Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

i actually had a fairly easy time with triforce cup, wario's gold mine is definitely one of my favorite tracks for 200cc. i do agree with you that the bell cup is hell though, neo bowser city in particular. subway can be pretty bad sometimes as well.

With the 200cc cups finished I now go to Vs. Mode for 200cc with random courses and no items from time to time. Maybe it ruins the point of playing Mario Kart without items but as a single player experience there's actually a certain thrill to speeding through the courses without the worry of any kind of shell (In my experience mostly green shells from out of nowhere. I still swear they're more devilish then the Blue Shell in this game due to how the AI uses them. Especially annoys me when they throw the Green Shell when you're directly behind them) or any other kind of item ruining your race.

hitting you at any point. What would be boring at any other cc Level actually feels exhilarating in 200cc :)

If Mario Kart 8 wasn't already my favorite Mario Kart game before. It definitely is now. 200cc really provided some new life into the game I think. When I still want to play but don't want to necessarily go 200cc I'll go to 150cc with Mushrooms Only if I want to use my normal ol' combo but still want a sense of the speed. I really think it'd made me enjoy the game more.

You should try Mushrooms Only instead of no items

Didn't like 200cc, and in all honesty I wouldn't have noticed any difference in speed between this and 150cc if I didn't keep flying off at the corners.

Still wondering how Birdo is not available for selection, yet she makes a cameo in this game.

Look very carefully in one of the ads on the side of the track on N64 Royal Raceway

I've gotten 3 stars on everything except the DLC mirror mode and here's what happened from what I can remember. Combo was Baby Luigi + P-Wing + GLA tires + Plane Glider for every single one

Mushroom Cup: CPUS were a joke, took only one try.
Flower Cup: Wendy was a *bleep* to me on that, especially on Shy Guy Falls, took me two tries.
Star Cup: Pathetic. Even Dolphin Shoals was easy. Took me only one try.
Special Cup: I think this took me only one try.

Shell Cup: Easy as peas. Took only one try.
Banana Cup: Despite this cup beyond an ass to me while on multiplayer on 150cc with my twin, I breezed through it with ease. Took me only one try.
Leaf Cup: I thought Wario Stadium and Music Park would give me some trouble. I was wrong. Took me only one try.
Lightning Cup: I ALMOST lost to Metal Mario on N64 Rainbow Road. I didn't. Took me only one try.

Egg Cup: I thought this cup would be tough nails. Again I was wrong. Took me only one try.
Triforce Cup: As with Special Cup, I THINK it took me only one try. Oh wait I remember, SNES Rainbow Road was that stupid thing where all the CPUs love driving off of. So yeah, one try.
Crossing Cup: Same with Egg Cup, I thought it would be difficult. It wasn't. Well despite the narrow victory in Cheese Land. Thanks for letting me pass the finish line, Toadette!
Bell Cup: This was the cup I had the most trouble with. I got pwned in Ribbon Road by Villager. Second try, I was item abused to the hell, I slipped on three bananas in a row in Ribbon Road, I got hit by the train multiple times in Super Bell Subway, and I ALMOST lost in Big Blue (thankfully the last red shell in the item box hit Pink Gold Peach just before the finish line!) and got my last triple stars. I was just plain unlucky here lol. Took me two tries.

MarioKartTracker said:
Still wondering how Birdo is not available for selection, yet she makes a cameo in this game.
Besides the ad, she's mentioned in Sunshine Airport's PA (if listened carefully)
"Paging Galaxy Airlines, Flight 2218, passenger Ms. Birdo, please proceed to the information counter on Floor 2."

MarioKartTracker said:

Look very carefully in one of the ads on the side of the track on N64 Royal Raceway

there was waluigi pinball in mk7 but no waluigi

Big Blue said:
MarioKartTracker said:
Besides the ad, she's mentioned in Sunshine Airport's PA (if listened carefully)
"Paging Galaxy Airlines, Flight 2218, passenger Ms. Birdo, please proceed to the information counter on Floor 2."

I wonder what are all the things the PA says

Big Blue said:
MarioKartTracker said:
Wait, Ms. Birdo? She's not married? But she has the ring.

She and Yoshi must have gotten divorced.

Baby Luigi said:
Big Blue said:
MarioKartTracker said:

I wonder what are all the things the PA says
  • This is the final boarding call for Boomerang Bros. International Airlines, flight 1178, to Sweet Sweet Canyon, departing from A3.
  • Passengers departing on Galaxy Airlines, flight 2580, bound for Dolphin Shoals, should proceed to customs and immigrations at this time.
  • Paging Galaxy Airlines, Flight 2218, passenger Ms. Birdo, please proceed to the information counter on Floor 2.

Note: I couldn't completely make out what she says in two, but it comes close at least.

[source]

Magikrazy said:
Big Blue said:
MarioKartTracker said:
Wait, Ms. Birdo? She's not married? But she has the ring.

She and Yoshi must have gotten divorced.
Good.

But maybe engagement rings mean something else in the Mario universe.

Has anybody here gotten a racing rating or over 10000? My goal is to be able to achieve this score. As I gotten about 8500, I found it to be really difficult because everybody else are much better than me.

At this point I have already relinquished the feeling of frustration when I lost a match.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Has anybody here gotten a racing rating or over 10000? My goal is to be able to achieve this score. As I gotten about 8500, I found it to be really difficult because everybody else are much better than me.

At this point I have already relinquished the feeling of frustration when I lost a match.

Thanks for reading.

My race rating is currently over 30000. Usually, by getting into groups with lower race rating players, you'll have an easier time, but there are some 1000-5000 players who stray from the pack.

Basically, 1000-5000 rooms are less likely to have very experienced players, and you can win as much as 17 points for a 1st place victory, if your race rating is much higher than the others. Of course, the amount of players who are racing plays a factor in how many points you'll gain/lose.

I have 1000 :)

I have 9910. When I finish last/second last in a group of 10000-14000VR players, I sometimes lose about 10 points even though my racing performance was fine, besides being hit by shells.

Ugh, Grumble Volcano and Yoshi Valley are the only two courses in the entire game where I don't bother choosing to race on them in VS mode.

IF i changed the music in Grumble Volcano, I WILL race on it though.

I always just go for Random Courses. I may get a course that I don't necessarily like as much as some of my favorites. But especially after the DLC Packs. Choosing 32 Races no longer guarantees you go through every single course. So I can feel the glee everytime I get a course I like (Ex: Any of the N64 courses, Electrodome, etc.) though of course there are the times I feel dread (At least in regards to 200cc: Dragon Driftway, MK8's Rainbow Road, Super Bell Subway, etc.)

When going online, did anybody seen a duplicate of their Mii? Just now I encountered another Mii that looks like me and has the same name as me (and has the same vehicle combo as me, I think), but he's from Picardy, France. I thought it's funny and amazing to see another Mii that is also me. I do have to wonder if it's a glitch online that sometimes make another player's Mii look like me.

Currently my rating is 9700+, so I have a bit more to go!

Thanks for reading.

So an icon of Kamek (or just a generic Magikoopa) was found in the game's files recently. Maybe he was scrapped or is going to be in future DLC. Here is the icon, it was posted on tcrf.net
MarioKart8-KamekEmblem.png

the egg symbol was found in the files just after release and that appeared as dlc so this could be hinting at it

Back