Mario Party: Island Tour

Re: Mario Party 3DS

Xerneas said:
I found MP7 a lot of fun because there WERE lots of mini-games that were awesome. I mean, come on, you didn't find "Track & Yield" or "Fun Run" exciting?

I see MP3DS being the same as MPDS, so yeah, it'll be a decent game, but I don't think it'll be a wow game.

You can't go through awesome minigame lists without mentioning Balloonatic, Think Tank, Camp Ukiki, Spider Stomp, and Apes of Wrath. But then, there are some terrible minigames such as Coinatgious and Spray Anything.

It could be better than Mario Party DS. I loved the OP shop in Mario Party DS and the fact that each player has his/her own screen so you can have minigames such as Camera Shy where things are very suspenseful and you have a feeling someone is following you. Another good part about the game is the collectibles, adding a ton of replay value. The multiplayer in this game is top-notch, even providing other modes the single player cannot access.

The bad part about the DS one is no unlockable characters and the freakishly small maps. The character roster is understandable and decent for a handheld Mario Party (the preceding Mario Party had like only 4 characters), but it's not that good either. I don't dig the removing of Bowser minigames either (it's pretty much a staple since Mario Party 4), but you can blame Mario Party 8 for that. The duel system is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E, though. It's a contender with Mario Party 7 as the worst dueling system in the Mario Party series. It should be known by now that a random roulette is highly unfair to the winning player. For example, 2 stars can be waged, but a duel still occurs if one player does not have enough stars! In Mario Party 6 (the best dueling system), this does not happen. The only way this dueling system is worse than Mario Party 7 and 8's is that in those games the roulette is dependent on the winner's standings with the loser, therefore you can't hit a 2 star mark if your opponent doesn't have 2 stars.

Uh, if you don't want a luck based game, then Mario Party is NOT for you. It's a board game, so there's always gonna be some luck. Think of it as a game of cards; you don't choose the cards you get (in Mario Party terms, your dice roll), you just gotta make it work (with the help of items, winning mini-games and so on). However, there has to be a limit on luck.

As for Mario Party 7, I hate it with a passion; it's actually my least favorite lol
My main reason for hating it is Bowser Time. That thing ruined Party Mode for me, so that rules Party Mode out.
And the mini-games.... eh, not so many memorable ones; in past Mario Parties I've had like at least 50% of memorable mini-games, while in 7, barely. =P

A problem I'm already seeing is that this game looks like a "race to the finish" thing, and that it looks practically like Wii Party AGAIN (I'm seeing some characters getting to roll an extra die). So it looks really luck based... Nintendo, please prove me wrong and not make it over luck based. -__-

Timmy said:
A problem I'm already seeing is that this game looks like a "race to the finish" thing, and that it looks practically like Wii Party AGAIN (I'm seeing some characters getting to roll an extra die). So it looks really luck based... Nintendo, please prove me wrong and not make it over luck based. -__-

Maybe it just applies to one board, hopefully

That's because I sorta despised that game. I hate how crowded it is and Wario sometimes being a jerk to me (I sometimes retaliate by being a jerk to him but that's not my point)

Superstarxalien169 said:
I can't believe nobody of you guys recognized Parachutin' Gallery from MPDS.

It's a little different to that minigame, because there is only one type of block.

I might get Wii Party U because it looks very fun.

Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
I might get Wii Party U because it looks very fun.
what. the Hell. DOES THE NEW WII PARTY HAVE TO DO WITH THIS? :mad:
someone mentioned wii party. I thought I quoted their post. *facepalm*

Turbo-Tastic said:
Also, did no one notice they brought back Bumper Balls?

It's not Bumper Balls exactly. It looks like it, but you can already see it's different. Plus, it's not as fast-paced as Bumper Balls is.

Baby Luigi said:
Timmy said:

Maybe it just applies to one board, hopefully
I've seen counters for how many spaces each character has left on each of the 3 boards shown in the trailer, so I'm really hoping this is just another mode and not the main "party" mode.

I can't be the only person whose only reason to await this is the inevitable "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" videos, am I.

Glowsquid said:
I can't be the only person whose only reason to await this is the inevitable "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" videos, am I.

Probably, since that reason is only one of the reasons I am awaiting this

Glowsquid said:

Given if the COMs are really idiots in that game.

It's likely it's going to happen. I love easy COMs in Mario Party. I never get tired of their idiocy, and they make me feel confident in playing a minigame for the first time.

La Marionette said:
Glowsquid said:

It's likely it's going to happen. I love easy COMs in Mario Party. I never get tired of their idiocy, and they make me feel confident in playing a minigame for the first time.
If you think mario party has idiotic A.I. you haven't seen Family Party 30 Great Games in action.

chillv said:
La Marionette said:
Glowsquid said:

If you think mario party has idiotic A.I. you haven't seen Family Party 30 Great Games in action.

He saying for easy difficulty. On Master difficulty the computers are really good.

Cirdec said:
chillv said:
La Marionette said:
Glowsquid said:

He saying for easy difficulty. On Master difficulty the computers are really good.
I already know that, but the A.I. in family party 30 great game is even worst because there is no difficulty setting at all.

And how hard are they?

Cirdec said:

Even the hardest computers are a bit dumb at times, especially in Mario Party 4 and 5

aregularforumuser said:
if they dare not to include waluigi again....

Since when Waluigi wasn't in a Mario Party game? Advance!?

Waluigi fans really need to cut out the whole "OMG Waluigii isn't in Mario Kart 7, it's probably unlikely he'll appear in games in the future despite him being a regular at the rest of Mario spin-off games and that exceptions are ALWAYS the rule"

Baby Luigi said:
aregularforumuser said:
if they dare not to include waluigi again....

Since when Waluigi wasn't in a Mario Party game? Advance!?

Waluigi fans really need to cut out the whole "OMG Waluigii isn't in Mario Kart 7, it's probably unlikely he'll appear in games in the future despite him being a regular at the rest of Mario spin-off games and that exceptions are ALWAYS the rule"

you want waluigi fans to stop whining about waluigi?

I'm sorry.

Please do, since Waluigi was there in every Mario spin-off game after Mario Kart 7 is released.

Back