'Shroom Spotlight

Mercy said:
I haven't played Mario Maker in a while though so if anyone else is more familiar with the tragic backstory of Mr. Eraser they should probably make a post about it lo

Mr. Eraser was an inhabitant of the Fifth Dimension until it was destroyed by the Genoblast. Sole survivor of his kin, Mr. Eraser's quest for violent retribution is detailed in Bloodstorm: Project W.A.R.

Alex95 said:
I'm not entirely sure what is expected of the Daytripper's trivia section. It isn't long with only two pieces of trivia, so do we want it incorporated in some way?
The page had been de-trivia'd about an hour before the Spotlight template was put on the page.

People always had that habit of doing the trivia focus before I woke up an put the template on it :P

A new, slightly-delayed edition has been released!

We've done a lot of planning behind the scenes, and we're ready to proudly introduce a beautiful set of colors which will now be used to visually distinguish between different types of spotlight focuses. Generally, users who prefer creating and expanding articles and sections should look for red focuses, users who enjoy rewriting content should look for blue, etc. This would be especially useful if we were to cover several pages from similar maintenance categories, for your at-a-glance convenience. A complete list of focus-types and their respective colors is now available on the the main project page (The 'Shroom:Spotlight).

Now onto our spooky October focuses! Here's a quick list to keep track of our progress throughout this month:
And as always, we welcome readers to leave us feedback about the Spotlight project, this month especially regarding the new color coding system (and whether you are happy with the current colors). Thanks everyone, and good luck!

I quite like the new colors. Gives a better emphasis on what type of work is needed on the specified article.

I know I said I'd work on Mushroom Park last month, but the game wasn't fun and Mario Parties can be unpredictable, especially, with COMs. Perhaps I'll work on that another day.

I'll get Switch Shock Circus going, though, since that game is actually fun to play. Plus, I'm at that level right now. Convenience!

EDIT: Added the layout. Took me a few tries, though, cause I kept dying :P

Fantastic! And thanks for the feedback :D

One of Doopliss's trivia points said:
There are small things that could potentially tip the player off that something was up with "Mario" and that the chapter hadn't quite ended yet immediately after the first fight with him, if the player was paying close attention to detail; when Doopliss, as Mario, grabs the Ruby Star, the sprite displayed shows Mario's 'angry face' and is standing flat on his feet, unlike the normal 'end of chapter' animation, which shows Mario as happy and on his tiptoes. Also, no announcement about an increase in Star Power or the ability to use Art Attack is shown. Also, during the fight with him as Shadow Mario, his "Standing" animation is different from that of Mario's. After the fight, "Mario" can be seen using this same animation in place of his standard animation.

this isn't written in english, is it?

..... Just try to read that first sentence in one breath.

YoshiKong said:
..... Just try to read that first sentence in one breath.

There are small things that could potentially tip the player off that something was up with "Mario" and that the chapter hadn't quite ended yet immediately after the first fight with him, if the player was paying close attention to detail; when Doopliss, as Mario, grabs the Ruby Star, the sprite displayed shows Mario's 'angry face' and is standing flat on his feet, unlike the normal 'end of chapter' animation, which shows Mario as happy and on his tiptoes.

for ---'s sake

maybe i'm just being stupid but i don't see duplicate planet entries in Ghostly Galaxy

Wildgoosespeeder made that tag btw. I could reword the planet entries but I don't see what to remove.

oh and before i forget i got rid of the rewrite-expansion template in Ghost Valley 3

And to be frank I didn't notice that you guys just recently added color coding. It's still miles better than red everywhere, so I'm good with it.

Baby Luigi said:
maybe i'm just being stupid but i don't see duplicate planet entries in Ghostly Galaxy

Wildgoosespeeder made that tag btw. I could reword the planet entries but I don't see what to remove.
Just had a proper chance to sit down and read it all carefully: You're right, there's no clear duplicate entries or information. I thought the problem may have also been some overlap between the "planets" and "missions" sections, but it doesn't seem so. I believe it was originally tagged because of how "bone pen" and "bone pen planets" are split from each other, although with similar names.

But please feel to revise/reword the "planets" section; that is definitely needed.

Baby Luigi said:
oh and before i forget i got rid of the rewrite-expansion template in Ghost Valley 3
Great work. Earlier today, Wildgoosespeeder and I uploaded some screenshots for the article, with a little more information on the layout (a difference between the SNES and GBA track). So those are our Ghost Valley 3 focuses out of the way!

