Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

It would be nice if MK8 had karts.

Like classics

and they should put the 2-Player team up from Double Dash for multiplayer here, instead of having to be seperate.

MnSG said:
Lakituthequick said:

I'm taking it that you only really consider the Pipe Frame to be a kart.

I took it as a sarcastic response to everyone talking about planes or underwater segments.

carckin355 said:
MnSG said:
Lakituthequick said:

I'm taking it that you only really consider the Pipe Frame to be a kart.

I took it as a sarcastic response to everyone talking about planes or underwater segments.
This guy actually got it.

It would be great if this game had a track editor.

Diamond Tiara said:
Yes, that would be great.

NSY said:
Diamond Tiara said:
Yes, that would be great.

That would be awesome! That way we don't have to wait for nintendo to do a retro remake of our old favorites.

I want a track editor only if it isn't ----ty like Diddy Kong Racing DS's

But, I really don't think this can be implemented well. Just think about how complex and how much technicalities are required to create a track. You need respawn points. You need item boxes, and maybe give behaviors for them. You need checkpoints (Mario Kart uses checkpoints, though they aren't visible unless you mod a course). For course obstacles, what is their behavior? And for some sound clips such as Bowser's laugh.

All of these are required if you want a decent track editor.

Baby Luigi said:
I want a track editor only if it isn't ----ty like Diddy Kong Racing DS's

But, I really don't think this can be implemented well. Just think about how complex and how much technicalities are required to create a track. You need respawn points. You need item boxes, and maybe give behaviors for them. You need checkpoints (Mario Kart uses checkpoints, though they aren't visible unless you mod a course). For course obstacles, what is their behavior? And for some sound clips such as Bowser's laugh.

All of these are required if you want a decent track editor.
And...

And....what? You need even more than that to get at least a track editor that won't suck like hell.

Baby Luigi said:
And....what? You need even more than that to get at least a track editor that won't suck like hell.

No, im just saying that you're making it look like there is a very slim chance of them implementing on. F-Zero X had a track editor, it just wasn't released in america due to the fail of the 64DD.

I'm not saying a slim chance for a track editor, I'm saying a slim chance for a decent track editor

Baby Luigi said:
I'm not saying a slim chance for a track editor, I'm saying a slim chance for a decent track editor

I know what you mean by that because I felt that super smash bros. brawl had a really lazily made editor because they could have added more than they did.

That is true. In fact, a stage editor should have been like modding Super Smash Bros. Brawl stages. Only difference? They should make it so it's 5000x easier to import courses from other games into this one.

Nintendo could learn from modnation racer's track editor from the ps3 and follow there example. From what I've seen, that game had a pretty decent track editor.

Geno said:
Nintendo could learn from modnation racer's track editor from the ps3 and follow there example. From what I've seen, that game had a pretty decent track editor.

Nintendo can even learn from Spore when it comes to customization....

But I heard Modnation's Racer has a pretty sweet track editor. Then again, the game is probably built around the track editor, something this Mario Kart probably wouldn't do.

Flamer said:
And maybe custom online tracks, so you can get popular.

Or even kart editors.

Whenever there's customization, it's likely that you'll be able to share it online

For kart editors, Nintendo needs to look at Spore to get ideas.

Baby Luigi said:
For kart editors, Nintendo needs to look at Spore to get ideas.

I honestly think Trials Evolution's Track Editor is probably a better example, since it's basically a racing game as well, just 2D. But they make some pretty amazing stages that don't seem possible with just a track editor.

Well with Spore, I recreated SNES Mario Circuit 3, with a twist of mine of course

Nintendo's focus is less about customization and more about gameplay. Although the customization in MK7 was pretty cool, but I doubt nintendo would allow us to delve into it further.

We can speculate all we want, but as you all know, we will never really know until E3 or a later nintendo direct. I would like to see mario kart u before the end of the year, most likely not going happen but it's a nice thought.

Baby Luigi said:
Geno said:
We can speculate all we want, but as you all know, we will never really know until E3 or a later nintendo direct. I would like to see mario kart u before the end of the year, most likely not going happen but it's a nice thought.

It is already confirmed it's coming out this year

I'm gald I can count on you Baby Luigi to confirm launch/release dates for me. I only spend a limited time on the internet before I get frustrated, I'm glad some of you guys look into this stuff, cause I sure as heck don't really want to.

Geno said:
Baby Luigi said:
Geno said:

It is already confirmed it's coming out this year

I'm gald I can count on you Baby Luigi to confirm launch/release dates for me. I only spend a limited time on the internet before I get frustrated, I'm glad some of you guys look into this stuff, cause I sure as heck don't really want to.
Why does the internet frustrate you? Is it slow or something?

Back