'Shroom Spotlight

Hi there, I noticed on the bottom of the 'Shroom Spotlight page that it said we could make suggestions here? Just a small one, but feel free to ignore it if you like, but perhaps one of the coloured Yoshi's pages? A while back I gave them all properly formatted list of game appearances tables, and I noticed that the articles themselves were pretty bad. I can't really do it because I haven't played most of the games, but many sections are single short sentences. Perhaps an idea for future editions? But feel free to ignore it if it is useless or in the wrong place. :yoshi:

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll definitely consider this for a future edition.

• I've rewritten parts of Twilight Town, but I think the summary actually serves this article well. We don't really need a plot synopsis for this place, other articles handle it very well already.
  • For File:Ninji SMR.png, does a higher quality version of this even exist? It's pretty much on par with other characters like Boom Boom, Stretch, and Bull's Eye Bill. I think it's a bit unfair to designate that image with a quality template but not the others.

I can't really help with the rest.

Baby Luigi said:
For File:Ninji SMR.png, does a higher quality version of this even exist? It's pretty much on par with other characters like Boom Boom, Stretch, and Bull's Eye Bill. I think it's a bit unfair to designate that image with a quality template but not the others.[/list]
I discussed it with Y876, and you're right. This artwork doesn't seem to be available elsewhere other than in-game (I just roughly combed the press and official game pages).

I think the image can still be improved. The ideal width of a Super Mario Run screenshot seems to be 640px (when taken on an iPhone 4 or 5). Any larger sized iProduct screen causes blurry full-sized screenshots. So ideally, the artwork could be recaptured to get it's best possible quality.

What's up with Go! Go! Morphing! having a more images tag? There are several other SMA2 levels that are of comparable length but only have one image and don't have the improvement tag (one (Watch Out For Lakitu), two (The Cave Of Harry Hedgehog), three (Jammin' Through The Trees), four (Nep-Enut's Domain), five (Jungle Rhythm...), six (Welcome To Monkey World!), seven (Fight Toadies w/ Toadies), eight (Exercise in the Skies), nine (BLIZZARD!!!), and ten (Ride The Ski Lifts), to list a few). Are the other pages in the wrong for not having the tag?

By the way, what happened to the roundup posts from before, where you'd list the articles on the spotlight? I feel weird asking questions before that's been posted, like I'm doing it too early or something.

Time Turner said:
What's up with Go! Go! Morphing! having a more images tag? There are several other SMA2 levels that are of comparable length but only have one image and don't have the improvement tag (one (Watch Out For Lakitu), two (The Cave Of Harry Hedgehog), three (Jammin' Through The Trees), four (Nep-Enut's Domain), five (Jungle Rhythm...), six (Welcome To Monkey World!), seven (Fight Toadies w/ Toadies), eight (Exercise in the Skies), nine (BLIZZARD!!!), and ten (Ride The Ski Lifts), to list a few). Are the other pages in the wrong for not having the tag?
Shokora chose that one, so I can't vouch for him, but looking at it, while it's certainly fine, I think because of all the transformations in it, the article could have a little gallery at the bottom showcasing them all.

By the way, what happened to the roundup posts from before, where you'd list the articles on the spotlight? I feel weird asking questions before that's been posted, like I'm doing it too early or something.
Last month wasn't posted mainly because of my busy schedule around then, and when it resolved it felt a bit late, but I can certainly put on in now.

Monopoly Gamer - Wanted Article
Large Coin - Stub
Twilight Town - Rewrite
Yellow Yoshi - Rewrite-expand
File:Ninji SMR.png - Quality
Go! Go! Morphing! - More images.

I think level articles in general all benefit from a gallery of images like how we do that for the race tracks in the Mario Kart series.

Lakituthequick said:
Android exists too.

I just took a screenshot of Ninji's picture on Android and it seems to be of higher quality.

I've uploaded it over the existing one.
Not too familiar with Android. But your version look great!

Hello! Is it possible for the Smorg (species) article to be featured in a future edition? It contains some poor writing, though I'm not sure how to improve it myself.

I understand why you're bothered by it, it's written like a story rather than an encyclopedia entries with sentences such as

Mario was just speaking with the driver when a Smorg splatted on the window. Then another, and another, and another, until the entire window was blocked.

and

All the Smorgs began to squeeze together, and they formed an octopus-like monstrosity.

Yeah, those two sentences were bothering me the most. Also, another article that could possibly be featured in a 'Shroom Spotlight is Diamond Police, as it also contains some poor writing.

The .26 Sonic series is definitely important. Thanks for the suggestion!

TheFlameChomp said:
Also, another article that could possibly be featured in a 'Shroom Spotlight is Diamond Police, as it also contains some poor writing.
Apologies, I missed this when going for a rewrite focus. If the article's still in bad shape come next month, it will be featured.

Anyhow, here's out six focuses for the month.

Coins Galore (wanted article) Bonus: Additional images required
Koopa Troopa (section-stub, rewrite-expand)
Sphinx (character) (rewrite)
Tanooki Mario (trivia)
File:DryBonesKart.PNG (image-quality)
Psystrike (more images)

I think I've sorted out Tanooki Mario, but you'll probably have to double check for me so that it's definitely done properly.

Mirror Kirby said:
TheFlameChomp said:
Also, another article that could possibly be featured in a 'Shroom Spotlight is Diamond Police, as it also contains some poor writing.
Apologies, I missed this when going for a rewrite focus. If the article's still in bad shape come next month, it will be featured.
Don't worry about missing that, it's not an emergency. Also, I feel that 7feetunder and I have fixed up Sphinx (character).

Added the 3DS image for Psystrike, and the rest of the DLC Final Smashes while I was at it.

Coins Galore is also up, though I couldn't get screenshots of the actual minigames because *bleep* Mummy-Me Maze Forever (EDIT: Images have been added thanks to L151).

Red Flagpole can use a lot of work: many you's and implied you's and improper capitalization on a lot of the stuff, plus messy writing, I fixed up on it a bit but it still needs a lot more tweaking

luigidabest said:
Red Flagpole can use a lot of work: many you's and implied you's and improper capitalization on a lot of the stuff, plus messy writing, I fixed up on it a bit but it still needs a lot more tweaking
Thanks, we'll look into it. Can't be in this month's as the rewrite focus is something else, and probably not next issue as Halloween-themed, but if it's still bad by November's Spotlight, then we'll put it in there :)

Sorry, I didn't look into the Koopa Troopa thing properly, but don't worry, I have all but one of the Mario & Sonic games, so I'll get playing through them soon and getting the information as soon as possible. Shouldn't take any more than a month at most.

Back