FTG's art

I might do those at some point :)

This one is spoiler marked because... it's spoilers :P

tWHtHam.png

Honestly, maybe this should be the happy medium Mario and Bowser can agree to.

You know you could've just PMed him that, not to be rude or anything.

I didn't know Dimentio kept a donkey around.

The line quality looks fuzzy, that's what I'm referring to, something similar to Yoshi's Island artwork, but fuzzier. Is that your intention? I like the variety in the widths of some of the lines, though, gives them character.

Yeah the fuzzy lines are intentional. Since it was drawn in a more traditional sense (though still digital) than vector art, I like to use that to make it look a bit more like a drawing rather than the super-smooth style PM normally uses (though I still often use that style, but I don't like to stick to it completely)

I originally followed a M&L style tutorial to make King Candy and Kammy Koopa, but I feel like what I ended up making wasn't so much a M&L style but just a more fuzzy brush like style. With Paper Mario here, I tried applying that to the thicker lines present in official PM artwork.

Speaking of which, I forgot to post this here.

ciao_for_the_night_by_fawfulthegreat64-dbu92j4.png

Here's my art summary for 2017. There was nothing in January/February so I substituted another from May to poke fun at it. Also includes my most recent drawing of my avatar character.

EDIT- spoilered b/c the October image is Odyssey spoilers, apologies if you were spoiled :(

art_summary_2017_by_fawfulthegreat64-dbx9h38.png

Remember my SPM artwork for the 10th anniversary? Well considering it's now 2018 it would be awkward to apply that label to this artwork, but here's Wedding Peach.

4rk.svg
wedding_peach__modern___super_paper_mario_by_fawfulthegreat64-dbzcckw.png

This is the first piece I've done entirely in Inkscape, with no need to add any shading in Photoshop afterward. Of course, it took a lot longer to make, but on the other hand I can put up the original SVG because it doesn't look unfinished for once.

EDIT: Added Color Splash style version (PNG) and updated the original to SVG embed.

IMO, the bumpmapping on...the green guy is a little harsh. You should also tweak the UV mapping on the top teeth.

Peach looks good though!

How's this? I toned down the bumpmapping, though I don't know how to UV map and the mouth was actually worse than that before I brought it into Photoshop, but I missed the top teeth. Fixed now.

strike_of_the_green_thunder_by_fawfulthegreat64-dc3nezg.png

The bandanna is entirely absent on the actual model btw. I couldn't properly add it to the body texture (even the belt looks odd due to being added to the body texture and editing the bump map to reflect it)

Are Peach’s eyes really that big in Odyssey?

Back