'Shroom Spotlight

GBAToad said:
^fantastic
'
Ghost Jam said:
he's not really done anything that can be reported on, aside from saying "see this list of games and side projects? he worked on all that".
honestly a 'games credited' section similar to the one on Goro Abe's article would be enough imo

i don't have the time to gather such a list myself though D:

If that's acceptable, I can probably toss one together without too much issue.

I've probably should've checked here before putting up a preliminary one :v.

doesn't make me eager for when we'll have to make one for miyamoto's page

Ukiki has more problems than just its lack of images. It wouldn't take me too long to gather the images, but the article really isn't going to look good if it isn't expanded beforehand.

Glowsquid said:

Not a problem. Collaboration and all that.

Shouldn't be that big of an issue. Either we just say "all the things" or we offer a truncated list.

Time Turner said:
Ukiki has more problems than just its lack of images. It wouldn't take me too long to gather the images, but the article really isn't going to look good if it isn't expanded beforehand.
I'm happy for you and other editors to expand it where necessary.

Time Turner said:
oh yeah go for it, anything to improve the article is gr8 really

Glowsquid said:

lol

well even if the list is incomplete the article is certainly not a stub anymore

daily reminder that Kremling still exists in the state that it does now :dk2:

For the Poochy page, someone might want to track down the source for this and integrate it into the article.

The entire video would be good for a development section on Woolly World, but here's what they have about Poochy (it's kinda hard to hear certain bits due to the game sound):

• Question: Is Poochy a dog? Answer: He's a creature that's similar to a dog.
  • Takahashi Tezuka did, in fact, own a dog by the name of Poochy, but I can't tell if Poochy was inspired by his pet or just named after his pet.
  • Due to his strong feelings about his pet, he fought strongly for Poochy to be the name of the dog-ish creature.
  • Good-Feel put a lot of time into Poochy's animations, and they got attached to him during development.

^cool stuff, i think it certainly warrants an origin section on poochy's article

GBAToad said:
Time Turner said:
oh yeah go for it, anything to improve the article is gr8 really
I've hit a bit of a roadblock with this; how exactly do I go about expanding a game in which Ukikis do nothing but appear in the audience? There's nothing to say except, "Look, monkeys!", so it's not technically wrong, but having one-liner sections like that just looks wrong to me.

make an "other appearances" section that says "Ukikis appear as audience members in [Gaems]"

FYI, Cylinder of Cheese is already done.

Awesome work people!

I see the Blooper image was also done, so just Mount Must Dash, Ski Lift Leap and Watch the Skies. A YouTube search for those should be sufficient enough to get the info.

For the record, giving an article to Ashley's Creepy Crew is actually really complicated. From what everyone on the WarioWare thread has been able to tell, "Ashley's Creepy Crew" refers to the back-up singers that play second fiddle to Ashley as she sings, as far as we can tell. The problem is, they don't make a physical appearance at any point, as far as we can tell. They appear in the credits, but the franchise has a habit of listing singers in the credits even if they don't appear... as far as we can tell, do you see the pattern here? A lot of the names have been applied to characters through deduction and common sense, but that can only take you so far. If we're correct, the Crew should at best get a section on the list of implied characters, but it's vague enough that I would recommend putting the spotlight on someone/something else.

I looked at Peach's Bedroom and I immediately have a lot of thoughts.

Is this extra room in Peach's Castle really Peach's Bedroom? It looks like an empty room with a chair on it and, of course, Mario's portrait there.

What the hell is up with all this disjoint information? The article started as that single room in Super Mario 64 DS, but editors then just added every single instance where it appeared, so it becomes this mess. I think the article can be trimmed, but I think we can salvage the one from Paper Mario since you always start there in the intermission segments in Paper Mario.

Finally

The Bedroom is featureless, except for a pink bed (obviously Princess Peach's bed)

OBVIOUSLY her bed?

Peach%27s_Bedroom.PNG

What pink bed? That bench? That's obviously not a bed, it's a chair.

I'm honestly not sure why Volcannon is considered a stub or needs to be expanded. It pretty much has all the necessary information.

I wasn't 100% sure on featuring Volcannon, but I thought that maybe it could be used to get like secret treasures or something, but if there's nothing else to go on the article then the tags can be removed.

Back