Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
As bad as I am in smash, those ca. 2 1/2 years of prerelease hype were a good time

Mienshao said:
I'm with ya. In a way, pre-release Smash hype and speculation can be just as much fun as the game itself.
I can still remember watching characters like Mega Man, Greninja, Cloud, etc. get revealed and flipping out in front of my computer.

And waking up every morning for the pic of the day, and occasionally being surprised by veterans being revealed. It was such a fun time.

The hype when the image was even slightly delayed because it meant we might get a new character

The disappointment when that didnt happen

The Robin/Lucina reveal blowing that one leak out of the water and hyping everyone for newcomers

Nothing will ever come close to that wave of hype the daily pictures induced. It was a phenomenon that I doubt Nintendo will do again

I remember when my friend and I were stuck in school during the Smash Ballot announcements so we just had to update the Google search to figure out who was becoming DLC.

Good times.

GalacticPetey said:
Mienshao said:
I'm with ya. In a way, pre-release Smash hype and speculation can be just as much fun as the game itself.
I can still remember watching characters like Mega Man, Greninja, Cloud, etc. get revealed and flipping out in front of my computer.

Nothing will ever top the Mega Man trailer for me. Nothing.

I do expect a Smash 4 port to Switch being officially revealed at E3. I just don't know what to expect regarding any extra content. Especially in terms of any extra content, at first I thought that Amiibo thing promised at least one extra character. But then we got shown that there are extra amiibo for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta respectively (Which seems unfair to fans of the female Robin but w/e) but since the news said there's be only one extra amiibo with a ??? and not three, does that mean a Switch exclusive character is still possible? I'm confused right now about that.

What I do expect is all the DLC built-in just like with MK8 Deluxe. I just don't know about anything else.

I can't see a port coming out with no new characters. If I were a betting man I'd say a Smash for Switch would essentially be the Wii U game, all the DLC included, some 3DS stages added, and two characters (Inkling and Ice Climbers), and two stages to go along with them. Maybe custom moves for the DLC characters.

Oh and some roster balance, like finally buffing Jigglypuff.

Two player co-cop Smash Run or bust

GalacticPetey said:
I can't see a port coming out with no new characters. If I were a betting man I'd say a Smash for Switch would essentially be the Wii U game, all the DLC included, some 3DS stages added, and two characters (Inkling and Ice Climbers), and two stages to go along with them. Maybe custom moves for the DLC characters.

Oh and some roster balance, like finally buffing Jigglypuff.

This would be really really meh. Mario Kart spiced it up with the pink boost and the battle mode....but was missing stuff like new racing courses and new amiibo suits. The last thing Smash needs is a port.

Smash can easily spice it up with a Smash Run from Smash 3DS ported to the console version of the game, alongside new options and features for Smash Run (like the cut co-op Smash Run, which can be made for the Switch version). Also, new characters like Inklings and Ice Climbers would be neat picks. They both would add something new to the game; new characters in Smash is pretty much equal to new Mario Kart tracks.

Compared to what Smash can do, Mario Kart barely did anything except added a mode that should have been there in the first place and having a pink fart cloud come out of your tires.

Let's not forget that MK8D really messed up with the stat balancing.

Smash 3DS / Wii U has had its share of ups and downs with the roster, but the last thing a Smash Switch port needs is seeing nerfs that no one ever asked for. I highly doubt that anyone ever asked to see Falco get nerfed as heavily as he did.

MnSG said:
Let's not forget that MK8D really messed up with the stat balancing.

If you didn't actually play the game to see how Handling, Acceleration and Mini Turbo make lightweights infinitely more viable...then yeah.

memoryman3 said:
If you didn't actually play the game to see how Handling, Acceleration and Mini Turbo make lightweights infinitely more viable...then yeah.

Too bad that Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are the best characters, in terms of stat totals alone.

Anyway, like I said before, the main concern about a Smash 3DS / Wii U port for the Switch would be that it could give certain characters changes that no one ever asked for.

GalacticPetey said:
Meta Knight and ICs were the ones who really needed a nerf.

And yet Smash 3DS / Wii U buffed Meta Knight's air speed. All of his special moves have recovery purposes, so that would've easily overcame the poor air mobility, even without the ability to glide.

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:

And yet Smash 3DS / Wii U buffed Meta Knight's air speed. All of his special moves have recovery purposes, so that would've easily overcame the poor air mobility, even without the ability to glide.

It's called balancing work. All Meta Knight's special moves now put him in a helpless state, which can be deadly for him if mistimed. The air speed buff was needed for him to not be completely useless. It's kinda like how lightweights in MK8 can't hit 4-5 speed because then they would be seriously overpowered in all situations.

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yet he's 14th on the tier list, in B tier, and is not banned from tournaments.

However, likely due to his dominance in Brawl, he received heavy nerfs in the transition to SSB4: his unrivaled attack speed, range, recovery and overall damage output have been toned down, while the transcendent priority on his attacks has been completely removed, weakening his approach options. When combined with his lack of a projectile, these changes give him a harder time overcoming camping strategies. Although Meta Knight's high falling speed is an important aspect of his mobility, it is also detrimental due to his light weight, as they leave him vulnerable to both combos and KOs. His survivability is also exacerbated by the nerfs to his recovery, with the most notable example being the removal of gliding.

memoryman3 said:
It's called balancing work. All Meta Knight's special moves now put him in a helpless state, which can be deadly for him if mistimed. The air speed buff was needed for him to not be completely useless. It's kinda like how lightweights in MK8 can't hit 4-5 speed because then they would be seriously overpowered in all situations.

Still, even if Meta Knight's air speed was set to 0.8, he could still make it back onto the stage with his diverse recovery options. Mach Tornado and Drill Rush pretty much mitigate any air speed problems, and Meta Knight doesn't even have to use up all of his mid-air jumps.

And just as a side note, Meta Knight's special moves left him helpless in Brawl as well.

Back