Re: Mario Kart 8

ah yes

baby park
200cc
online 12 players
furious items

WELCOME TO DIE

Yeah something I don't get: the Wiimote + Nunchuck control scheme is AWFUL for 200cc mode. Why the ---- is the drift button shared with the brake? It's absolutely stupid.

i'd probably give it a 6 out of 10 but then i havent played it much
pro controller sucks since if youre pressing a itts really hard to press b also

Desmond Miles said:
i'd probably give it a 6 out of 10 but then i havent played it much
pro controller sucks since if youre pressing a itts really hard to press b also
People are complaining about that, but I have little problem with the Gamepad and the Classic Controller. What makes the Wii U Pro harder to pull off brake pumping?

I just put my thumb in the middle of A and B. I put more pressure on A when I want to drive, and equal on both when I want to turn.

Pro Controller and GamePad have the same button configuration.

Stargazing said:
I just put my thumb in the middle of A and B. I put more pressure on A when I want to drive, and equal on both when I want to turn.

Pro Controller and GamePad have the same button configuration.
I suppose they do, but is the spacing any different or am I missing something? Because IcicleRain's complaint about the Pro Controller isn't the first I've seen.

I would give 200cc a 6/10 after the enlargements made.

Stargazing said:
this is like the best idea ever thank you star

Mario Party Σ said:
I suppose they do, but is the spacing any different or am I missing something? Because IcicleRain's complaint about the Pro Controller isn't the first I've seen.
Man, I don't know. I don't have the controller myself, but I've seen enough pictu-

Desmond Miles said:
this is like the best idea ever thank you star
FIXED
YOU'RE WELCOME

i never thought of killing two buttons with one thumb
im actually super pumped to go try this, sucks its too late

Weird, you guys act like it's a revelation. I press two buttons with my thumb to brake pump all the time. Hmm...

10/10 for 200cc because very high speed is so good, it makes lightweights viable and game is more dependant on skill than luck with items.

Mario Party Σ said:
Weird, you guys act like it's a revelation. I press two buttons with my thumb to brake pump all the time. Hmm...

Same here

200cc probably isn't meant for super fast combos that lack good handling stats. If you want to survive 200cc, you'd probably want to use combos that have above average acceleration, especially when you have to brake-drift a lot.

Of course, while I haven't tried 200cc with the inside drifting bikes, they'll probably have it worse than the outside drifting vehicles.

Oddly, I did spot a Miiverse user who managed to finish in 1st place at Big Blue 200cc with the Standard ATV + Monster combo.

Stargazing said:
Fire Emblem Character said:
extremely annoying on some tracks like neo bowser city
even with the brakes you can't save yourself
Eh, not really. It's possible to do the track with breaks without falling off.

But it's especially annoying in bananas only VS races.

yeah it's possible but incredibly difficult
it's the last turn before the anti-gravity section that always gets me

For Neo Bowser City 200cc, you probably need to focus a lot less on speed, and a lot more on handling.

200cc is both awful, yet beautiful at the same time.

I eagerly await 250cc mode where taking a ramp throws you off the track into a pit.

Cheese Land is dangerous when playing on 200cc. This made me lose my 3-star ranking in 200cc Crossing Cup.

By the way 200cc is awesome. The only downside is not to look behind while I 'drift-brake', as I only do it on straightaways.

Stargazing said:
I did the same thing when I was racing in 200cc for the first time.

I always do that technique in online races.

Back