Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Not my fault Nintendo doesn't see their potential.

I'd definitely rather have more popular characters, even from non-mario series, as opposed to characters that show up, like, once and fairly few people recognise

Big Blue said:
RPG Characters are just obscure to me. They just appear only in one game.

Almost as if they were never intended to reappear beyond those games

I dont expect them to become more recognisable
plenty of characters from all kinds of series are obscure or unrecognisable
just because you like a character doesnt mean others should

We've gone over this dozens of times dude. Just give it up already.

>another argument

i've been using baby peach + biddybuggy + roller + peach parasol and it's working beautifully
too bad i'm still not the greatest player

Desmond Miles said:
I'd definitely rather have more popular characters, even from non-mario series, as opposed to characters that show up, like, once and fairly few people recognise

Just to be fair, I don't think anyone knew who Pink Gold Peach or Baby Rosalina were before Mario Kart 8 existed.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
So then how else are they going to become more recognizable? Or are you saying you want them to stay in the trash.
They should stay in their niche because that's where they belong.

Period.

PRATT.

Mario Party Σ said:
Desmond Miles said:
Just to be fair, I don't think anyone knew who Pink Gold Peach or Baby Rosalina were before Mario Kart 8 existed.
when did we start discussing them
thats a whole other argument

Stargazing said:
>another argument

i've been using baby peach + biddybuggy + roller + peach parasol and it's working beautifully
too bad i'm still not the greatest player

Is that on 200cc?

Our argument that "Mario Kart is about recognizable characters" isn't the strongest because we have characters that made their debut in those games. Now, all are versions of an existing characters, but they still have different designs and all. It doesn't open spaces for people like Fawful or Pink Gold Tubba Blubba, but my point is that it's not 100% about recognizable characters. Doesn't mean it's about niche/obscure characters either.

Eri Ayase said:
Stargazing said:
>another argument

this reminds me that i havent had a "wind waker sucks" argument in quite a while.

anyone?

what if they add a wind waker-themed thing in mario kart 8? like a king of red lions kart?

If there will be any kind of wind waker dlc i will throw away my copy of mk8

i mean i just couldnt buy it, but where's the fun in that?

Baby Luigi said:
Eri Ayase said:
Stargazing said:
>another argument

this reminds me that i havent had a "wind waker sucks" argument in quite a while.

anyone?

what if they add a wind waker-themed thing in mario kart 8? like a king of red lions kart?
i don't even like the zelda series never mind wind waker and this sounds incredible

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I'd be more offended than anyone else.

luckily no one gives a shit

Eri Ayase said:
If there will be any kind of wind waker dlc i will throw away my copy of mk8

i mean i just couldnt buy it, but where's the fun in that?

watch them make an outset island track and a deku leaf glider

How would you guys rate 200cc?

I'd give it a Baby Luigi out of 10

Baby Luigi said:
watch them make an outset island track and a deku leaf glider

if they dont use dragon roost island theme ill be even more offended.

8/10 challenging but good.

I'd give a dead melted Metal Mario out of ten because I raced with a lowest handling combo PLUS a Wii Remote and Nunchuk and with bananas only and it was a disaster. I placed overall in second, after my sister, even though I got 7th twice.

Back