Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:
Still, a high level AI should not cost 13 €, for only one character.

Why aren't the Amiibos worth the cost? Most figurines like that will cost you around $20-25 AUD which is slightly more than the RRP of the Amiibos, and they don't even have the chip inside.

13€ is still overpriced for what Amiibo do. But it isn't a joke like the others you say.

santanoice said:
Cirdec said:
I didn't see how Amiibo AI is, but if it's like classic 9.0 AI, I don't see the point of having an AI who has superhuman reflexes because you will never face any human with such reflexes.

My housemate is tourneypro, try again

And what? The Melee champion said he couldn't beat 3 level 9. Unfair AI doesn't make you good against real players. Plus I just learned at level 50 Amiido do more damage and knockback, so it's even more unfair and useless.

Cirdec said:
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:

Why aren't the Amiibos worth the cost? Most figurines like that will cost you around $20-25 AUD which is slightly more than the RRP of the Amiibos, and they don't even have the chip inside.

13€ is still overpriced for what Amiibo do. But it isn't a joke like the others you say.
Wait so you think a figurine with a computer inside - which is cheaper than most non-computer figurines - isn't worth the price because it has the added functionality of being a smart AI opponent?

Ok then.

Cirdec said:
And what? The Melee champion said he couldn't beat 3 level 9.
Must have been some crap competition then ayy :dk:

Cirdec said:
Unfair AI doesn't make you good against real players. Plus I just learned at level 50 Amiido do more damage and knockback, so it's even more unfair and useless.
Well yeah but no AI is going to make you 'good' against real players. Still makes them a lot more fun to fight than a bunch of piss-easy level 9 CPUs.

santanoice said:
Cirdec said:
Unfair AI doesn't make you good against real players. Plus I just learned at level 50 Amiido do more damage and knockback, so it's even more unfair and useless.
Well yeah but no AI is going to make you 'good' against real players. Still makes them a lot more fun to fight than a bunch of piss-easy level 9 CPUs.

Yeah fighting an AI who always dodge or perfect shield your moves and has higher power than normal is sure fun.

Cirdec said:
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:

I think you're forgetting the fact that Amiibo are not just for Smash Cirdec.

Cirdec said:
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:

Yeah fighting an AI who always dodge or perfect shield your moves and has higher power than normal is sure fun.
It's called practice. You should try it sometime.

Cirdec said:
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:

sounds easier then sc3 ai

whom know what you're gonna do before you even do it

Magikrazy said:
Cirdec said:
santanoice said:
Cirdec said:

It's called practice. You should try it sometime.

You just don't get my point.

what happened while I was gone- oh an amiibo debate
uh

there are figurines like that but without the chip for like $15-$25
and these are like $13 or $14
also they aren't just for sm4sh and they are pretty cool collectables

so there's my two cents
bye

Wally said:
Lumastar said:
ernesth100 said:
the jigglypuff event is so difficult. Finally put those kids to sleep. I am currently playing more Smash Tour.
It's not "Kirby's Crazy Appetite."

I did it on the third try, so maybe it's just me, but it didn't seem that bad.

Though I did the Jigglypuff one on the first try...
Lucky. It took me nearly a dozen times for "Kirby's Crazy Appetite." Then again, I was going for the reward.

Lumastar said:
Wally said:
Lumastar said:
ernesth100 said:
the jigglypuff event is so difficult. Finally put those kids to sleep. I am currently playing more Smash Tour.
It's not "Kirby's Crazy Appetite."

I did it on the third try, so maybe it's just me, but it didn't seem that bad.

Though I did the Jigglypuff one on the first try...
Lucky. It took me nearly a dozen times for "Kirby's Crazy Appetite." Then again, I was going for the reward.

So was I.

I can do 9 no problem...until Master Core.

Master Core is such a ridiculous spike in difficulty, no matter what intensity you're on. @_@

"After all we were planning on including so many characters, in the end this pace of announcing them was enough. Each and every character has fans, we wanted to drop as few as possible. About the order of which character has priority, the characters that don't have a new title coming up have an overwhelming disadvantage...even characters that we ended up including could have been left out if development had progressed differently. But even if one former character is left out, for the fans this is a huge thing. On our side, we are re-creating characters from the previous title, and keep on adding more, so the word 'reduce' is not appropriate. There are cases where we simply couldn't make it in the end, but on the whole we did a good job I think and the people at Bandai Namco Games did a great job. We had discussions on giving up on something many many times, Bowser Jr. was on the brink of being cut but the staff said 'We'll do our best!' and we made it." — Masahiro Sakurai

So Bowser Jr. was almost not in the game.

idk they say they want to please the fans... but at the same time he's like "we only want to include people who are going to be in new games" (which is obviously a double standard anyway. miyamoto has stated that captain falcon isn't getting a new game)

GalacticPetey said:
Makes you wonder who did end up being cut. I guess Wolf and Lucas just weren't as much of a priority.

My guess is Ice Climbers because they probably couldn't get around 3DS system limitations (if they even tried).

Nabber said:
idk they say they want to please the fans... but at the same time he's like "we only want to include people who are going to be in new games" (which is obviously a double standard anyway. miyamoto has stated that captain falcon isn't getting a new game)

Well, while a big chunk of the audience is for the adults, a lot of them are aimed at teens, and having people from the newer games means players that the newer kids will be able to know. I mean, Japan wasn't that big with Little Mac being added (iirc), but I mean a lot of people loved additions like Rosalina, Greninja, and Robin, who all are very new.

Maybe the reasoning for the cuts made were for characters that they felt would not be missed as much had they cut someone else. Lucas wasn't very well known outside of Japan and the people that have played Mother 3 on an emulator and was very similar to Ness. Ice Climbers hasn't had a game in forever, though I think that the 3DS was the biggest reason they weren't added. Wolf maybe just because they felt like too many Star Fox as it is and not enough production time, and maybe too similar to Fox and Falco as they were already?

I dunno, as they did keep Captain Falcon, though it might just be because of original 12. There's a lot we don't know about the decisions approach as to who they add and don't. For all we know, Sakurai woke up one morning and was like "We need to add Duck Hunt".

Back