Supper Mario Broth

tumblr_obqp1zghoe1rrftcdo1_540.jpg

it is him

oh I didn't realize there was a thread for this. I love this blog!

I love all the little manga bits and pieces on there; they're probably my favorite things that they post. and then it makes me really upset because I have no idea where to find them and there's no chance they're translated.

From what I've seen, most of 'em are from KC Deluxe. You can find the scans if you dig around.

"Let's NAIL Donkey Kong"

c2a.jpg

I see that Supper Mario Broth is quick to take the description of Mario from the Tokyo Olympic Games:

tumblr_ocaurzW4441rrftcdo1_500.jpg

I would love to see Charles Martinet read this, and probably do some improvising with what Mario said.

For your information, the full sheet is like this.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I see that Supper Mario Broth is quick to take the description of Mario from the Tokyo Olympic Games:

tumblr_ocaurzW4441rrftcdo1_500.jpg

I would love to see Charles Martinet read this, and probably do some improvising with what Mario said.

For your information, the full sheet is like this.

Thanks for reading.
Seriously, the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games needed to happen just to make Mario talk again.

The Nintendo Monopoly cards have Mario styled in rubberhose that I really liked. In fact, it would be cool to see an alternative style card in an actual Mario video game, though I imagine it would probably have a stylistic clash since Pixel Mario is usually the preferred style.

It's also really cute that all the Monopoly actions are translated to Mario-related ones. One of the funny ones is when the princess is in another castle, Mario had to "Advance to Yoshi". Another favourite is the Mario Party one where you have to collect money from every player.

tumblr_ob6rp41pnt1rrftcdo1_400.png

tumblr_ob6rp41pnt1rrftcdo2_400.png

Thanks for reading.

Here's an image I found on Reddit:

65459ac89a9d4d158593c698d8c535d0

Apparently, it's a tin tray, and it's official judging by the © in the bottom right. Also, here's a comment that addresses everything of note:

[quote author=/u/deepthaw]Does that cloud have a barcode for a mouth?
What kind of bizarro dimension does Luigi's room reside in? I don't recall any twisted carnival horror hallways like that in the games.
Has Bowser seen an eye doctor lately?
Are two two different distinct species of Toad? Those that have no legs and wear pants, and those with legs but don't wear pants?
That phone booth is clearly floating several feet above the floor, going by the line that's supposed to represent the border between floor and wall. Mario's kind of a dick if he makes his star-friends pay to use a payphone when they're visiting.
Mario's dad has seen some stuff. You can tell.
Continuing the "everything is animate" trend, the television antenna has eyes. And seems weirded out.
Mario's TV apparently has a screen made of paper.
That NES advantage, other than being bizarrely huge, has a lot of extra buttons. Mario's in the arcade stick modding scene, I see.
It's interesting that the flower pot, but not the flower has eyes and a face.
That goomba totally has arms.
Is that a Koopa Troopa on top of the phone booth? Why is he holding a flag? Maybe that's a stuff trophy of one of the many flagpoles Mario has conquered.[/quote]

I kinda want someone to go completely in-depth and explain every detail that this thing got wrong.

Time Turner said:
Here's an image I found on Reddit:

Apparently, it's a tin tray, and it's official judging by the © in the bottom right. Also, here's a comment that addresses everything of note:

[quote author=/u/deepthaw]Does that cloud have a barcode for a mouth?
What kind of bizarro dimension does Luigi's room reside in? I don't recall any twisted carnival horror hallways like that in the games.
Has Bowser seen an eye doctor lately?
Are two two different distinct species of Toad? Those that have no legs and wear pants, and those with legs but don't wear pants?
That phone booth is clearly floating several feet above the floor, going by the line that's supposed to represent the border between floor and wall. Mario's kind of a dick if he makes his star-friends pay to use a payphone when they're visiting.
Mario's dad has seen some stuff. You can tell.
Continuing the "everything is animate" trend, the television antenna has eyes. And seems weirded out.
Mario's TV apparently has a screen made of paper.
That NES advantage, other than being bizarrely huge, has a lot of extra buttons. Mario's in the arcade stick modding scene, I see.
It's interesting that the flower pot, but not the flower has eyes and a face.
That goomba totally has arms.
Is that a Koopa Troopa on top of the phone booth? Why is he holding a flag? Maybe that's a stuff trophy of one of the many flagpoles Mario has conquered.

I kinda want someone to go completely in-depth and explain every detail that this thing got wrong.
[/quote]

Has this image been posted on Supper Mario Broth? If yes, could you link that image?

