What is the best experience you have had in a mafia game

Gundam Tanaka said:
PvZ Mafia. Enough said.
Not enough said, really. I had a role that was rigged so that I would die Night 3, and the only way to win was to be alive. Somehow I managed to bomb an unlynchable mafia and a fool mafia (which doesn't even count as mafia).

Rolf said:
Xerneas said:
Oh, and when MCD killed himself in the same mafia.

that was funny, especially how that only happened because of bad luck

in fact, i think it was a pretty smart move, in hindsight, as it made me appear innocent

Very true...

Some other mafias I have remembered. Ahem....

Luigi's Mansion Mafia, Mafia Finale (where I lynched the last three mafia all on just random lynching), NES Mafia, PM Mafia, RPS Mafia, and then some more.

Some bad games were Simpson's Mafia (had they trusted me, our team wouldn't have lost), 'Shroom Mafia II (same thing with Simpson's Mafia), Mafia 2011 (Everytime I think about it, I get pissed off at Rocker who used my power to try to protect himself from the vig, thus not only getting him killed, the watcher/tracker immediately saw that I used my power on Gamefreak, thus making me for sure scummy. I was pissed at him.), Awards Mafia (MCD - the person I had to kill - told me who he was Day 1, and I die like Day 2 before I could kill him, and he makes it to the end. I also accidentally told something after I died, and got disqualified from any points from that mafia).

I have noticed that I usually have really good win streaks. I had from like Homestuck Mafia, AR Mafia, and Wind Waker Mafia. I've actually had another one as of late, going from KIU Mafia, PM Mafia, Digimafia, and DvN Mafia. I got to see if I have any bad streaks. Usually I get them when I've been like mafia 5 times in a row and I'm just being nailed (I know I had one of those streaks like that).

My best experience? Killing smasher in Nostalgia Mafia. I took a chance, and I killed a mafia. It was a one shot. And it worked.

Making the roles have been a lot of fun.

I'll have to witness what hosting is like firsthand.

Silver Spoon said:

Yeah, making roles is great.

Problem with hosting is that you (presumably) put in a lot of effort into making a good game and then it all goes wrong.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Silver Spoon said:

Problem with hosting is that you (presumably) put in a lot of effort into making a good game and then it all goes wrong.
The worst part is when you spend so much time working on the theme and the roles, and then you have to replace eight players because they're inactive.

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Silver Spoon said:

The worst part is when you spend so much time working on the theme and the roles, and then you have to replace eight players because they're inactive.
or there's a guy who switches two people's roles at a critical moment so they each fail their objective

Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Silver Spoon said:

or there's a guy who switches two people's roles at a critical moment so they each fail their objective
Which game was that?

Nabber Mafia. A player was the Bus Driver (I believe it was FE) and switched Fred and George's roles separately on two different nights, just as they checked each other.

Fitting considering the flavor was Discord.

Sochies said:
My best experience? Killing smasher in Nostalgia Mafia. I took a chance, and I killed a mafia. It was a one shot. And it worked.

It was also one of my best experiences as well because it was hilarious how you told everyone that you rolled a dice between 6 people, and you just so happened to land on one of the mafia members. Talk about luck putting salt into the wound. I mean, out of all the people, with a 1/6 chance of hitting anyone, you get a mafia member.

Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:
My best experience is hosting mafia because I get to watch sheep. :mario:
I for one hate hosting mafias.

Then why do you do it...?
I just get excited about planning things out and incorporating gimmicks. Also, I think a part of me thinks one day I'll host a good mafia.

Xerneas said:
Sochies said:

It was also one of my best experiences as well because it was hilarious how you told everyone that you rolled a dice between 6 people, and you just so happened to land on one of the mafia members. Talk about luck putting salt into the wound. I mean, out of all the people, with a 1/6 chance of hitting anyone, you get a mafia member.

Yeah, I was literally saying to myself "I have to make a decision now! Or it could be too late!" and I just decided to leave it up to chance.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:

I just get excited about planning things out and incorporating gimmicks. Also, I think a part of me thinks one day I'll host a good mafia.
Have you ever hosted a standard, "Innocents vs. Mafia" game with no fancy gimmicks?

Gundam Tanaka said:
Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:

I have to agree. Sometimes it gets really REALLY annoying when you have all these new things planned, and the planner doesn't use it. (Coughtimmytethercough coughrockerperservercough). Though it does make make my day when they actually use it (coughnabberambivalentcough).

Of course, as I stated before, the worse thing as a host is watching each and every mistake of a player. Like, when Lily got herself killed by the granny that basically has been confirmed like three times, I was like "*falepalm* fmhl (f*** my hosting life)".

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:

Have you ever hosted a standard, "Innocents vs. Mafia" game with no fancy gimmicks?
My first mafia, Simpsons Mafia.

Forum's Choice is going to be mostly without fancy gimmicks, though I think I'll throw in one or two twists.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:

Did it work?

best was werewolf III or possibly awards I (werewolf III was just fun in general and awards I i almost won as the godfather)

worst was probably awards II where i was randomly killed night 1 and then didn't get to do shit for the rest of the game.

Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Time Turner said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Hiyoko Saionji said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looker said:

Did it work?
I don't think it went too badly, about eight days.

Back