Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
If something huge were to have happened, it most likely would've had some impact on the 3DS version as well.

So I tried 9.0 again with some funny equipment set-ups.

200 Defence Bowser made it a cakeslowalk because very little knocked me about, 200 Attack Marth made tippers hilariously devastating, and they both completely dominated the mode without trouble, Bowser more so.

Might try 200 Speed Sonic later, that'll be great.

Northern Verve said:
Lyn said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3j5uzn/server_maintenance_is_done_new_tourney_formats/

Not really sure why people were expecting anything significant.

Likely because every maintenance before this came at the same time as DLC getting added and/or a Balance Patch. Not to mention the looming rumors about Shovel Knight, Professor Layton, etc. going on
It feels waaaaay too soon for anything of substance imo.

EDIT: No two stock but Master Core was entertaining, mainly used bairs and u-smashes on the Giant but the Beast was mostly back and forth fairs with a side of smash (literally pfft). Blades limited my exploitation (was where it took a stock)because you can't really go over them during the rapid combo prep without major jump buffs, but I was able to reach them easily during the five-hit, albeit not very practically.

Shadow was kinda underwhelming, with attack nerfs (-100ish) they really aren't even remotely terrifying because nothing 1HKOs and you can easily outwit it without threat of getting suddenly smashed at the start. The hands were fairly tricky, if I'm to be honest. They're easy to hit with all the potential air time but this was too fresh to know what really works so I took 40% damage going in, pretty horrible.

Lyn said:

200 Defence Bowser made it a cakeslowalk because very little knocked me about, 200 Attack Marth made tippers hilariously devastating, and they both completely dominated the mode without trouble, Bowser more so.

Yeah, nutty equips are insane sometimes all the time. Ever take a foe from 0% to 500% in a single hit? I know I have.

You should try out Mario with Leaper Shoes, Double-Jump Boost Shoes, and Hi-Jump Shoes. I haven't done 9.0 with him, but I imagine it's so easy to dodge attacks.

Marf said:
Lyn said:

Yeah, nutty equips are insane sometimes all the time. Ever take a foe from 0% to 500% in a single hit? I know I have.
I made Ganondorf's percent shoot from 80ish percent to 150ish in Smash attack, although it's given that Ganondork had a power build as well.

maximum overneat

as in i am really hype for this stage in the pretty much confirmed september patch for smash

So...is the stage free or....

It COULD mean that there will be an update to add slopes. I'd hope that.

Well Nintendo desperately wants me to kill my wallet. Can't really blame them, I got my murder tools out.

Anyone notice when we saw the stage select screen, there seemed to be room for another stage to complete the shape. We'll probably get another stage.

GalacticPetey said:
Project M has a Bowser Castle stage.

Project M lets me put Baby Luigi into the game, it's not really a fair comparison :/

Brawl lets you put Baby Luigi into the game, too, in that case

Project M has a standard set and is identified as its own game because of how popular its standard set is, you know

Yeah but you can run Project M without installing homebrew, which allows you to install Riivolution and therefore hack any game that lets you do so, and whatever, making Project M a different case. By modifying the Project M hackless package, you're theoretically able to insert your own hacks into the game without ever running Homebrew.

But we're getting off-topic. Project M is obviously far more flexible than the other games, simply because it's hackable, so of course it will have an advantage. It's a pretty silly comparison.

Yeah I know that, obviously. But saying Project M is better than "this official thing or whatever" or it has done something first and did it better is something that's totally obvious, because it gives users flexibility on how they want their game to be played, whether it wants to or not. Project M in itself already modifies pre-existing game's files, and if you know how it works (which isn't necessarily hard), it's easy to swap out files and stuff so it matches your needs, unlike totally bypassing the system and installing Homebrew/Riivolution in it which allows to you install whatever patches.

Back