Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Yes but those games are designed around the ability to customize things, the closest thing to customization Mario Kart had was Mario Kart 7's customization, which was limited to what they gave you. Like I've said twice already I doubt that the ability to get rid of the music or textures they worked on is what they would want to include.

Speaking of that, if they are going to keep the ability to customize you kart (which is very likely) they should allow more customization such as changing the patterns and colors on your wheels, frame and hanglider (if they are going to keep that). If they are going to bring the motorcycles back in the Wii U installment I hope they do have good customization options also.

chillv said:
hanglider (if they are going to keep that).
I think they'll keep them, since they most likely take retro courses from MK7.

And keep the ability to drive underwater. That can definitely give out more ideas.

I wonder what new idea they have under their sleeve?

Lakituthequick said:
chillv said:

There is a way to compensate for a lack of gliders, such as putting big ramps or cannons. Still, I wouldn't like that if they removed gliders, since gliders have so much potential.

If they return the underwater mechanic, they should make a level that is entirely underwater.

La Marionette said:
Lakituthequick said:
chillv said:

There is a way to compensate for a lack of gliders, such as putting big ramps or cannons. Still, I wouldn't like that if they removed gliders, since gliders have so much potential.

If they return the underwater mechanic, they should make a level that is entirely underwater.
I agree, that was the main problem with these mechanics in Mario Kart 7. They were way too brief. They should make courses that are entirely underwater and entirely in the air.

I hope this is the final Mario Kart installment that uses the Retro Tracks concept. I think they've used pretty much every track from the previous games (yeah, I know there are still many other tracks) but I'd just like that all 32 tracks included in the game were brand new.

On the same note, I hope they bring Toad's Turnpike from Mario Kart 64 back. Its music is awesome. Yoshi Valley should return as well. And let's not forget Royal Raceway (weird that they didn't include it in Mario Kart 7, given the huge jump, where the racers could have used their gliders easily).

For the Battle stages (*Name of system* courses and Retro courses)

They should put them as Mini Mushroom cup (New courses) and Egg Cup (Retro courses)

I hope they include mushroom city from mario kart double dash as a retro stage. The music is awsome and brings back so much nostalgia.

They should really have Tick-Tock Clock make a comeback. It's my favorite course on DS.

Well, E3 is in just 1,5 months, so...

chillv said:
La Marionette said:
Lakituthequick said:

I agree, that was the main problem with these mechanics in Mario Kart 7. They were way too brief. They should make courses that are entirely underwater and entirely in the air.
Entirely in the air? That's pretty hard to do y'know? Where do you start? How do you turn?

However I can see courses being fully underwater. Battle Courses too, that be awesome.

Also something that would be awesome is if they could have air and underwater without gravity affecting the kart, like airplanes or submarines. Then courses fully in the air whould be possible.

I want something like planes or subs, but how are we going to race on retro courses if that occurs?

Lakituthequick said:
Entirely in the air? That's pretty hard to do y'know? Where do you start? How do you turn?

Never played Sonic Racing Transformed? They did it pretty great for a few sky exclusive levels.

I might have mentioned at one point that the weight stat should have more influence than simply depict how heavy the kart is.

For one instance, the weight stat may affect how quickly the kart will sink while underwater; the heavier the kart, the quicker it'll sink. Also, the kart's weight would have an impact on the its speed while underwater; underwater racing would favor the lightweight kart combos a lot more, as their weight does not hamper their underwater capabilities as harshly as the heavyweight kart combos. In other words...

0.75/6 Weight -> Very fast underwater speed
3/6 Weight -> Average underwater speed
6/6 Weight -> Very slow underwater speed

In another instance, the weight stat may affect how long the kart's glider can keep the kart airborne; the lighter the kart, the longer the glider will last. Also, the weight stat would affect how fast the kart's glider is, having a negative impact on the heavyweight kart combos, while favoring the lightweight kart combos. In other words...

0.75/6 Weight -> Very fast glider speed
3/6 Weight -> Average glider speed
6/6 Weight -> Very slow glider speed

With these elements, it would make players more hesitant to use the heavyweight kart combos, as those karts would only be at their best on dry land, even though they can still easily push the lightweight kart combos while underwater, and while airborne.

Baby Luigi said:
I want something like planes or subs, but how are we going to race on retro courses if that occurs?

One of the reasons why I don't one retro tracks back. Not anymore.

Lakituthequick said:
You can start on the edge of a cliff. They can also put barriers with arrows on them so you won't go out of bounds. Also, for speed boosts, they could have rings that give you a boost. They can also would have to make items not be able to make you fall. The courses can end in on ground where you have to land.

Thats sounds great i really hope planes are in the game! :)

That would be awsome.

Edit:Ok the post about tanks has dissapeared.

carckin355 said:
Lakituthequick said:

Never played Sonic Racing Transformed? They did it pretty great for a few sky exclusive levels.
Yeah, but in that game the vehicles have turbines.

chillv said:
You can start on the edge of a cliff. They can also put barriers with arrows on them so you won't go out of bounds. Also, for speed boosts, they could have rings that give you a boost. They can also would have to make items not be able to make you fall. The courses can end in on ground where you have to land.
That is a possibility.

Or we can just have a choice to use either a kart or a plane just like Diddy Kong Racing. That would be sweet

Anyway, here is a list of things that will make me happy with this new Mario Kart. (I should post this on MiiVerse also because nintendo does look at MiiVerse posts but since it's only one im pretty sure they be able to see it unless I bombard the communities)

1. Make flying and underwater sections less brief or make courses that revolve solely around flying and ones around underwater. Heck, you can even do both.
2. Bring the "2 characters in one kart" feature from double dash back but make it a choice and don't give it an advantage or disadvantage
3. Bring the motorcycles back and don't give it an advantage or disadvantage either
4. Make the characters and karts less of a chore and hassle to unlock
5. Bring the mission mode from mario kart ds back

I'm not a big fan of mission mode to be honest. The only thing I really like about it is the boss battles

The Boss Battles were my least favorite part of mission mode, I liked the rest of it.

Personally I really liked Mission Mode and would be happy to see it return.

Baby Luigi said:
Or we can just have a choice to use either a kart or a plane just like Diddy Kong Racing. That would be sweet

There are, however, courses where you have to race in either cars, planes or hovercrafts mandatorily, without the option of choosing which one you want to use.

It would be nice if the Mario Kart 8 added a transformation ability like SAASRT.

Back