Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
The AI is unfair, they have inhuman reflexes and dodges
If you know, how does the 9.0 AI in this version compare to the 9.0 AI for the 3DS version?

9.0 AI in the Wii U is harder, but in a wrong way, they dodge your attacks like no human would be able to.
Interestingly enough
they aren't humans

Cirdec said:
I finally beat Classic Mode with 9.0 intensity, that was a pain. The AI is unfair, they have inhuman reflexes and dodges, Master Fortress is frustrating because the lava knockback and damage is just too high, I had to pick a full defense Villager to beat it.

Great work! Unfortunately, the game wants you to do it within 12 minutes as Marth now.... Why does this challenge exist?

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
Cirdec said:
I finally beat Classic Mode with 9.0 intensity, that was a pain. The AI is unfair, they have inhuman reflexes and dodges, Master Fortress is frustrating because the lava knockback and damage is just too high, I had to pick a full defense Villager to beat it.

Great work! Unfortunately, the game wants you to do it within 12 minutes as Marth now.... Why does this challenge exist?
It exists because Marth is (was) high tier.

this is where i argue that tiers don't really matter against the ai

supermariofan said:
Since Sakurai retired Smash, I wonder who will take over

since when?

zlCfzSt-d7EBJmaUOv

Well, I've attempted to complete intensity 8.0 today with Rosalina, and the first 6 stages were no joke. Some of the stages really gave me a run for my money, while the others were more tolerable to handle.

Once I reached Master Core, I did lose a life to Master Beast, but Master Edges and Master Shadow were less brutal.

As for Master Fortress, because I lost a life, I had to play more cautiously to avoid the acid walls and acid water. While I did have a few goof-ups, I was able to overcome the challenge that Master Fortress offered, and finished off Master Core to complete intensity 8.0.

zlCfzSt-nWUjRRmxnw

Of course, despite this victory, I will have to complete intensity 8.0 with two more fighters to get hold of the two Master Fortress CDs.

Hanayo Koizumi said:
i turned on my smash 3ds today and all my records for classic, all-star and homerun contest have been set back to zero
its pretty lame
Oh man the scare this gave me, I thought my 9.0 runs would've been obsolete.

MnSG said:
Of course, despite this victory, I will have to complete intensity 8.0 with two more fighters to get hold of the two Master Fortress CDs.

Only 47 more to go for the Classic on 7.0 difficulty with all characters, too. I'm not going to waste my time doing that though, since the AI is just cruel in this game.

I'm contemplating whether to break the All-stars on hard with 8 character challenge. I want to see if there is an All-Star on hard with all characters challenge so I hammer that instead. At the very least, I have it done with Ike and duck hunt so only 6 more. It was nearly impossible with duck hunt, at the end I had 400+ damage and thank god it was Luigi's Mansion for the final stage since I just rebounded off the middle ceiling forever.

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
Cirdec said:

It gets even worse when you realize that you also have the 9.0 challenges where you have to clear intensity 9.0 without losing any lives, along with clearing intensity 9.0 without any customizations; the former challenge is immune to Golden Hammers.

Basically, unlike in Smash 3DS, there's no longer any reward for just clearing the 9.0 intensity level.

I know that some people recommend Ganondorf for all of this, but he's way too sluggish for handling Master Fortress.

Gamefreak75 said:
Only 47 more to go for the Classic on 7.0 difficulty with all characters, too. I'm not going to waste my time doing that though, since the AI is just cruel in this game.

I'm contemplating whether to break the All-stars on hard with 8 character challenge. I want to see if there is an All-Star on hard with all characters challenge so I hammer that instead. At the very least, I have it done with Ike and duck hunt so only 6 more. It was nearly impossible with duck hunt, at the end I had 400+ damage and thank god it was Luigi's Mansion for the final stage since I just rebounded off the middle ceiling forever.

There is a challenge where you must clear All-Star with everyone on the hard difficulty. There's no evidence of that challenge being immune to Golden Hammers.

As for the Classic on intensity 7.0 with all fighters challenge, the reward is the Regal Crown, so you might want to hold off on that challenge until after you've collected all the random Mii headgear parts; alternatively, just make sure that you have exactly 54 headgear parts. Even then, no reports of any Golden Hammer immunities, so you can probably scapegoat that challenge. Just don't do it until you have 54 headgear parts, or you're going to end up adding the Regal Crown onto the list of duplicate Mii headgear that you'll pick up.

Anyway, after what I've dealt with on the 8.0 intensity, I'm really not liking what I'll likely have to endure for the true All-Star on hard difficulty challenges. No customizations, and I have to use Duck Hunt and Ike for two of the challenges; none of which are my main picks.

Even the solo Event Match reward conditions will likely be painful, as there are even hard difficulty conditions involving characters that I really don't like to use at all; Ex.: Wii Fit Trainer.

