• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Dorumon said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nintendo won't give you some ridiculous challenge to unlock the characters they're heavily advertising to be in Smash.
Brawl Sonic would like to have a word with you.
Melee mewtwo wants also a word with you two.
My Grammar Teacher wants to talk to you about something.

Yeah, especially considering how fun Melee is, it shouldn't be THAT long.

That being said, he might be painful in a hurry, but he's still manageable.

@Shy Guy: tell me about it, especially to everyone who loves lowercase for some reason.

i should type in lowercase just to annoy you

I've proceeded past the point where I actually care anymore.

I'm not annoyed by you. I just pity you.

how sad of me. boo hoo

Setting up ignore list...

Final Destination is the hardest major thing to unlock. I'm not fond of Event 51 in Melee.

Maᴙio said:
Final Destination is the hardest major thing to unlock. I'm not fond of Event 51 in Melee.

Really? I thought you need to beat Event 50 to unlock it: Master Hand and Crazy Hand

I forgot... doesn't beating Event 51 unlock something?

I think you're wrong. :mario:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/516492-super-smash-bros-melee/cheats

Yeah I'm wrong

You need to beat The Showdown to unlock

God that was hard.

Not that level 9 CPUs are tough, but three of them in a stock match? Unfair man.

You had Subspace Emissary in Brawl. You could play on easy and get all the characters in a snap. Who knows what system there using here given there is no story mode like Brawl.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I theorize that there will be no more unlockable characters in this installment and have 2 reasons for that:

Usually, Unlockable Characters were kept secret and many characters that used to be secret unlockables were revealed early this time.
Custom moves create a lot of unlockable content already and if the entire roster is available from the start this time, people could start focusing on unlocking custom moves right away.

Well, we should note that lately Nintendo has been not that secretive about revealing new characters.

I mean, we knew the entire roster of Mario Kart 8 a month in advance, and 14 of them were unlockable.

Plus, I'm sure that a lot of the characters left to be revealed will be locked. We only know 37 characters so far. I think that all the 3rd party characters will be unlockable just like last last time. So assuming that the cuts are made on Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, and potentially 2 more newcomers (just giving out numbers), then there will be about 48-50 characters this time around.

So that being said, let's say that the 34 non-3rd party confirmed characters are default. That would leave about 14-16 characters unlockable. This is on par with Brawl, as there were 14 unlockable characters in that game.

Of course, a lot of the characters are major and interesting characters, and probably showed them off to advertise. That means that characters like Robin, Greninja, Palutena will be unlockable. Let's also not forget that there are two versions of the game, meaning that some characters that are default on one game will be unlockable on the other and vise versa. So that could mean that Rosalina and Little Mac is default on the 3DS version, but unlockable on the Wii U version.

I highly doubt though that Sakurai wouldn't have some unlockable characters, especially since it would be unorthodox in comparison to the previous installments where unlockable characters serves as a reward for playing the game.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I theorize that there will be no more unlockable characters in this installment and have 2 reasons for that:

Usually, Unlockable Characters were kept secret and many characters that used to be secret unlockables were revealed early this time.
Custom moves create a lot of unlockable content already and if the entire roster is available from the start this time, people could start focusing on unlocking custom moves right away.
That first point proves...Nothing. So what? Defaults and unlockables swap around sometimes-see Captain Falcon. And I doubt that every single character is going to be noisily announced-it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a bunch of unlockables that were never even mentioned before.

That second point proves...Even more nothing. More unlockables were present in Melee and Brawl, that didn't effect the number of unlockable characters at all.

Sakuri said:
Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!
Nhb7MjG.jpg

Uh... Ok

Ninelevendo said:
Sakuri said:
Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!
Nhb7MjG.jpg

Uh... Ok

Ewwww?

This sort of ---- I expect in some other game like...I don't know, Soul Calibur? NOT Super Smash Bros.

This is like those lonely guys' dreams who make naked female character mods on Brawl Vault's crazy fantasies come true.

You know, HAL and Nintendo, shame on you.

Back