Baby Luigi said:
And to be frank I didn't notice that you guys just recently added color coding. It's still miles better than red everywhere, so I'm good with it.
We definitely agree with you, thanks for the feedback ;)

I'm going to question everything about Dead-End Space.

• Where did the name come from? It doesn't appear in the online manual, nor in any video that I've seen.
  • Are all of the space's appearances one and the same? Going by this video, which shows the space's three appearances in Perilous Palace Path, it looks completely different: the first two are giant, stony circles, while the final appearance actually looks like a space?
  • Are we sure that it isn't just a Captain Event Space? The final appearance of the space in Perilous Palace Path, as well as its sole appearance in Shy Guy's Shuffle City and Bowser's Peculiar Peak, show that the two look identical to one another (a green space with a yellow ⃠), and they both serve the same purpose of immediately stopping whichever player crosses over it.

The article's built on shaky grounds, and I'd support merging it with Captain Event Space.

I think it's also important to check an article's history if you ever wonder where its name is derived from. If you look at the article's history, it was created by Joseph (who I don't think is exactly the most experienced or mature user here) and the initial quality was very low.

Anyway, the problem with merging with Captain Event Space is that the two spaces come from two completely different Mario Parties and we do have separate articles on identical spaces with different functions due to fundamentally different games (Dice Block Space is notable). Even though we do have Safe Spaces merged with Blue Space and Danger Spaces merged with Red Space despite function, though using Dice Block Space as a precedent, those should be split. Anyhow, they aren't necessarily Captain Event Spaces because there isn't a captain mechanic in Mario Party: Island Tour, where these spaces appear, so I'm a little shaky on merging it there despite aesthetic and even functional similarities.

I'd argue that the Captain Space was simply retooled to fit the needs of the game. As you said, MPIT doesn't use that mechanic, but the two spaces both look identical (there's a difference between a monochromatic space and a space that uses the exact same symbol in the exact same way) and share the same function.

Ghostly Galaxy

I've rewritten the planets, got rid of potential duplicate entries, relegated conjecture text to paragraphs instead of headers, and even cleaned up the missions and reformatted it into an overview table which the missions be in their own pages, something imo that should have been mentioned in our goals. I will rewrite the redirects for the missions to be their own articles, gimme a sec.

I've done all of that

btw, can we get like a new template that says the work is done? Sometimes, people get the wrong idea and see the template on there and still think the problems on there are still present despite them being fixed.

Baby Luigi said:
btw, can we get like a new template that says the work is done? Sometimes, people get the wrong idea and see the template on there and still think the problems on there are still present despite them being fixed.
Me and YK both like this idea, and we'll create something ready for the next issue. Thank you for contributing :)

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll...
But listen closely...
Not for very much longer...
I've got to keep control.
I remember doing the Spotlight.
Drinking those moments when
A goal was unfulfilled.
And the deadline was calling.

Let's do the Spotlight again.

It's just a click to the left.

And then an edit to the right.

With your hand on your keys.

You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the sweaty brows.
They really drive you insane.

It's so dreamy
Oh, fantasy free me
So you can't see me
No not at all.

In another dimension
With improvement intentions.
Well secluded I see all...

With a bit of a mind flip...
You're into a bad edit...
And nothing can ever be the same.
You're spaced out on sensation.
Like you're under sedation.

Well, I was walking down the street
Just having a think
When a new editor
Wrote down something that stinks.
Well it shook me up
It took me by surprise
I couldn't fix it then
Out a template there
YK picked it up
It was highlighted for all
Now I gotta fix it
Or no one will.

A new, edition has been released!

And as always, we welcome readers to leave us feedback about the Spotlight project, this month. Thanks everyone, and good luck!

Be sure to leave feedback about Yoshi876's spontaneous and inspirational Time Warp parody as well 8)

Last month we fulfilled all of our goals, and had an incredible turnout from many different users. Well done everyone, and best of luck for this month!

Shokora said:
Be sure to leave feedback about Yoshi876's spontaneous and inspirational Time Warp parody as well 8)
:eek:

Seems the only I can do is provide pics of Mario of the Deep. So, I guess I'll do that.

Where's my candy?

Back