Yoshi's New Island

GalacticPetey said:
All hail Based Poochy
This so much.

In other words, I like the look of it. Although that gyro feature....I haven't used the gyro feature before, but man the thought of it just seems annoying.

I'm super-excited for this game, but... lol at the music used in the trailer. What was that?!

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I'm super-excited for this game, but... lol at the music used in the trailer. What was that?!

Yeah that was a bit strange to say the least.

I assume Minecart Yoshi is now the official name for the transformation.

Jim McGinn said:
I assume Minecart Yoshi is now the official name for the transformation.
Can't confirm that: it's just what I chose to name the file.

Jim McGinn said:
I figured you'd got it from a named file.
The official file name is "CTRP_ATA_charTF01_3_R_ad", if that helps.

Awesome, I've always wanted there to be a Yoshi CTRP_ATA_charTF01_3_R_ad transformation

Opening scene, looks incredibly similar to the original game's opening scenes.

Hey look it's Baby Luigi

off he goes

Minecart Yoshi footage. Shame they started uploading this just as I'm about to go to sleep

ugh not liking the visuals at all for some reason, just seems to be a bit...off to me.

And boy that ost so far freaking sucks.

I'm sure the only positive thing this game will leave will be Yoshi's confirmation for Super Smash Bros. 4 the day it gets released.

Yoshi's Island was a very ambitious game that turned the Mario series conventions on their head, and did so with gutso. Looking at the NWR footage, it's disheartening how this game cynically reiterate enemies, props, environements and even bits of level design while seemingly adding very little of its own (and most of that is gyroscope-based, lol).

To its credit, the level design doesn't look tedious the same way YIDS was. I can see myself being entertained by it. But man, Yoshi's Island deserves so much better...

Anser said:
I'm sure the only positive thing this game will leave will be Yoshi's confirmation for Super Smash Bros. 4 the day it gets released.

For me, Baby Luigi is in it. That's all. I hate everything else about it, including Baby Luigi's role

Glowsquid said:
Yoshi's Island was a very ambitious game that turned the Mario series conventions on their head[...]
This is something we need for the Mario platformers nowadays.

More gameplay, first video shows off Super Yoshi and the second one shows off a puzzle.

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't that excited for this game. It honestly looks just like YIDS. And YIDS was never an amazing game to begin with. It doesn't help that a lot of the same people are working on it.

The visual design is pretty cool, though.

But if the game gets bad reviews, I won't be annoyed. I'm sure it'll be OK, but not amazing.

Definitely going to buy this. It looks fun and I really liked Yoshi's Island DS. Also, i'm getting bored with my current 3DS games.

Back