactly where I will place it yet but based on the first 3 and a bit cases, I would say it could be my favorite in the series as long as the ending is good as there hasn't been a dud case yet.

I personally think that the game could have done with 6 cases rather than 5 (I already spoiled myself on how many cases) but w/e. I'm loving it

Also, will the ending make me cry, for those who have completed the game?

Klavier Gavin said:
My four days away mean I still haven't completed it yet...
I'm into case 4 now
My ovaries exploded when I saw animated Klavier.

Case 4 seems a good un and I like how everything is connecting together now and I cannot wait to see how the game finishes up. This game is right up with PW and T&T, not sure exactly where I will place it yet but based on the first 3 and a bit cases, I would say it could be my favorite in the series as long as the ending is good as there hasn't been a dud case yet.

I personally think that the game could have done with 6 cases rather than 5 (I already spoiled myself on how many cases) but w/e. I'm loving it

Also, will the ending make me cry, for those who have completed the game?
The ending is really good one, but it doesn't reach the emotional level of T&T's or JFA's, so no.
Also, there's more or less only 4 cases, because the 5th one is the same as the 4th one.

Klavier Gavin said:
technically it has (or rather, will have) 6 cases because there's a dlc case

Ah ok, I do cry easily though.

Based on what I have heard about the last two cases, it could have really done with an extra case. Maybe one which took place before 4 and after 3 which would be a Phoenix vs Simon case and maybe their could have been some interaction with Clay in that case as it really would have been nice to interact with him as he was such a good friend of Apollo's from what I have seen. If they had done that they could have had Klavier prosecuted for some of case 3 and Simon still would have had ample screentime. Saying that, I haven't completed it yet and i am just going on bits I have heard. I know there is the DLC case too but stilllll.....

I have heard a lot of people complain about Athena a lot, what is you opinion on her? IMO I think it is just original trilogy fanboys/girls getting all butthurt because of the fact that Maya isn't the main assistant.

The DLC case is Phoenix vs. Simon, and I really think that was just a normal case that was cut from the game because Cacpcon.

Also I haven't really seen much people complaining about Athena, she's really well written and like I said earlier, Case 3 shows that she has a more...unconventional approach to solving cases, which is really cool.

Yeah, I have seen quite a few people being quite critical about the returning characters and Athena's and even Simon's importance in the game.

I honestly didn't think the cameos were handled too badly, they brought back the right characters imo and I liked their inclusions. However, like I said an extra case would have been nice as that way Klavier, Trucy and Pearl could have got more screentime and chance for development. Edgeworth's appearnce is handled well from what I have seen if him so far.

I am in case 5 and I can say that I don't get the Athena hate as I like her and her importance even though she does overshadow Phoenix and Apollo a little but all the slander I have seen is kind of uncalled for and I don't think she is a 'Mary Sue' as some people have labelled her, I have seen the same to a lesser extent with Simon. Simon has grown on me as on his initial reveal I didn't think much of him and was annoyed as I was hoping that Apollo would be the prosecutor. However, he is now right up there with my favorite characters.

Anyway, I reckon Bobby is behind it all as he seems to knows too much and I did accidently see a few spoilery pics on tumblr which make me think this too. If it does end up like that, it will be interesting as the detective has never been a villain before, though Gant could be considered sort of simular.

Left my 3DS at my parents house so no AA or Pogemanz, or at least not until the end of the week.

It's going to be a loooooong week. ;_;

Still in the second case. I hate the new Detective.

Klavier Gavin said:
Yeah, I have seen quite a few people being quite critical about the returning characters and Athena's and even Simon's importance in the game.

I honestly didn't think the cameos were handled too badly, they brought back the right characters imo and I liked their inclusions. However, like I said an extra case would have been nice as that way Klavier, Trucy and Pearl could have got more screentime and chance for development. Edgeworth's appearnce is handled well from what I have seen if him so far.

I am in case 5 and I can say that I don't get the Athena hate as I like her and her importance even though she does overshadow Phoenix and Apollo a little but all the slander I have seen is kind of uncalled for and I don't think she is a 'Mary Sue' as some people have labelled her, I have seen the same to a lesser extent with Simon. Simon has grown on me as on his initial reveal I didn't think much of him and was annoyed as I was hoping that Apollo would be the prosecutor. However, he is now right up there with my favorite characters.

Anyway, I reckon Bobby is behind it all as he seems to knows too much and I did accidently see a few spoilery pics on tumblr which make me think this too. If it does end up like that, it will be interesting as the detective has never been a villain before, though Gant could be considered sort of simular.
wasn't luke atmey a detective? also, bobby is pretty suspicious.... i guess I'm at the same point as you, then.

I finished it and I was right.
It was a great game, I know some people didn't like it that much but I fucking loved it and I could not put it down. It wasn't without its flaws as it could have done with one more case and some more referances to plotholes in previous games but I loved it all the same and it is my personal favorite in the series as I really liked all the cases.

The ending was a bot weird but great and leaves space for ace attorney 6. I was right about Bobby. Simon somehow grew on my even more in the latter part of the case... He is defo one of my favorite characters in the series now, I also really like Athena too and Juniper was a great secondary character. Anyway, I lovved it and I cannot wait for the DLC case. It is heavily implied there will be a 6th game which will be the last in the second triligy. It could be a good un as there is both the GS5 plot and the AJ plot which need tying up and together. I really liked how Phoenix's dosbarrment tied in with the whole game as I was worried it would be swept under the carpet...

Tl;dr I really liked it

Back