Glowsquid post statements from wikis that amuses him

Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals came out in 2007 though, Madagascar was released in 2005.

Anyways:

I love useless trivia sections on wikis.
Oops. I must have read the wrong date.

Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals came out in 2007 though, Madagascar was released in 2005.

Anyways:

I love useless trivia sections on wikis.
Some wikis really like loading every useless fact they can think of into trivia sections or some equivalent, I appreciate MarioWiki's trivia policy a lot because of that...

Wikisimpsons references/trivia pages said:
  • Flanders acts very violent, though he usually isn't.
  • Seymour Skinner is in front of the Museum when you get him to join the mob.
  • The show Krusty hosts is called Last Gasp with Krusty the Clown.
  • Mr. Burns' plan to get rid of his nuclear waste is to put it in a rocket and shoot it into the Amazon Rainforest.
  • At the end of the episode, Ralph states "The rat is a sign of obviousness." He then smiles slightly, hinting that Ralph may have been the one true Rat.
  • In reality, Dwight would have been too heavy to be able to stay afloat on Jaffee's kite.

(from https://twitter.com/Yatsuzume/status/1382640049083314178)

Lots of Gradius players hate that especially when they've got hit a bunch of times, but a good strategy to avoid that is as soon as Zelos fires his beams push pause to see where they're going then unpause when you see them.

Ah yes pause scumming, the classic strategy for any reaction-based game.

Ukikipedia said:
Floor Cucking or Surface Cucking (a.k.a. Floor Overshadowing) is a phenomenon that occurs when 2 floors or 2 ceilings (both need not be floors, despite the name) are prioritized unintuitively. Triangles are prioritized by the height of their first vertex. This means that, for example, 2 floors can overlap each other, with the first being on average much higher than the second; however, if the first vertex of the second floor is higher than the first vertex of the first floor, the game will decide that the second floor is higher.

I know all of the words used here but put together like this I have zero idea what they want to tell me.

am mesmerized by the terribly written reception section on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_Alex_Cross

The book has received mixed to negative reviews. One review[where?] states: "The book [Kill Alex Cross] is just horrible. Right from the start. The president's kid getting kidnapped? Really? It's been done before. Not to mention, it's subplot – someone's poisoning the city's water supply? It may not be the worst Alex Cross book, but it is one of the most terrible books you will ever read. You'll try to forget about it after reading it." Reception has not all been negative, however, one positive review[where?] cited it as: "masterfully done. James Patterson at his best, if the series keeps going like this, I can't wait for the next book!"

Man, I non-ironically love finding Wikipedia articles that probably get very little traffic, so someone's irrelevant fluff/ramblings/borderline fanfiction has just remained in the article for days, weeks, or even months before it gets noticed.

One of my personal faves is how the article for Sweet'n Low had mentioning of someone sending a letter to their parent company to bring back the Pink Panther in their advertising:
Recently, a letter from Minneapolis told the chairman of the Cumberland Packing Corporation to bring the Pink Panther back on the boxes, packets, and on TV.

Which existed in the article from uhh July to November 2019, when I ended up on the article (don't ask why I was on the article for Sweet'n Low) and removed it.

The French Wikipedia page for everyone's 2nd least favourite sci-fi prequel series, Star Trek Entreprise, is really funny. It's clearly written by a fan of the show looking to "debunk" critcisisms of it -- the construction "Several American trekkies criticized/were shocked by [thing] BUT" appears far too often. A sampler:

==Philosophy==

The show perfectly illustrates the principles of the universe created by Gene Roddenberry

==Taboo Vulcan mind-meld==

Some American trekkies were at first shocked than the Vulcan society depicted in Entreprise stgmatizes and has made criminal the Vulcan Mind Meld [...] but this development was fully intentional from the creators to depict the evolution of Vulcan society

==Continuity adherence==

During its first airing, some American fans were under the impression that Enterprise went against the continuity established in prior Star Trek productions. However, these were not internal contradictions or canon violations, but intentional contributions to the chronology and mandatory complexifications of historical causalities.

