Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
MnSG said:
memoryman3 said:
It's called balancing work. All Meta Knight's special moves now put him in a helpless state, which can be deadly for him if mistimed. The air speed buff was needed for him to not be completely useless. It's kinda like how lightweights in MK8 can't hit 4-5 speed because then they would be seriously overpowered in all situations.

Still, even if Meta Knight's air speed was set to 0.8, he could still make it back onto the stage with his diverse recovery options. Mach Tornado and Drill Rush pretty much mitigate any air speed problems, and Meta Knight doesn't even have to use up all of his mid-air jumps.

And just as a side note, Meta Knight's special moves left him helpless in Brawl as well.
I think you're missing the point. Meta Knight is good, but he's far more balanced than Brawl. He has all these good tools and utilities but more of the cast is on his level so he's not dominat and overbearing. I'd rather have a bunch of people be really good than have one character far ahead of the rest of the pack. Meta Knight is now good and balanced. Instead of being good and ahead of everyone else.

The higher tier characters are fine as is and don't need nerfs. What's needed are buffs to the low tiers. Especially Puff.

GalacticPetey said:
The higher tier characters are fine as is and don't need nerfs.

That's heavily debatable when you start talking about the top ranked fighters like Cloud though, since some people think that his Limit Break boosted Cross Slash needs to be toned down with the knockback.

Similarly, there are those who want to see Rosalina's Luma have its knockback strength nerfed, since the high base knockback that some of its attacks have (such as the u-air and sweetspotted u-tilt) enable it to take advantage of the rage mechanic.

GalacticPetey said:
What's needed are buffs to the low tiers. Especially Puff.

Let's not forget Kirby. Unlike Meta Knight, Kirby's recovery options are very limited, and his recovery is hindered by the fact that his air speed is poor, and Final Cutter doesn't offer much horizontal distance. Buffing Kirby's air speed to about 1 would at least be a blessing for him.

And the same can also be said for some of the Final Smashes. The most notable is Giga Bowser, since for someone who outsizes just about anyone who's set to 2.4x-size, he's quite underwhelming on offense when compared to a 1.7x-sized Bowser. And the problem increases even further with an 8 second time limit, which hurts Giga Bowser's chances of making even one KO before the transformation time expires.

One thing I hope for when it comes to future Smash games is that they keep Zelda and Sheik and also Samus and ZSS separated. I like it more that way.

I decided to improve my moveset edits to Giga Bowser a bit further today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q3kZpMvRyV4Nm6LDhuqvaDeN8UZkzSucG5fTN70xRNo/edit?usp=sharing

The most notable change is to the Bowser Bomb's landing hitbox; it now has a larger hitbox, which affects anyone who stands near the landing shock wave.

I also made a table that shows the changes...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j0NIdzFGCHZWWy9kNfUEZaDk6TOY6ra-6qPzxhsmFQo/edit?usp=sharing

Note: EF3E3778 is the moveset data for Giga Bowser's Fire Breath. That has not been modified in any way.

Edit: I recently made additional changes, so one of the links has been changed.

I like this game, I purchased it on the day of release. It's sad that they are likely not to make another one.

The only problem I have with the game- Mario is the worst character. You would think he would be great, but he's not. The only good thing about him is his Final Smash.

I normally play as Samus or Zero Suit. Those two are great!

Toad-Party said:
The only problem I have with the game- Mario is the worst character. You would think he would be great, but he's not. The only good thing about him is his Final Smash.

Mario is actually a viable contender in Smash 3DS / Wii U. He received huge improvements when compared to his lackluster performance in Brawl.

Toad-Party said:
I like this game, I purchased it on the day of release. It's sad that they are likely not to make another one.

I normally play as Samus or Zero Suit. Those two are great!
Umm, Mario is ranked sixth in this game. He's never been better. Meanwhile Samus is ranked 41st. Zero Suit Samus is pretty solid though.

Toad-Party said:

they will probably make another one

also, about Mario...

That's just my opinion from how I play. I am 20 times better as Samus than Mario because for me Mario is one of the worst to play as.

Should've worded it more clearly then. "I'm bad with Mario" would've gotten the point across better.

I guess Mario doesn't suit your playstyle, and I'm okay with that. But you can't make a general statement beyond that.

Now, you can point your finger at Konami, corporate bastards. Completely their fault.

Yeah it's kinda like my history with Fox; he's usually one of the best characters but I am notoriously garbage with him.

I don't even know if I'm playing Bayonetta right though I've had success with her.

I know I'm pretty bad with Fox and I have trouble KOing with Sonic. Actually, I think I'm not that great with anyone not named Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi...

Toad-Party said:

Saying he's the worst character as if Jigglypuff doesn't exist.

I split my favourites into two categories. Fun & Glory.

Fun:
Mr. Game & Watch (most used and favourite character)
King Dedede
Pac-Man
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Kirby
Ness

Glory:
Sonic
Falco
Luigi

EDIT: What was I thinking...

T-Rex Mario said:
I split my favourites into two categories. Fun & Glory.

Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch (most used and favourite character)
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Duck Hunt
Pac-Man
Mega Man

Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Greninja

no cloud

bad list

Here are the characters I use the most:

Donkey Kong for fun and for glory in all games.

Peach for glory in Melee and SSB4, for fun in Brawl.

Zelda for glory in Brawl and SSB4, for fun in Melee.

Those spoiler tags are annoying. Just saying.

I use Mario for fun and for serious reasons. Mario is my only character for serious reasons, but I think I've dabbled with Luigi. Not confident enough to use Dr. Mario successfully. For fun, I'm a bit more relaxed, using Bayonetta, Kirby, and Palutena.

Sm4sh recently got a new update, and all it does is add amiibo support for the upcoming Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin amiibo. No rebalancing, so your replays in theory shouldn't break.

Back