Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

La Marionette said:
Anser said:
I'd like airplanes like in Diddy Kong Racing, but that would just scream "COPYCATS!!" and I know it just won't happen.

Meh, I want Air Ride machines
Maybe the Warp Star can make a cameo as a light sized machine like the Blue Falcon did. :sleep:

Baby Yoshi said:
La Marionette said:
Anser said:
I'd like airplanes like in Diddy Kong Racing, but that would just scream "COPYCATS!!" and I know it just won't happen.

Maybe the Warp Star can make a cameo as a light sized machine like the Blue Falcon did. :sleep:

DVD_194257_0mpg_snapshot_0118_20130426_204644_zps05ffc1a9.png

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Yoshi said:
La Marionette said:
Anser said:

DVD_194257_0mpg_snapshot_0118_20130426_204644_zps05ffc1a9.png
lol. but it looks a little too BIG in that image. xP

It is, but I think it's intentional.

Here's what a Rex Wheelie would look like

DVD_215929_0mpg_snapshot_0216_20130426_210056_zpsf3b6ff4d.png

There's another image of Mario riding on a pink Formula Star.

Crap, I forgot to mention that I had to dumb down the Rex Wheelie a bit so that its file size can fit into the Standard Bike S's

Diamond Tiara said:
Baby Luigi said:
The teacher from the magic school bus is an item?

Precisely. Baby Luigis and Wario are numbers as well, who knew

Baby Luigi said:
It is, but I think it's intentional.

Here's what a Rex Wheelie would look like

DVD_215929_0mpg_snapshot_0216_20130426_210056_zpsf3b6ff4d.png
So it says Toadette is pink scum.
Vote: Toadette

Anyway your hacks and quite weird, I must say.

NSY said:
Anyway your hacks and quite weird, I must say.

Oh, just wait until you hear the music playing in the background.

If Mario Kart Wii U was like this:

DVD_143857_0mpg_snapshot_0342_20130324_153924_zps87531d0a.jpg

It would be the best game in the Mario series no doubt about it

What exactly are you showing in these screenshots? Hacked matches?

Showing you the reasons I love homebrew and hackers

Baby Luigi said:
Showing you the reasons I love homebrew and hackers
Who's hack is it?

The Wario head, the classic go-kart, the Warpstar, the Rex Wheelie, the HUD, the "Cutie" thing....

They're all mine/LGM's

Anyways, developers should just allow mods and texture packs for their games so people don't have to hack them to do stuff like that.

A good example is the music sandbox game osu!. It allows you to change almost every single sound and graphic in the game.

Edit: Accidental double post. I thought I was editing my last post.

I would love it if Nintendo allows us to change our character's colors by modifying their textures, alter the music (Mario Kart never had a spectacular soundtrack; eliminating the Mario Kart music improves the game by a lot), and basically tampering with the aesthetics. If Nintendo allows this degree of customization, they would be the best gaming company ever.

As of now, however, I'm sticking to hacking the game. Besides, hacking makes Wario last 100% of the time, and that's awesome.

I'm fine with just playing what I'm given in a game. But I understand that hacking can be fun to mess around with, I just rather keep the game the way it is.

Also I 100% doubt that they will allow all that customization. That's the whole reason to hack things, because nobody adds those options.

carckin355 said:
I'm fine with just playing what I'm given in a game. But I understand that hacking can be fun to mess around with, I just rather keep the game the way it is.

Also I 100% doubt that they will allow all that customization. That's the whole reason to hack things, because nobody adds those options.
We all know that nintendo will never do that for their games but it is indeed possible. If it wasn't, how did wario ware diy get made and released.

WarioWare D.I.Y was a Mini-game creation game, it's not a very good comparison to a racing game.

I don't even think it's necessary to point that out because I never said the word impossible, I just said I doubt it.

carckin355 said:
WarioWare D.I.Y was a Mini-game creation game, it's not a very good comparison to a racing game.

I don't even think it's necessary to point that out because I never said the word impossible, I just said I doubt it.
Yeah, I know that Wario Ware is a creation game but it allows you to modify the built in microgames so it is a good comparison. If that's not good enough, then blast works for the Wii is a game that allows you to modify everything in game. Ships, levels, objects, enemies and even bullets.

Lord Spongeful said:
I loved the missions in MKDS, they should be brought back in this game.

Or an Adventure Mode like Diddy Kong Racing's or Crash Team Racing's. That would be new to the series and it would be interesting.

chillv said:
carckin355 said:

Yeah, I know that Wario Ware is a creation game but it allows you to modify the built in microgames so it is a good comparison. If that's not good enough, then blast works for the Wii is a game that allows you to modify everything in game. Ships, levels, objects, enemies and even bullets.

Yes but those games are designed around the ability to customize things, the closest thing to customization Mario Kart had was Mario Kart 7's customization, which was limited to what they gave you. Like I've said twice already I doubt that the ability to get rid of the music or textures they worked on is what they would want to include.

Anser said:
Lord Spongeful said:
I loved the missions in MKDS, they should be brought back in this game.

Or an Adventure Mode like Diddy Kong Racing's or Crash Team Racing's. That would be new to the series and it would be interesting.

I loved those games Adventure Modes. The best part is exploring the different types of areas (DKR has the snowy part that lead to the ocean which could loop back to the beginning and there were a few hidden balloons if I remember correctly).

Back