Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Cheese Land is the most fun I've had on 200cc.

Alright, I've finally completed 200cc in all tracks with triple stars. It was hard for the most part, I tell you! It's basically the reason I resorted to the Biddybuggy since that's a kart with a high handling and acceleration. Initially I used Mario for the 32 tracks, then I used Koopa Troopa for the DLC tracks because of its higher accel and handling, plus Koopa Troopa needs some love. Here are some things I found out when I tried them:

- Twisted Mansion and Shy Guy Falls gave me a lot of trouble for their deep turns at certain parts of the track.
- Bone Dry Dunes is surprising easy to win despite being a turn-heavy track. I think the CPUs must be having a harder time than me.
- Rainbow Road (Wii U) is unsurprisingly hard thanks to the two wide turns near the beginning of this track.
- Rainbow Road (N64) is completed for the first time. I thought it will be a hard track.
- Dragon Driftway is hellish in getting first, thanks to two things: getting hit by items usually, and those tight turns at certain intervals of this tracks. I do manage to snag some lucky wins, though it was undone by failing to get first in Mute City.
- Bell Cup is overall hard to complete, but I somehow got 3-stars in a short time compared to Hyrule Cup (thanks to Dragon Driftway).

It's really intense and requires a good knowledge on when to turn, but it's something I don't dare to go through unless I am doing it with other people since I am sure people like it more than CPUs does. Plus, competing with CPUs already gave me a lot of stress in getting 3-stars.

What I like about 200cc:
- A sense of speed
- Ability to take certain routes not possible in 150cc
- Straightway-heavy tracks are fun to navigate
- Rewarding if I successfully traverse tight turns
- Opportunity to use some characters I like well (Mario and Koopa Troopa)

What I dislike about 200cc:
- Turn heavy tracks are hard to do
- Heavier penalty with items (since everyone's travelling very fast)
- More stressful when getting 3 stars in Grand Prix

Overall, I give 200cc a score of 8 out of 10!

Thanks for reading.

I'll only play 200cc to 100% the game and that's it
Maybe it was a bad idea for my first 200cc attempt to be on Neo Bowser City using Dry Bowser
Mario Kart Stadium with Baby Luigi and the Biddybud sounds much easier

Fire Emblem Character said:
so i'm now completely addicted to big blue's music

as with mute city's theme, i just think all covers are inferior to the original version.

I couldn't hear most of Mario Kart 8's music thanks to the screaming and boosting and engine noises.

Might as well turn the music off.

Mario Party Σ said:
I couldn't hear most of Mario Kart 8's music thanks to the screaming and boosting and engine noises.

That's odd considering I have no problem hearing the music in the game. (although engine noises are loud)

I played 200cc and managed to do a Ultrashortcut on
Wii U Rainbow Road.

Similar to the shortcut PGP does in Time Trials, i jump
off the road (With a Golden Mushroom) and i keep boosting
and i land right at the boost pad turn. (Sounds impossible
but belive it or not the game glitches out and i "float" onto
the road.).

Lucina said:
Mario Party Σ said:

That's odd considering I have no problem hearing the music in the game. (although engine noises are loud)
Probably because there are usually two people on the screen at the same time, and, out of all people, (Tanooki) Mario and Baby Luigi.

so nintendo released their fiscal report for last year saying that they're going to continue making dlc for mk8.
lots of people are saying that new dlc has been confirmed by this, but idk. because the fiscal year ends on march, they might have just been referring to the dlc that came out in april.

Fire Emblem Character said:
so nintendo released their fiscal report for last year saying that they're going to continue making dlc for mk8.
lots of people are saying that new dlc has been confirmed by this, but idk. because the fiscal year ends on march, they might have just been referring to the dlc that came out in april.

By March they were probably almost done with the 2nd DLC Pack (Especially considering they decided to release earlier then was originally planned)

It could still be construed to mean that, but the fact they mentioned it seems like the DLC Packs (They could tell how much DLC Pack 2 was doing based on the people who pre-ordered the DLC in advance) were financial successes and thus Nintendo may be heavily considering making even more as a result.

First I wouldn't be surprised if they made more DLC

Second, I would be really psyched for more. Absolutely psyched

Baby Luigi said:
Second, I would be really psyched for more. Absolutely psyched
same here
kirby x mk8 please

also there should be a smash x mk8 pack with diddy, bowser jr, and captain falcon

Kirby x Mario Kart 8 would be cool if they used Kirby, Birdo, and Diddy as playable characters.

Then F-Zero X Mario kart 8 with Captain Falcon, Bowser Jr, and King Boo.

And Kirby x Mario Kart 8 should use tracks from Air Ride

Or a new track that would be sweet too

If any more DLC characters are being planned, the following should really have high priority...

Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
King Boo

MnSG said:
If any more DLC characters are being planned, the following should really have high priority...

Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
King Boo
ahem dry bones

What's that? You guys want Gold Mario, Fox Luigi, Fire Peach, and Baby Wario? Well, since you all asked for them...

Baby Wario would be amazing tho

I got gold in all cups in 200c (Not going for three stars for my own sanity)

Used my medium weight Mii with the Sonic outfit on everyone and used the Landship and the Biddybuggy with Leaf Tires (It really pays to have high acceleration/low speed. I was struggling on a few courses with my regular pipe frame combo when I practiced in Vs. Mode)

Also I don't know if it's just me but both DLC packs feel like the hardest to do in 200cc. Particulary Triforce Cup (Wario's Gold Mine and SNES Rainbow Road) and Bell Cup (I had hell break loose in my run through Super Bell Subway. I placed 7th. Luckily I still did good enough in the other 3 courses to get Gold but god damn is that Subway hell in 200cc)

Also 200cc actually makes MK8's Rainbow Road difficult. It's like they put 200cc in for those who complained that the new Rainbow Road was too easy xD

Back