Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I don't know, in the box for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, there's no sign of Next Level Games, the developer of that game.

Paper Mario said:
zlCfzSU8uT4r40CA7I

Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up.
I dunno, but I think this assist trophy will be annoying. Still looks awesome though.

I hated it when Togepi does that

But if you makes computers really mess up, I'm ok with it

Well, I'm hesitating on turning on Assist Trophies, but the real dealbreaker is if Mr. Reshitti is there.

Well, looks like Luigi is the only character to appear as an Unlockable in every game. Unless Jiggly gets a last minute reveal.

Ninelevendo said:
Well, looks like Luigi is the only character to appear as an Unlockable in every game. Unless Jiggly gets a last minute reveal.

Well you shouldn't jump to conclusions this early. Was there something that made it official?

C. Falcon must still be default, and no sign for Ness or Iggybuff. And since when haven't people jumped to conclusions for the new smash? Ness was at least on the whiteboard thing that was on Twitter.

Luigi being revealed as early as he was makes me think he's been promoted to a starter.

Also unlockables are generally held out until after release anyway so counting them out now is a terrible idea.

Smasher said:
Luigi being revealed as early as he was makes me think he's been promoted to a starter.

Also unlockables are generally held out until after release anyway so counting them out now is a terrible idea.
He was revealed early as part of The Year of Luigi. He could still be unlockable for all we know.

I've seen a theory predicting that Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are cut because in the Mario and Fire Emblem series, it seemed as if they had rushed to reveal all the veterans before making a newcomer reveal and that they didn't follow that pattern because they were cut. About as unbelievable as the trophy theory in my opinion.

Wait, what makes you think Luigi is unlockable? Because he doesn't appear alongside with those character faces on the box?

You don't see Greninja's face except in that one screenshot.

And what about Olimar? Will he be unlockable?

I haven't seen Weegee anywhere. As in ANYWHERE. He isn't on any covers, he wasn't there for the invitational, and we haven't seen him much in general. Plus he's been Unlockable in every other game, so he's likely to take that role again.

I WANT TO PLAY WITH PAC MAN RELEASE THE MOTHER SKREEONKIN GAME...*bleep* it just occurred we're gonna have to likely do some over the top challenge that'll take weeks to complete just to unlock megaman or pacman....

http://s477.photobucket.com/user/ehusband1985/media/fuuuuuuuuugif.gif.html

Nintendo won't give you some ridiculous challenge to unlock the characters they're heavily advertising to be in Smash.

Shy​ Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nintendo won't give you some ridiculous challenge to unlock the characters they're heavily advertising to be in Smash.
Brawl Sonic would like to have a word with you.

Last time I checked, I had zero trouble unlocking him

Baby Luigi said:

Well technically having to go through the entire Subspace Emissiary to get Sonic is one. But there was of course the other options to unlock him like playing Classic Mode with 10 different characters (Which was what I did to get Sonic)

Ninelevendo said:
Pfft if anything Sonic is one of the easier characters to unlock.

Btw I've officailly done 1000 matches on Brawl. Yay.
Well, you have more to go!

I theorize that there will be no more unlockable characters in this installment and have 2 reasons for that:

Usually, Unlockable Characters were kept secret and many characters that used to be secret unlockables were revealed early this time.
Custom moves create a lot of unlockable content already and if the entire roster is available from the start this time, people could start focusing on unlocking custom moves right away.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I am of the theory that there will be no more unlockable characters in this installment and have 2 reasons for that:

Usually, Unlockable Characters were kept secret and many characters that used to be secret unlockables were revealed early this time.
Custom moves create a lot of unlockable content already and if the entire roster is available from the start this time, people could start focusing on unlocking custom moves right away.
Just because you keep saying that doesn't mean people are going to follow your views.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I am of the theory that there will be no more unlockable characters in this installment and have 2 reasons for that:

You want to sound all mighty important and smart when you say "I am of opinion" and "I am of theory"

It doesn't. That type of wording makes you sound pretentious and condescending.

But onto the argument:

Snake and Sonic were on the box for Brawl. They are still unlockable.

Shy​ Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Brawl Sonic would like to have a word with you.
Melee mewtwo wants also a word with you two.

Melee Mewtwo isn't hard to unlock.

Get four controllers, leave it on for five hours, bam, you got him.

Back