Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Smash tournies don't use tournament mode, so yeah.

Mario Party X said:
Smash tournies don't use tournament mode, so yeah.
So it's not coming because(for some likely dumb reason) the very thing that was meant to be used for tournaments(tournament mode) is not being used for tournament mode?

I myself find it to be a stupid mode, but at least it was funny back in Melee when I made a 64-person tourney, and I was one Mario head surrounded by a sea of Ganondorf heads on the tourney screen.

Nysic said:
Mario Party X said:
Thanks.

I think I'm going to nickname "Sm4sh" as "Smush", but again, it's hard coming up for creative typos for a terribly uncreative name.

what about s4msh
Samsh... hmmmm... I like Smush more because it sounds like stepping on a really disgusting insect... not does that have to do with anything.

Ernest: The Tournament mode that was present in Melee and Brawl is coming later. Presumably at the same time or sometime after the Mewtwo DLC is out. There will also be an Online Tournament mode that's in a way like putting the groups from Mario Kart 7 & 8 in Smash 4.

I'm still wondering myself if Smash World is a mystery mode that also has yet to get in the game. Because from I hear, Smash Tour isn't called Smash World in a different region. And the file was found along with 8-Player Smash and the Special Orders modes before the 50 Facts direct officially revealed them.

Lumastar said:
Who says Smash World will actually happen? It could have been the original name for Smash Tour.

It just seems weird it'd be the one audio file out of the many modes that were leaked before they were even officially revealed that is the outlier of not having a presence whatsoever. So maybe while there is a chance Smash World is some weird original name before Smash Tour and/or Smash Run was coined instead or a scrapped mode entirely that somehow the audio clip remains in the data of the final game. I feel until we find out that was the case. We can still speculate on what Smash World is, or at the very least what it was going to be.

Watch Smash World be a mode where only Miis can be used.

Freakworld said:
I my daydreams Smash World is a DLC story mode
would people actually want another story mode though, subspace was a grind

Oh please not another Subspace bullshit. Subspace was horrible, except for the awesome cutscenes. If they are to make another story mode, it should be a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, but with a completely different gameplay.

Anser said:
Oh please not another Subspace bull*bleep*. Subspace was horrible, except for the awesome cutscenes. If they are to make another story mode, it should be a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, but with a completely different gameplay.
What kind of gameplay do you have in mind.

Stanley the Troll said:
I loved everything about Subspace. But that may be because I have nostalgia for it.
Agreed.

ernesth100 said:
Anser said:
Oh please not another Subspace bull*bleep*. Subspace was horrible, except for the awesome cutscenes. If they are to make another story mode, it should be a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, but with a completely different gameplay.

Honestly, I have no idea. Just something different from the Subspace Emissary.

Anser said:
ernesth100 said:
Anser said:

Honestly, I have no idea. Just something different from the Subspace Emissary.
Gameplay can stay the same, but make the enemies the ones from Smash Run (and then some?) and make the locations ones from actual Nintendo, rather than generic desert, generic lake, and generic ice mountain.

Magikrazy said:
Gameplay can stay the same, but make the enemies the ones from Smash Run (and then some?) and make the locations ones from actual Nintendo, rather than generic desert, generic lake, and generic ice mountain.
nah the gameplay needs a little tweaking so its not 'scroll this way, get trampled by weird enemies, fight a horde of them, go through a door, repeat', but I've got no idea what else could be done. we do need actual Nintendo locations/enemies though

i'd want another emissary if only for the cutscenes

Locations should be more nintendo themed and less generic.

ernesth100 said:
So it's not coming because(for some likely dumb reason) the very thing that was meant to be used for tournaments(tournament mode) is not being used for tournament mode?
Except Tournament mode was never meant to be used in actual tournaments. It's just there so that people can play and rotate out.

Anser said:
Even the cutscenes, IMO, were stupid.

Lifeless pissed off guy does some things and gets trophy-fied four times in a dark and gritty setting which accurately reflects Nintendo's normally dark and gritty worlds.

Give me a break.

Mario Party X said:
Anser said:

Lifeless pissed off guy does some things and gets trophy-fied four times in a dark and gritty setting which accurately reflects Nintendo's normally dark and gritty worlds.

Give me a break.

I get your point. I always found very stupid how Mario fought Yoshi in Mario's Misunderstanding or Link's Misunderstanding. I mean, aren't they pals? What I'm trying to say is that some cutscenes were epic and I really liked how the characters made unlikely pairs, like Mario-Pit, Peach/Zelda-Kirby, Samus-Pikachu, Link-Yoshi, etc. I'd love to see the new characters interact with each other. I'd kill to see Rosalina and Palutena paired up.

Anser said:
Mario Party X said:
Anser said:

Give me a break.

I get your point. I always found very stupid how Mario fought Yoshi in Mario's Misunderstanding or Link's Misunderstanding. I mean, aren't they pals? What I'm trying to say is that some cutscenes were epic and I really liked how the characters made unlikely pairs, like Mario-Pit, Peach/Zelda-Kirby, Samus-Pikachu, Link-Yoshi, etc. I'd love to see the new characters interact with each other. I'd kill to see Rosalina and Palutena paired up.
I found it a hailing moment that my favorite character is fighting my least favorite character, but that's personal bias. I admit, it was nice seeing the cutscenes where Mario goes on a date travels with Pit and it's cute how Pit acknowledges that in their guidance. Nevertheless, it feels kind of lifeless. I wish there were more facial expressions, dialogue, anything, and the characters have little of it. The cute tea scene is memorable due to facial expressions, character-to-character interaction, actual feelings being expressed, but I wish Subspace was more of that and less of angry people fight other set of angry people.

Hell, every time my sister uses Rosalina, I use Palutena. They look so good together. :)

So I think I can consider Wario one of my mains now (or at least a secondary). I've been playing him a lot and IMO I've gotten pretty dang good with him.

Back