Mario Party: Island Tour

Re: Mario Party 3DS

Hm, my friend said his speculation, and I found it interesting. :p

"I think spaces and items are unique to each board, having cards in the grasslands one, and rockets in the space one, each having their own effects on how they work. It's got to be that way, since I can't see any card spaces or cards in the space or Banzai Bill board.

Besides - wasn't it said that all the boards would be unique in gameplay?"

Also, looks like mini-games are rated on luck and strategy. :p

It's about freaking time we got Super Mario Galaxy stuff in Mario Party games. Really, it was about time.

And I've been waiting for this.

Jee, I can't express my excitement in this post.

The Game looks like MP9 but without cars, actually i liked MP9 it has many good minigames and bosses and has some surprising good soundtrack (Freshen Up and Bower Jr Mad Music), i think the boss battles will return in this game, in the BANZAI BILL Board you can se a NSMB2 style Tower (as referece the tower only appears in the portables NSMB games) with an space infront of him, that is suspicious.

I like Rosalina be in this game, its kinda sad she is only NPC but i can´t see her suffer the same things that peach and daisy, maybe she is going to be bowser´s good counterpart like DK in the last games.

If that's true, then I'd fully support that, since DK will get playable again

I'm not so much into mario party, mostly because of it having way to much luck involved plus it's a game that was meant to be played with family and friends. However, I play video games solo most of the time.

Yeah, Mario Party isn't meant to be played by one person. You can fully enjoy Mario Party only if there are other comrades with you playing the game.

This actually looks more promising than the last 2 MP games that came out. The fact that Rosalina is in adds an extra cool factor. All I need is for Toadette to be in, and that will almost make me buy it.

Virion said:
I really liked DS, so we'll see.

I hope Choice Challenge is back, and similar minigames to MP9. It's a shame how much hate MP9 gets......

It DESERVES all the hate it gets.

Eh, I'm not really interested in this one right now, I don't like the Mario Party games that much anymore. I might watch it in case there's something about it that could revive my interest in the series, though.

just as long as that fucking car mechanic doesn't come back

This may cause some controversy but...

mario party is too much based on luck, I wish they will make at least one that is only based on skill

chillv said:

mario party is too much based on luck, I wish they will make at least one that is only based on skill

This is exactly why Mario Party 1-3 are the best and 4 onwards plain suck. In Mario Party 1-3 it was 80% skill, 20% luck.

Anser said:
chillv said:

This is exactly why Mario Party 1-3 are the best and 4 onwards plain suck. In Mario Party 1-3 it was 80% skill, 20% luck.

I have to disagree. 4-7 were the best ones. 1-3 were okay but didn't have enough good mini-games or decent boards. Plus, luck factor really didn't even affect the games until Mario Party 8-ish (with the lucky space) and Mario Party 9, since it was still mostly based on skills. Plus, All skill is not really fun, because then the same people win. Where's the challenge? I think 4-7 had an excellent balance of both skill and luck, to where stuff wasn't extreme, and yet everyone still had a somewhat equal chance. I honestly love the luck-based ones because I lose most of them, but it's fun to know that they are the hardest to win, and I enjoy the challenge.

Though I think we can both agree that 8, 9, DS, and Advance suck though.

Xerneas said:
Anser said:
chillv said:

I have to disagree. 4-7 were the best ones. 1-3 were okay but didn't have enough good mini-games or decent boards. Plus, luck factor really didn't even affect the games until Mario Party 8-ish (with the lucky space) and Mario Party 9, since it was still mostly based on skills. Plus, All skill is not really fun, because then the same people win. Where's the challenge? I think 4-7 had an excellent balance of both skill and luck, to where stuff wasn't extreme, and yet everyone still had a somewhat equal chance. I honestly love the luck-based ones because I lose most of them, but it's fun to know that they are the hardest to win, and I enjoy the challenge.

DS wasn't that bad in my opinion. It wasn't great, but at least it didn't suck like 8, 9 and Advance did.

Aw, come on, 1-3's mini-games were the best. They had that "crazy" factor that would make your friends jump and scream in excitement, like 1 and 2's Hot Rope Jump and Bombs Away, like 3's Snowball Summit and Toadstool Titan. From 4 on, mini-games were slower, and weren't very exciting anymore. I mean, 7's Cointagious SUCKS. What's so fun about that mini-game? I know: nothing. I don't remember 7 having a single good mini-game. Oh, not to mention the boards. In 1, 2 and 3, the turns would go by very quickly. From 4 onwards, the turns lasted an eternity (especially in 8 ).

Then again, what's fun and what's not is subjective. What you consider fun may not be what I consider fun and viceversa. However, from what I have experienced with my friends, 1, 2 and 3 can really start a party. 4, 5, 6 and 7 can not.

Anser said:
Virion said:

I hope Choice Challenge is back, and similar minigames to MP9. It's a shame how much hate MP9 gets......

Please respect other people's opinions, not everyone hates MP9.
Xerneas said:
Anser said:
chillv said:

Why do you think DS sucks?

To be honest I've played 2 and it became my favorite after awhile. I've heard 1 had those control stick busting mini games.

6 was where they started placing Gimmicks inside boards which kinda heaped things up.

A lot of people seem to hate 7 which I don't understand that much and get why a lot people hate 8 and 9. (even though I actually liked 9)

9 was my favorite, though I agree the party mode is a little too much luck based. I think it can be fixed while keeping the car system.
But it seems they abandonned the car system for this game.

Anser said:
Virion said:

No it doesn't! There are some flaws, but it's still a good game. :P

Major Flaw of Mario Party 9: The gameplay and the boards

Major Plus: The minigames

Yeah, not even the minigames can save the absolute horror of board gameplay.

Mario Party 8 had great boards, it just needed better mini games, some were quite boring and others had a more real world feel than a Mario feel.

Are there any alternatives to mario party? You know, one that's not based on luck at all?

Don't forget the best character roster and the traditional items and gameplay of Mario Party 8. I still think it's just an average game (thanks to most of the minigames and the terrible method of unlocking characters).

chillv said:
Are there any alternatives to mario party? You know, one that's not based on luck at all?

Mario Party is built on luck, but you can still win the majority of matches in Mario Parties before Mario Party 9 with skill and strategy.

Baby Luigi said:
Don't forget the best character roster and the traditional items and gameplay of Mario Party 8. I still think it's just an average game (thanks to most of the minigames and the terrible method of unlocking characters).

chillv said:

Mario Party is built on luck, but you can still win the majority of matches in Mario Parties before Mario Party 9 with skill and strategy.
I meant a good party game that's not based on luck at all. Not a mario party game that's not based on luck.

Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
Not a mario party game
if you're not talking about mario party, why post in this thread at all
I wanted to know if you knew any party games that are not based at all on luck then I would have went back on topic. It was just a question. What? Do you want me to make a topic saying "What is an alternative to mario party"?

I found MP7 a lot of fun because there WERE lots of mini-games that were awesome. I mean, come on, you didn't find "Track & Yield" or "Fun Run" exciting?

I see MP3DS being the same as MPDS, so yeah, it'll be a decent game, but I don't think it'll be a wow game.

Back