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
Since Sakurai retired Smash, I wonder who will take over

since when?
He confirmed that this will likely be the last installment he works on in an interview with Game Informer. He also said in the same interview that he would not mind seeing someone else take over the series after him.

well honestly id like to see what someone could do with the series that doesnt involve sakurai, i mean brawl as alright and ssb4 is p good, but not quite that great.

Maybe more of a technical game or something? Will be neat what happens with the next installment.

Lumastar said:
Claus said:
Lumastar said:
I just hope whoever directs the next game adds Ridley.

I doubt it.
Opinions differ. While Sakurai thinks that a character might not fit in, another person might have a different opinion.

Not if Sakurai is still a part of the project in some form. Not to mention that it's kind of been stated that Ridley just wouldn't be calibrated as they wanted, and Sakurai is only the head of the project, meaning that the people that have worked on the game with are not leaving as well, and they probably won't add him for reasons like that. I mean, as a boss of course, but chances seem slim for Ridley.

Got to play this at a friend's house today

Man this game is fantastic. Played lots of Smashes, 8-player Smashes (so much fun) and co-op Events. We played one round of Smash Tour and went back to playing regular Smash b/c it was too boring.

Also made a few custom stages and fought on those as well. The stage builder is really fidgety but maybe it's just because I'm not used to the controls yet.

One thing I didn't like was only being able to use the 3DS for Smash and not any of the other modes, I've gotten so accustomed to using the 3DS that I'm horrible with the regular Wii Remote. I'll probably pick up a Wii U Pro Controller to play this game since I doubt I'll be able to get a Gamecube adapter.

anyway lotta fun, can't wait to get it myself

Yeah, like BMB said, Sakurai would likely a supervisor more than anything, and let's face it, I don't think he could've done another one with his condition. We all know we're waiting for him to finish Ice Climbers: Climbening anyways.

MnSG said:
As for the Classic on intensity 7.0 with all fighters challenge, the reward is the Regal Crown, so you might want to hold off on that challenge until after you've collected all the random Mii headgear parts; alternatively, just make sure that you have exactly 54 headgear parts. Even then, no reports of any Golden Hammer immunities, so you can probably scapegoat that challenge. Just don't do it until you have 54 headgear parts, or you're going to end up adding the Regal Crown onto the list of duplicate Mii headgear that you'll pick up.

Anyway, after what I've dealt with on the 8.0 intensity, I'm really not liking what I'll likely have to endure for the true All-Star on hard difficulty challenges. No customizations, and I have to use Duck Hunt and Ike for two of the challenges; none of which are my main picks.

Even the solo Event Match reward conditions will likely be painful, as there are even hard difficulty conditions involving characters that I really don't like to use at all; Ex.: Wii Fit Trainer.

Ok, I was afraid the reward for 7.0 with all characters would be something useless like equipment...well, the headgear is still useless since I never play as Miis. It's bullshit to get duplicates of headgear, special moves, and clothing of stuff of you already have. But getting duplicates of those that were behind challenges is another tier of bullshit in of itself. So dumb.

All-Star hard is basically "gang up: the game" and "projectile spam: the game". All the annoying shits with projectiles will use them. The worst ones are the Sheik who will just keep on using the stupid burst grenade, dr. mario who will spam pills while Captain Falcon tears you a new one, and the fucktastic trio of Zelda, Link, and Samus in the second to last stage. Also, pray for a stage without much bullshit. The worst offender is the third to last because the lovely stage selection you have is of: Port Town Aero dive with cars that kill you at 30%, Wily Castle with the Yellow devil spawning every two seconds, Yoshi's Island where the fucking yellow blocks prevent people from being killed from the top, and Yoshi's Woolly World where the airplane prevents you from killing people to top and the walk-offs provide nice projectile spam. If you want to do it on hard with characters, picking someone with a reflector (or, for Rosalina's case, the gravity pull) is pretty much essential. I know I'll do hard All-Star for dedede and Ness, since I did so on the 3ds, so that's 4/8 done, but I just need to find another 4 to do it with so after I beat that challenge, I can hammer the all characters one.

For the Hard challenges, Ike is fairly easy, just gotta use his FSmash to win and he's fairly bulky so he won't be thrown around every which way. The duck hunt though....just thinking about it is nightmare-inducing. His attacks are so weird, it seems half the time they miss and heaven forbid you get a stage with a ceiling where the enemies won't die (Gamer, Mario Circuit Wii U, and Yoshi's Woolly World come to mind). It's a shame the rewards for both those challenges are literally trophies they shat out from Brawl, with the duck hunt reward having fuck-all to do with duck hunt, like getting Spirit Tracks music for completing 5.5 classic with Wario because Wario is apparently part of the Zelda canon now. The ZSS one for not healing during rounds was painful too, but I beat it. Now for the Captain Falcon one on normal....

