• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Ritsu Tainaka said:
well i for one think its really cool how theyre bringing back old school samus, and its pretty neat how theyre including pretty much all her different suits
if they brought back the bikini from the very first metroid then yea i mean obviously thatd be kinda dumb but this is just her in a 2 piece that isnt even revealing or anything.

i always wondered though, does she still have those chozo markings on her back or is that only for her zero suit? cause in fusion shes like this when she has her back turned
mzm_ending6.gif
At least it looks like she's better dressed there.

Baby Luigi said:
Yes how dare I get mad at this. How dare I question the design choices, regardless of the gender of the person who did this.

yo I'm just saying I think you're overreacting

it's no big fucking deal, and if it was I'm wondering where you've been the past twenty years Samus has been shown off in various outfits for fanservice

what act of grand evil is a woman wearing clothes that reveal her midriff and legs? is Samus wearing something less revealing than a common swimsuit reversing all progress women have made in society?

Baby Luigi said:
Mio Akiyama said:
Are you trying to say that they put the same amount of effort replacing suit with skin and making the leftover suit textures look like they did in the Zero Mission end screen as they did making Male and Female WFT different? lol okay, sure.

They put the same amount of effort making this costume as they did with murica mario and skyward sword clothes link. The skin stretches in that picture just like her suit does, it seriously just looks like they reskinned her to look like she does.

I know what I'm talking about because I had 3D modeling experience: some aspects on her are way too complex to be mere texture alterations such as different topometry on her legs, where the socks are. Possibly some of her details such as the wrinkles are a result of a bump map, if possible, or it could be a completely different polygon. Either way, you also need to create new textures. Zero Mission is a GB game anyway, so it uses sprites, therefore, you need to either make a new texture or alter the existing one and if you DO alter the existing one, it's not a mere edit but a complete overhaul of it, by the looks of. Plus you might need to remap the UVs as well.

Wii Fit Trainer uses more simple single color textures and Male Wii Fit Trainer seems to use the same or similar stature, as well as similar mapping. He looks like a vertex edit. A well made one regardless but still, I think it takes as much effort to make this than this Zero Suit Samus.

Whereas, America Mario is ONLY a texture change, there seems to be zero vertex alterations on his model compared to the base. Skyward Sword Link also appears to be a retexture as well, as with maybe a new polygon or two.

Hmm, those are some good points so I'll agree with you. I still don't think they seriously put too much effort into this though (more than WFT as you said, but much less than Lucina who was originally going to be just a costume), whereas something like adding a helmetless power suit would kind of make her bulky/alter hitboxes and we already have regular Samus for power suit related things.

Though imagine if they did add this, that'd be hilarious.

Contra(dictory) said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yes how dare I get mad at this. How dare I question the design choices, regardless of the gender of the person who did this.

it's no big *bleep*ing deal, and if it was I'm wondering where you've been the past twenty years Samus has been shown off in various outfits for fanservice

what act of grand evil is a woman wearing clothes that reveal her midriff and legs? is Samus wearing something less revealing than a common swimsuit reversing all progress women have made in society?

As I said earlier, I can tolerate Zero Suit Samus being in a jumpsuit. I'm not going on some evil propaganda to petition for the removal of this, that's plain insane. A little fanservice here and there won't be a GAME DESTROYING thing, it's just that...that's where I draw the line.

I'm sorry, but female sexualization like this just....turns me off. I cringe at it. I can't help it. I mean I would definitely love to maybe at least tolerate it but sexualization of any kind has a natural tendency to make me cringe. Yes, including male sexualization. And no, I am ignorant of how this is actually canonical design, but I asked before....can't they use something ELSE for Zero Suit Samus? I mean, the base suit is already sexy and all, but can't they do something else for people who don't really like this as an option?

The problem is that I don't see any male humanoid fighter wearing a scantily dressed outfit (excluding Little Mac, but he's a boxer, so that's understandable) and I find it off to be fighting in barely any clothing. I'm talking about humans of course, so nonhumanoid creatures like Donkey Kong don't count.

Maybe I DID overreact. Perhaps once I've grown into it I'll be less disgusted. Still, it's not like I'll get over this and stay neutral about it.

Contra(dictory) said:
Baby Luigi said:

it's no big *bleep*ing deal, and if it was I'm wondering where you've been the past twenty years Samus has been shown off in various outfits for fanservice

1. This is Smash, not Metroid
2. The Midriff and legs aren't the problem. The model, on the other hand, is.

Ninelevendo said:
The Midriff and legs aren't the problem. The model, on the other hand, is.
Okay, this is the first thing here I don't understand. Please explain. What is wrong with the model.

I find the "it's canonical" argument very weak since it doesn't really counter my peeve that it's a woman fighting in this outfit. The jumpsuit is fine because it's still protective (although I don't know its properties) while allowing Seamus (f*****g autocorrect) to remain mobile. The high heels is canon, too! It doesn't make her look less stupid either.

Oh sure, it's a cartoon fighter, sure, but you make otherwise futuristic and skilled fighters look like they're fighting rather than they're out for a marathon (but with high heels)?

Well I cooled down a bit on this.