Thanks for reading.

I think Mario Sr. died in 1973, so since Donkey Kong was released in 1981, nobody knows who Mario's dad really was.

So he smokes a pipe... and has a white, fluffy beard reminiscent of a certain Sailor Man's father... EVEN WITH COPYRIGHT ISSUES, THE CONNECTION REMAINS. POPEYE IS MARIO'S FATHER. MARIO (and probably Wario too) IS DESCENDED FROM HERCULES.

#preraredkrevealed

Edit: about that second link, if you go to the previous page for the context you'll find a conversation that can be pretty hard to read after what happened earlier this year, and I don't know what to do about that other than acknowledge it here

So this one uses images that I colored and submitted to the wiki, which I probably wouldn't have had Glowsquig not brought the "Armed Forces Pilot" page to my attention. This one time I was looking at a friend of a friend's brother's page on Facebook and his cover image was my coloring of the "Business Executive" page.

You reminded me to ask: How many times has something you added on the wiki ended up on Supper Mario Broth?

I remember uploading the rejected NSMB Wii boxart on the wiki, and the very next day it was posted on Supper Mario Broth's (now-defunct) twitter account. Not the only time it happened either.

I think a lot of Mario Party stuff was our work OR they took it off a sprite database (though we would have used the sprite database to upload those sprites... which we didn't) OR they ripped it themselves (this one makes me think it's indeed our work; I remember uploading only four people: Mario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Wario, because I used those four). Also, some Super Mario-Kun stuff, like the recent image from the Broth.

tumblr_obbx78yf3N1rrftcdo5_400.jpg

This here's the origin of that whole Alfredo and Yellow Mario thing I sometimes ramble about. Stuart Ashen made a video of this board game with Guru Larry, where they concluded the blue player was "Alfredo" and the yellow one was Wario. But then I began to notice some more blue and yellow Marios throughout the series, and I began to realize the yellow one wasn't Wario.

A recent theory I've had is that the yellow one is Pietro, who claims to be the third Mario brother and proves it with facts only a member of the Mario family would know, but later on Luigi convinces him they're 9000 dollars in debt and he'll have to pay a third of that, and Pietro quickly comes clean and says he's a con man who learned the things he knew from "the plumber's who's who" and ditches the brothers.

But to me, that explanation seems more rushed and sketchy than his initial backstory, which makes me think he really is a long lost brother to Mario and Luigi, but his Wario-esque dishonesty and greed and Luigi's supposed cunning caused him to abandon that life for good. ...or did he?

Who knows, maybe he has some connection to ~ario from the previous page of this thread.

Oh god, that one quote where Shigeru Miyamoto was contemplating giving Mario a third brother, I wonder if he was thinking about that guy.

tumblr_oc1wk6saKx1rrftcdo3_250.png

Interesting that this is how Mario Party 9 looked like. Even this version lacks Luigi! If you don't remember, the first time Mario Party 9's box art was revealed, all playable characters except Luigi was visible, but the final version has Luigi in a castle in a distance.

tumblr_mdw1wnoZ3y1rrftcdo1_250.jpg

I wonder what the 1994 manga was this showed this version of Waluigi. Looks like a very wild interpretation of Waluigi given how much "fatter" this one is.

Thanks for reading.

I really like that sketch for Mario Party 9. I... would almost like it more but I'm a 3D model enthusiast, so yeah.

http://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/154375106570/in-the-newer-super-mario-series-games-starting

It's interesting how Daisy's got no nose texture, because when I see Daisy's face, I thought it was odd when you look at her on the front and you can't see her nose, giving it an eerie look. This confirms my suspicion that something's off about her face.

I guess you can add this to the list of oddities about Daisy: Third eye, a second set of teeth, and now noseless (when viewed from the front).

Thanks for reading.

She's not noseless, she just doesn't have a texture that gives her nose extra definition. Don't know why they didn't add extra detail as with every other character or thing, just a flat color. But anyhow, it's like saying the Mario Kart Wii Mario doesn't have a nose because iirc his face texture doesn't have it.

By the way, did you remember when you had some doubts about Supper Mario Broth obtaining material from the Wiki? Well...

http://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/154367912075/idle-animations-of-the-koopalings-from-paper

The animated sprites were somewhat... familiar, so I downloaded them and used WinMerge to compare it to the ones I had uploaded to the Wiki.

The results? They are the same files!

Considering how I ddin't even work that much on them once I sorted out the alignment of the single frames and that I'm not even sure about the frames' timing since I didn't manage to record the game yet, seeing them featured elsewhere surprises me...

Back