As for reward Solo event matches, I only have two left: Kirby's Crazy Appetite and whatever comes after it and then I'm complete. That godawful event is preventing me from completing three challenges: clear all events, Clear Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard, and get reward conditions for all events. The Wii Fit Trainer one (I assume the one with two Warios) was extremely painful, I actually had to use a WFT with defense and just killed the Warios by using the walk-offs.

Since I don't want to bother editing the mess of a post above:

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States.

zlCfzSuDrlwyFRUVBo

Pic of the day has continued since E3 2013, and I would like to bring this series to a close today. A total of 384 posts and roughly 500 screenshots have been posted, and there's even more screenshots if you count the ones I've posted for different regions.

The origins of pic of the day was sharing one picture a day of the game in development inside the company. It started out just as a small bonus for the staff. However, once we started sharing pictures with the public, it was a much tougher process.

We had to be more careful to choose appropriate pictures to post while keeping a consistant schedule regardless of how busy we got, all while some people only wanted new information from my posts.

It's nice to finally be able to get one weight off of my shoulders. But, we promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character, so I can't relax too much yet. I hope you'll look forward to Mewtwo joining the battle!

M9vkCku.gif

I know Sakurai said he's unlikely to make a new game, but keep in mind that is what he said after Melee and Brawl.

I'd be open to another person handling Smash. Maybe they could gear the game more competitive instead of shunning the entire competitive community.

Gamefreak75 said:
Ok, I was afraid the reward for 7.0 with all characters would be something useless like equipment...well, the headgear is still useless since I never play as Miis. It's bull*bleep* to get duplicates of headgear, special moves, and clothing of stuff of you already have. But getting duplicates of those that were behind challenges is another tier of bull*bleep* in of itself. So dumb.

Yeah it is quite stupid how you can get duplicates of the custom specials, outfits, and headgear, and yet you never get CD duplicates from Master Orders.

Gamefreak75 said:
All-Star hard is basically "gang up: the game" and "projectile spam: the game". All the annoying *bleep*s with projectiles will use them. The worst ones are the Sheik who will just keep on using the stupid burst grenade, dr. mario who will spam pills while Captain Falcon tears you a new one, and the *bleep*tastic trio of Zelda, Link, and Samus in the second to last stage. Also, pray for a stage without much bull*bleep*. The worst offender is the third to last because the lovely stage selection you have is of: Port Town Aero dive with cars that kill you at 30%, Wily Castle with the Yellow devil spawning every two seconds, Yoshi's Island where the *bleep*ing yellow blocks prevent people from being killed from the top, and Yoshi's Woolly World where the airplane prevents you from killing people to top and the walk-offs provide nice projectile spam. If you want to do it on hard with characters, picking someone with a reflector (or, for Rosalina's case, the gravity pull) is pretty much essential. I know I'll do hard All-Star for dedede and Ness, since I did so on the 3ds, so that's 4/8 done, but I just need to find another 4 to do it with so after I beat that challenge, I can hammer the all characters one.

For the Hard challenges, Ike is fairly easy, just gotta use his FSmash to win and he's fairly bulky so he won't be thrown around every which way. The duck hunt though....just thinking about it is nightmare-inducing. His attacks are so weird, it seems half the time they miss and heaven forbid you get a stage with a ceiling where the enemies won't die (Gamer, Mario Circuit Wii U, and Yoshi's Woolly World come to mind). It's a shame the rewards for both those challenges are literally trophies they shat out from Brawl, with the duck hunt reward having *bleep*-all to do with duck hunt, like getting Spirit Tracks music for completing 5.5 classic with Wario because Wario is apparently part of the Zelda canon now. The ZSS one for not healing during rounds was painful too, but I beat it. Now for the Captain Falcon one on normal....

It's so disturbing that you can't scapegoat playing the hard difficulty for Smash Wii U's All-Star mode. In Smash 3DS, you can just use your Golden Hammers for the All-Star on normal and hard difficulties.

Now, I did clear All-Star on the normal difficulty with Lucario, but that's before I even unlocked everyone. At least its challenge didn't require you to complete the true All-Star mode.

As for Captain Falcon, I did manage to clear true All-Star mode without using healing items, but when I noticed that I didn't clear the challenge, I failed to realize that you had to do this on the normal difficulty level. At least Zero Suit Samus's challenge could be done on easy.

Gamefreak75 said:
As for reward Solo event matches, I only have two left: Kirby's Crazy Appetite and whatever comes after it and then I'm complete. That godawful event is preventing me from completing three challenges: clear all events, Clear Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard, and get reward conditions for all events. The Wii Fit Trainer one (I assume the one with two Warios) was extremely painful, I actually had to use a WFT with defense and just killed the Warios by using the walk-offs.

It's very sickening to know that you can't Golden Hammer your way out of doing all the solo event reward conditions. While I did clear the "No Mere Sparring Match" event on normal difficulty, I was way too slow to complete the reward condition. It sucks how the opposing Little Macs can counter your attacks, and your only option of avoiding this is the Guard Breaker custom special.

Back