Like, there's no pretense of neutral POV here lmao.

@Reko Yabusame pointed me toward the funniest TV Tropes page, "Froghand", not so much a page describing an obscure internet blog but a monument to one man's proportionate ego.

The page was created and primarly written by one "Froge" throughout 2016. This quickly becomes obvious.

Written and designed by one faceless, nameless, bisexual
external_link.gif
, furry
external_link.gif
, pirating
external_link.gif
, free software-using
external_link.gif
, Canadian
external_link.gif
(probably), workaholic
external_link.gif
, incredibly manly
external_link.gif
upstanding young bloke named Froge (and not "Froghand" as so many have been misled),

His achievements are great.

He talks about every subject with the full respect it deserves, such as 6,000 words
external_link.gif
about Bioshock Infinite, 12,000 words
external_link.gif
about The Beginner's Guide (which caused the developer to read his blog), and his 21,000 word rant
external_link.gif
against Valve Software, which caused him to be banned from numerous subreddits
external_link.gif

He is modest.

His audience is few but his acclaim is great

He sees no problem with sharing his thoughtful verbiage to the word (that his closing words include a dedication to Winston Rowntree is entirely unsurprising)

1634350397689.png

(Nearly every entry is like this)

He shows great skill at example indentation

1634350461062.png

The locals, however, were distinctly unimpressed

I found the page about this blog, Froghand while looking at some random tropes, and, to put it in simple terms, the page is a mess.

I'm not going into personal opinions regarding the blogger itself, since i never heard about him before and he seems to be a blog version of Zero Punctuation who suffers heavily from Delusions of Eloquence,

having looked up page creator they are called 'froge' and only did edits in 2006,which includes creating that page,I would be tempted to dismiss as a troll page

Yeah, this is pretty clearly just some guy talking about his life and misusing the Blog/ namespace. It's not for just any blog you find on the internet, it's specifically for blogs that are used to tell a fictional story. And I feel like if it hadn't been done by the author himself, the excessive amount of quoting on the article could be considered plagiarism.

Little do they know.

Last edited:
So many damn articles on TV Tropes (and sometimes Wikipedia, to be fair) seem to be written entirely for people who are already well-versed in a certain TV series/comic book/movie/etc. fandom.

Why have I only just now started reading this thread?

Otaku: Believe it or not, loads.
  • Lord Hanta was a massive one. How? In his 'alternate review' of Garfield: Caught in the Act, which was much better than its mediocre NES big brother, he was pretty angry, starting with how Nintendo Hard and annoying the game is, ending with him cursing the Garfield franchise. He also reviewed a Ranma ½ fighting game which not only was slightly better than Yie Ar Kung Fu gameplay-wise, but also got a bastardized US 'localization' named Street Combat, and had nothing bad to say about it, and even gave a detailed description of every character!
OK so what the hell does Garfield have to do with this 'Lord Hanta' person being an otaku?

An earlier revision of the article also noted that he was a fan of Duke Nukem, which again, what does that have to do with being an otaku?

At least Ranma 1/2 is a Japanese comic so that counts

(Click the folder that says 'Hardware' then scroll down until you get to the section about the Tiger Electronics R-Zone. Sorry IDK how to properly link shit on TV Tropes because they don't use MediaWiki like a normal wiki should)

It mostly seems normal, talking about why the R-Zone was a horrible piece of hardware in all its variations until you get to the last sentence in the section.

chrome_bawIHnD64R.png

Yeah anyone else think that the person who added this sentence had been holding a grudge against Tiger Electronics for literal years because they spoiled the White Ranger's identity or is it just me?

An earlier revision of the article also noted that he was a fan of Duke Nukem, which again, what does that have to do with being an otaku?

I noticed there's something of an overlap between boomer shooter fanbase and weebs but I don't think that's what that editor was going for

Back