It's still better than any lingerie Zero Suit Samus hack on Brawl Vault, that's 100% certain.

Baby Luigi said:
Well I cooled down a bit on this.

It's still better than any lingerie Zero Suit Samus hack on Brawl Vault, that's 100% certain.

At least there's effort and some decency.

Ninelevendo said:
Sakuri said:
Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!
Nhb7MjG.jpg

Uh... Ok

Sexiest thing I've seen all day.

PSSST BLOF, LGM AND ERNESTH THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SAKURAI HAS FANSERVICED IN THAT WAY.

I would like to remind that in melee and brawl peach's bloomers (not sure if that counts as lingerie) can be seen.

so you're late with your complains I guess so maybe buy a time machine and go to 2001 and complain about that.

Dorumon said:
PSSST BLOF, LGM AND ERNESTH THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SAKURAI HAS FANSERVICED IN THAT WAY.

I would like to remind that in melee and brawl peach's bloomers (not sure if that counts as lingerie) can be seen.

so you're late with your complains I guess so maybe buy a time machine and go to 2001 and complain about that.

Um...so?? That's not blatant sexualization, that's making it look more realistic. I was never bothered by the fact you can look up Peach's and Zelda's dresses.

Are you guys going to start resorting to more straw man arguments to try to make me less bothered by this?

oh.

at least I understand why that stage bothers you.

you'd probably faint if you see the back ground after tthe acid rises.

not to mention two platforms and fourth of the stage separates in the most icky way that makes anyone go bleh.

All these people arguing about how they dare allow Samus to be in a full-chest-covering top and shorts. It's not like they only show Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda in a full-outfit dress, Palutena in a dress that covers most of her but does show her legs, Lucina completely covered up to her neck, and Sheik covered except for her fingers and hands.

I mean, why is no one complaining about Little Mac being in short shorts and a tight short? Let's not forget that Diddy Kong doesn't even have pants on! Or that DK only wears a tie. Hell, Sonic and Pac Man only wear shoes and gloves! And dear god, is Mr. Game & Watch even wearing clothing?

I do wish that people wouldn't just care that it looks sexy; and I wish that it would be more logical to have her in an outfit like that without those heels. But I also know that she is just a video game character that for the past 25 some years have been showing off clothing that may not cover all or skin or conceal her natural curves and mask it except when she's in her armor suit. It's not her characterization is solely based on her appearance, or that she doesn't have a deep background, or that the other characters in her games look down upon her as being inferior (heck, most view her as being the most capable (or at least that's what I got when I played Corruption).

God, all this talk is making me reflect back on my research paper I did on Woman's protrayal in Video Games last fall...

Henry said:
All these people arguing about how they dare allow Samus to be in a full-chest-covering top and shorts. It's not like they only show Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda in a full-outfit dress, Palutena in a dress that covers most of her but does show her legs, Lucina completely covered up to her neck, and Sheik covered except for her fingers and hands.

I mean, why is no one complaining about Little Mac being in short shorts and a tight short? Let's not forget that Diddy Kong doesn't even have pants on! Or that DK only wears a tie. Hell, Sonic and Pac Man only wear shoes and gloves! And dear god, is Mr. Game & Watch even wearing clothing?

I do wish that people wouldn't just care that it looks sexy; and I wish that it would be more logical to have her in an outfit like that without those heels. But I also know that she is just a video game character that for the past 25 some years have been showing off clothing that may not cover all or skin or conceal her natural curves and mask it except when she's in her armor suit. It's not her characterization is solely based on her appearance, or that she doesn't have a deep background, or that the other characters in her games look down upon her as being inferior (heck, most view her as being the most capable (or at least that's what I got when I played Corruption).

God, all this talk is making me reflect back on my research paper I did on Woman's protrayal in Video Games last fall...
Are you really bothering to compare a human to animals and weird not-even-human things?

And why does nobody care that this isn't a Metroid or anything different game, it's Smash, a game that anyone can pick up no matter what age without worrying about people with questionable articles of clothing on.

Ninelevendo said:
Are you really bothering to compare a human to animals and weird not-even-human things?

And why does nobody care that this isn't a Metroid or anything different game, it's Smash, a game that anyone can pick up no matter what age without worrying about people with questionable articles of clothing on.

That first part was just me joking (at least with the guys part). I honestly don't care about their looks or how much non-clothing they show off. They're just video game characters.

If you don't like it, don't use the outfit.

Magolor said:
Don't use the outfit then.....?

i was going to say "no then they'll see it online" but blof and lgm make a point of never playing online in any game ever iirc

i basically agree with tfp on the outfit, it's not like the designers just went "lul lets make secksy samus!!" and pulled it out of their ass, it has a canonical base

Turboo said:
i was going to say "no then they'll see it online" but blof and lgm make a point of never playing online in any game ever iirc

i basically agree with tfp on the outfit, it's not like the designers just went "lul lets make secksy samus!!" and pulled it out of their ass, it has a canonical base
I mostly find Sakurai's hilariously pathetic attempt at damage control to be suspicious more than anything else. It is an outfit from the actual games, and I'm fine with it for that reason, but I doubt they only added it as a mere Easter egg for Zero Mission fans.

Back